Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

gimli2112 wrote: »
    There's one in the fire station that wiped out my whole squad. Lethal

Happened 2 of us in the first week of playing it. Now we just parachute out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

When playing the quarry in GW, I like to land a helicopter on the roof of the factory and get down into the room. Dead 50% of the time.

Mrdata. wrote: »
    Not really played cod since mw/blackout on 360. Enjoying warzone. Decent depth to it and a nice break from apex legends. Only get to play 2/3 hours 3/4 days a week anymore if lucky. Is therr anywhere to find squads/regiments? So sick of randoms with zero voice communication.
    Hi, a silent random here!

I so rarely get matched with English speaking players that I dont even bother with voice tbh. Also, all the Paddy Whackery from English players gets a bit tiresome too.

Try using the ping system, there really is little need for mic communication.

Anyways, to answer your question you can use the looking for group on PC game bar and Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Little old me just won a match of BR Solos. Can't believe it. Took a 15min Whatsapp Facetime call and hid in the corner surprised to be alive by the end of it. Got into a Tactical Rover and mowed 4 or 5 people down out of the last 20. That's how you do it folks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Finally finished Season 2 Ribbon Challanges. The bloody Ground War vehicle Challanges IAV & APC kills, frustrating waiting around for the vehicles to spawn in only for someone else to jump into them.
    Hit level 155 last week and finished the Battle pass on Friday without the need for the 10 free levels. Gonna take a break for a few days. Role on Season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I can hear them all right but can't pinpoint from where. I assume that's something wrong with me. I'll hear loud footsteps and think this is the sound of my impending doom.
    BloodBath wrote: »
    I can hear them sometimes. Too many times have I had 1 guy or a whole squad sprint at my position and not hearing them until they are already shooting at me from 5 meters. It's not dead silence either. The games sound is just terribly designed and balanced.

Also gunfights can sound close but are a whole town away. It's very hard to pinpoint sound. There's other sound issues like a sound triggering at a certain point left or right will continue playing at that point even if you turn your characters head.

Difficulty locating sound above or below. There's no effects applied to distant or different floor sounds that would help identify their distance or location. Only volume.

3d positional audio is non existent and footsteps often make no sound.

Playing on PC so maybe it's not an issue on console but I'm not the only 1. All the big streamers also calling out the bad sound.

Back to apex until they fix this crap.

Thye audio is all over the shop and my biggest complaint. Some of the effects are completely deafening, I feel like 40% of my match is drowned out by helicopter noise and whilst I haven't experimented the commentator effects are completely deafening. Team chat is worthless about 70% of the time because some effect is drowning out what your team mate is trying to say.

Gunfire positional audio is definitely all over the place and that one you mention about gunfire sounding close but in reality is legit halfway across the map and I also have serious difficulty with front/back gunfire. I'm always struggling to tell what direction I'm taking fire from.

For what it's worth using the 'boost' option (I use low as high just wants to make your ears bleed) in the audio settings does help with footsteps.

It's a shame as it's my first foray back into CoD and there's a good game in Warzone to be had (and I've gotten into some cracking back and forth fights in Plunder) but the audio is so sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right, I've played more than my fair share of HQ to know it's a terrible mode. 95% of players don't play the objective, and the rest are too thick to understand how it works. Nearly every single match is the enemy taking the objective (because my team are about kills, not objective), then queue 3 minutes of trying to take back the objective, then we do, the team stays where they are to pick off whoever is left, meanwhile killing the enemy spawns them about 100 ft from the next objective...

Screw that mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just had my second Warzone win with the brother. Then did a solo to finish off a daily. Got into the gulag fast, rushed the guy, threw a stun which bounced off a wall and landed at my feet, other guy walks over and casually ends me.
    Swings and roundabouts

• Advertisement

I'm actually really annoyed that Warzone is included with the MP stuff. They should keep them separate imo.

Anyway, only have the next 10 or so hours to finish up, I'll definitely get the BP finished, but I'm only rank 144 so don't think I'll get to 155 tonight, unless I have some crazy good games. But that's a lot of XP between now and then. Not too bothered really.

Finally got my Plat launchers last night. So that's launchers, LMG and Marksman down. Half way through the AR's but have most challenges at least unlocked for the remaining ones. Looking at what's left to do, don't think I'll manage the Damascus this year, but maybe they're taking a year out from CoD and i'll have a further 12 months to get it!

(Still hoping for an IW2 or AW2)

Edit: Activision did confirm a new CoD for 2020, but nothing else. Rumours are it will be Black Ops 5... Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm actually really annoyed that Warzone is included with the MP stuff. They should keep them separate imo.

Anyway, only have the next 10 or so hours to finish up, I'll definitely get the BP finished, but I'm only rank 144 so don't think I'll get to 155 tonight, unless I have some crazy good games. But that's a lot of XP between now and then. Not too bothered really.

Finally got my Plat launchers last night. So that's launchers, LMG and Marksman down. Half way through the AR's but have most challenges at least unlocked for the remaining ones. Looking at what's left to do, don't think I'll manage the Damascus this year, but maybe they're taking a year out from CoD and i'll have a further 12 months to get it!

(Still hoping for an IW2 or AW2)

Edit: Activision did confirm a new CoD for 2020, but nothing else. Rumours are it will be Black Ops 5... Ugh.

The challenges? I agree, had lovely full progress bars and then only half full :( Only missed two weekly challenges all season and both were for Operators I don't have!!

I got BP done last week and got 155 tonight. Needed to do 10 more challenges but said I'd enough now even though I'd some easy ones left like a quad kill, 10 LMG headshots, needed 7 more melee kills, destroy 12 more enemy equipment and hack 3 enemy equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,515 ✭✭✭✭klose

Any idea what the update file size is?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

klose wrote: »
    Any idea what the update file size is?

188GB :rolleyes:

Just played Warzone for the first time with a mate. Really good fun. Took us a few goes to get in sync and then we played one good one with a couple of revivals, a buy back and both of us getting out of the gulag. Finished 9th. Really good fun.

Two wins on Blood Money/Plunder tonight, only started playing it with a couple of mates on Sunday evening.

Wouldn't be one for squad based games but been loving this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    188GB :rolleyes:

The sad thing is, I hope you're spoofing but I've a feeling you're not 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Rumours are it will be Black Ops 5... Ugh.

Wouldn't make sense for it to be Black Ops 5 this year, as Sledgehammer should be making their COD instalment this year, if the last few years are to go by;

2014: Sledgehammer (AW)
    2015: Treyarch (BLOPS3)
    2016: Infinity Ward (IW)

2017: Sledgehammer (WWII)
    2018: Treyarch (BLOPS4)
    2019: Infinity Ward (MW)

2020: Sledgehammer (???)

Oh yeah. Article I read so was completely wrong, just went with it. So Sledgehammer's go. Hopefully they returned to their AW sequel before being told to do WWII. Like, people seemed to like WWII so I think the recent one was the best modern version of that, we don't need another, it's been done to death and will never be as good as WaW. MW has the modern side of things down, so I'm still hopeful that AW2 will happen, that way they have their 3 time periods covered!

Edit: So yeah, just got to 99 on the BP, had 1350 CoD points, so spent 150 to get the last tier, i'm done for the night! All that was coming up was HQ. Still have enough for S2 BP so all good. Finished at 144.

14GB on Xbox this morning. Not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Oh yeah. Article I read so was completely wrong, just went with it. So Sledgehammer's go. Hopefully they returned to their AW sequel before being told to do WWII. Like, people seemed to like WWII so I think the recent one was the best modern version of that, we don't need another, it's been done to death and will never be as good as WaW. MW has the modern side of things down, so I'm still hopeful that AW2 will happen, that way they have their 3 time periods covered!

Edit: So yeah, just got to 99 on the BP, had 1350 CoD points, so spent 150 to get the last tier, i'm done for the night! All that was coming up was HQ. Still have enough for S2 BP so all good. Finished at 144.

Sorry guys it's a reboot of BlackOps, Sledgehammer and Raven where working on a Vietnam War game but got into a development disagreement so Activision just brought in Treyarch as lead studio for this year, with the other two supporting them, everything is pointing to a Black Ops reboot much like Modern Warfare was this year but God only knows what state it will be with reduced development time, will also put pressure on Infinity Ward's development cycle as they are moved to 2021 for their next game.
    I wouldn't be surprised if with the Corona Virus that this year's COD gets pushed out a few month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Taking out trios is a dose. They should have left it in, we generally found ourselves with either a man too many, but the game was generally pretty playable with a team of 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

update on PS4: 11GB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭circadian

Backlot added to multilayer. Just need wetwork and a few others then they could do a Cod4 playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The sad thing is, I hope you're spoofing but I've a feeling you're not ��

Thankfully 15.7GB on PC this time, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my trepidation over Warzone quads turned out to be unfounded as we won our first two, sadly my promise to the squad tthat we'd go the season undefeated died the very next round

F**k sake I only have two friends.

Least the update wasn't too bad on PS4. Dipped in for a few games of Plunder with randoms and ended up winning a game. Nasty the way the money per crate and per contract has been reduced it seems to keep game lengths the same.

Played FFA on Hovek Sawmill and didn't like it st all which is odd since it's small and pokey, my usual favourite style of map design.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    F**k sake I only have two friends.

Least the update wasn't too bad on PS4. Dipped in for a few games of Plunder with randoms and ended up winning a game. Nasty the way the money per crate and per contract has been reduced it seems to keep game lengths the same.

Gimli is on PS4 I think. But you can add me if you don't mind playing with someone on PC.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Gimli is on PS4 I think. But you can add me if you don't mind playing with someone on PC.

Cheers, was being over dramatic rather than serious haha

Advertisement