Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

alta stare wrote: »
    Does anyone else just play COD for the fun of it or is it all players looking to complete challenges and what not? I just go in with what i unlock through ranking up and that's it. Id have no interest in doing much else. :D

I play for an hour even two and turn it off. I see some players with fancy weapons and upgrades but they still die just as much. Id still come out on top many times so is all the effort some people put into the game really worth it? Not having a go at anyone and what they do in the game (apart from campers..i love getting them) just curious is all.

My younglad stopped playing it because he took it too seriously...even though he wont admit that is why he stopped playing it. It is a fun game if it is played in the manner it should be played...all out war :D

I'd be lying if I didn't say that every time I play, I'm doing my best to get the win. K/d, camos etc I don't really care about, but yup, I'm either tryharding or I'm not playing at all tbh. But that's how I play all multiplayer games, I've never been great at faffing about and finding my own fun in stuff like Minecraft or GTA online. Point me at an objective and I'll do my best to achieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

heroics wrote: »
    Why does the 725 have stupid long shots to get the gold camo? None of the other shotguns needed it. It’s a pain to get

I didnt find it too bad. Hardcore shipment you can rack them up fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭circadian

My daily challenges aren't being counted and I'm not levelling up on the Grau, anyone else having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

circadian wrote: »
    My daily challenges aren't being counted and I'm not levelling up on the Grau, anyone else having this issue?

Same here servers keep going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

circadian wrote: »

Same here. None of my challenges are tracking and I’m getting 0 xp after every game. Only logged on about 30 mins ago

20:35. Activist on finally tweeted they are looking into it as opposed to telling everyone to reset stats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just noticed it myself, flying around with my knife, getting crouch/double kills and 3 kills without dying, should have Damascus by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yup played 3 games last night no xp. no tracking so what's the point?

So, warzone mode looks likely to release very soon

some in depth video of it here - this is a mirror though, the other one got taken down, so watch it while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Still haven't fixed the xp bug.

yup they're gone silent on it

• Advertisement

have to say, that looks mega.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

have to say, that looks mega.

Fixed link

Still haven't fixed the xp bug.

Not bothered by XP as at 155 and BP is done too.
    Camo challenges are tracking again, just got Damascus.

Shipment + smoke = stabby stabby, happy happy.
    Can stop annoying everyone with my knife/shield combo.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not bothered by XP as at 155 and BP is done too.
    Camo challenges are tracking again, just got Damascus.

Shipment + smoke = stabby stabby, happy happy.
    Can stop annoying everyone with my knife/shield combo.

Fair play. That’s some amount of patience 😀

Resolved apparently. Going to have a few games see if XP is working again

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/1237111508896608257?s=19

Resolved apparently. Going to have a few games see if XP is working again

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/1237111508896608257?s=19

Was working fine for me early this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, working again.

Ground War looks fun, but it also looks like one of those modes that if you don't play it constantly you'll be at a disadvantage to those who do and know it inside out.

Watching Driftor's video on Warzone earlier and he made some good points. Killstreaks in end game in a little small circle with no cover will be brutal, not sure how they will address this.
    Not sure if cross play is mandatory like ground war or selectable either.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Watching Driftor's video on Warzone earlier and he made some good points. Killstreaks in end game in a little small circle with no cover will be brutal, not sure how they will address this.

No doubt there will be some level of balancing and changes over the coming months. you could assume that they could alter the final circle so that it never ends in a wide open area or something.
    I'll be interested to see how it pans out. getting squad wiped by a killstreak would certainly be rage inducing, particularly in a battle royale. I'm very interested in seeing what the Plunder mode is like, the idea of a grand heist / battle to an extract point sounds like a cool twist.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I actually like this new mode.

The 2nd chance after death then subsequent buy back thing is a nice idea, and solves the biggest problem I have with Battle Royale, but it will be interesting to see if it actually works.

gimli2112 wrote: »

You can turn off cross-play.
    I did, not going up against a PC sniper... Life's too short for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

You can turn off cross-play.
    I did, not going up against a PC sniper... Life's too short for that.

Im nearly sure it's input based matchmaking,controllers v controllers etc

Dozyart wrote: »

OK, I'll try it so.
    Played 1 game so far, smooth.
    Won my battle in Gulag, then became a "hunted", don't know if I show up on the mini-map or not, but was found fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭Homelander

Depends who you are playing with. Usually you end up mixed if playing with friends on the opposite platform, as a PC player it's 50/50 if we end up in a controller/kbm dominated lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭circadian

Is this bundled in the 21GB update or do I need to install standalone?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

then became a "hunted", don't know if I show up on the mini-map or not, but was found fairly quickly.

That answers the question i had about if you get the contract to kill someone does the other person know.....you show up the other persons mini map

That answers the question i had about if you get the contract to kill someone does the other person know.....you show up the other persons mini map

I think you show up as a yellow circle showing roughly where you are on their map, I just happened to be at smokes edge which made it easy for them.

Servers are getting hammered. This BR mode is unplayable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Servers are getting hammered. This BR mode is unplayable.

I've had a good few games, no issues. Enjoying it so far.

Advertisement