Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

blaa85 wrote: »
    I've had a good few games, no issues. Enjoying it so far.

Same, so far, so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Haven't been able to get into a game. Player count reaches the 130s and then starts losing them 1 by 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Haven't been able to get into a game. Player count reaches the 130s and then starts losing them 1 by 1.

Yeah nobody knows whether to stay as the player count crashes or bail like everyone else into a new lobby to have same happen :pac::pac::pac:

Triple, double XP, anyone going for Damascus should open up the camo tasks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It's pretty horrible, doesn't feel like a BR at all with the respawns, gulag etc. Map is absolutely packed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

First impressions are fairly meh. It's alright, but nowhere near as good as the likes of Apex. I like the fact you can bring back teammates like that game, but the gulag thing is a bit ****.

Overall it's OK. Don't think it would take me away from other better BR games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So gave this a go. Was teamed up with 2 randomers, both of which died within 2 minutes of landing with one of them quitting immediately. I survived for about 15 minutes but had absolutely no idea what I was doing, or meant to do. Got into the Gulag and somehow managed to survive, so got a second chance. The other player failed and I think I might have been able to revive, but couldn't figure it out. No tutorial on that part. Got some decent weapons, a few kills, and then murdered by 3 lads actually working together.

It was alright. I can see it being really good, but that's a mashoosive map to remember, so like above, if you don't constantly play this mode you'll be left behind quite quick I'd imagine. Won't play it again, until they bring in solos and I'll give it another go then. It could be a really good mode, and I like that you don't have to have crossplay enabled.

My major gripe about it, is no MP content. They seem to think that this is a good enough update, but I feel cheated as no new maps, etc for normal MP. Also don't like that the Groundwar challenges show up in normal MP. Makes it look like I haven't completed the weekly challenges, but I have, only there are 10 more specific to Groundwar for each week. Should be completely separate, but a minor visual gripe in all. Anyway, back to Dom, only have a few mounted kills to Gold the FAL, and working on the RPG to Plat the launchers. Then I'll finally get to try the other secondary weapons!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Played a round of plunder last night to see what its all about, it seems like a very half baked mode, I dropped to an area, and amazingly managed to wipe out a 3 man squad that was there before me. The 3 man squad then kept redeploying and heading straight back to my postion, where my self and my teammate managed to rack up another 10 kills, but it didnt seem to evolve beyond this, we eventually got bored and ran and deposited our money, but there was still 17 minutes on the countdown timer. In that remainign time, there was a fair bit of travelling, but we only encountered a few other players. maybe we're doing something wrong but that mode seems not quite ready yet. edit - the other thing id say, is the movement speed in MW is down quite a bit from previous CoD's. I'd gotten used to it in standard multiplayer, but you can really feel it in the wide open areas of the battle royale map.

You really need a squad with comms,playing with randoms is a waste of time....you need to stick together to be able attack as one unit which makes it funny when the random rides off like he's rambo only to die and ping buy stations to be rezzed!:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dozyart wrote: »
    You really need a squad with comms,playing with randoms is a waste of time....you need to stick together to be able attack as one unit which makes it funny when the random rides off like he's rambo only to die and ping buy stations to be rezzed!:pac::pac::pac:

due to the wonders of cross play between ps4/xbox/pc, theres surely enough on here to get a few games going?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,415 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So gave this a go. Was teamed up with 2 randomers, both of which died within 2 minutes of landing with one of them quitting immediately. I survived for about 15 minutes but had absolutely no idea what I was doing, or meant to do. Got into the Gulag and somehow managed to survive, so got a second chance. The other player failed and I think I might have been able to revive, but couldn't figure it out. No tutorial on that part. Got some decent weapons, a few kills, and then murdered by 3 lads actually working together.

It was alright. I can see it being really good, but that's a mashoosive map to remember, so like above, if you don't constantly play this mode you'll be left behind quite quick I'd imagine. Won't play it again, until they bring in solos and I'll give it another go then. It could be a really good mode, and I like that you don't have to have crossplay enabled.

My major gripe about it, is no MP content. They seem to think that this is a good enough update, but I feel cheated as no new maps, etc for normal MP. Also don't like that the Groundwar challenges show up in normal MP. Makes it look like I haven't completed the weekly challenges, but I have, only there are 10 more specific to Groundwar for each week. Should be completely separate, but a minor visual gripe in all. Anyway, back to Dom, only have a few mounted kills to Gold the FAL, and working on the RPG to Plat the launchers. Then I'll finally get to try the other secondary weapons!

You can revive them by buying them back at a buy point thing. Costs 4500 cash.

It's an interesting mechanic but my experience to date is that randoms won't bother buying you back in, so if you die and fail the gulag you may as well quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

Had a few games and its just confusing, running around aimlessly. Gulag is ridiculous.
    I'll stick to Apex for my battle royal fix.

1882 wrote: »
    Had a few games and its just confusing, running around aimlessly. Gulag is ridiculous.
    I'll stick to Apex for my battle royal fix.

i dont get apex,Ive watched and played it but never have the urge to go back but each to their own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭1882

Dozyart wrote: »
    i dont get apex,Ive watched and played it but never have the urge to go back but each to their own
    I've been playing it on and off from the start. I had no new games at the time so spent alot of days playing and just got into it.
    Do you like Warzone? I havent played it enough tbh, so maybe I'm being hasty writing it off so soon.

1882 wrote: »
    I've been playing it on and off from the start. I had no new games at the time so spent alot of days playing and just got into it.
    Do you like Warzone? I havent played it enough tbh, so maybe I'm being hasty writing it off so soon.

I am a massive Pubg fan but they are hellbent on destroying the game on console :pac::pac: will it kill Pubg? not a chance but it's a nice alternative!

I really like Warzone it has many things that make think "that's clever",i think it really comes alive when you have a squad on comms,you need teamwork,you will be absolutely steamrolled if someone cant give you heads up on threats or plays!!

Also it is the only BR to reward teamwork....buying back in players,giving cash for armour or pooling it to buy load out drops etc

TLDR = I like it :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Apex rewards teamwork...well actually all BRs reward teamwork, just not as obvious as pooling money.

Found this very dissapointing, just doesnt flow well at all. Getting into relatively small circles with 50 people still alive? Feels too random. Also the initial circle cutting off half the map most of the time is ridiculous, map actually feels too small for 150 (+ gulag + respawns).

Initial loot guns are awful and the only way to play is to buy in your class. Can get the logic (if its on purpose) but they need slightly better loot guns, most are just horrible to use. Gulag is just crap, seems cool at first but really don't think it will age well.

It's okay. It's a bit of fun but I'm ambivalent to it already. The respawns make it constantly busy which is good compared to the likes of pubg. Gun play doesn't really suit BR game. Character models feel too big. The amount of times where I think I'm in cover when I'm not. I can't see this one lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's funny seeing the feedabck here and comparing it to the content creators online waxing lyrical about it. Now I'm wondering how much they're being paid. BR isn't for me anyway. I tried fortnite and Pubg and didn't last five minutes in either. I just don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's funny seeing the feedabck here and comparing it to the content creators online waxing lyrical about iy. Now I'm wondering how much they're being paid. BR isn't for me anyway. I tried fortnite and Pubg and didn't last five minutes in either. I just don't get it.

I think its great, but I love Pubg. I don't play the normal cod multiplayer though, I'm only here for the BR. Same with last year, only played blackout and that was due to most of my friends only owning console's.

Still very early days for it yet, plenty of things for patches to improve upon.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's funny seeing the feedabck here and comparing it to the content creators online waxing lyrical about it. Now I'm wondering how much they're being paid. BR isn't for me anyway. I tried fortnite and Pubg and didn't last five minutes in either. I just don't get it.

Streamers/content creators love it because its different and new,they have been playing the other BRs for 8 hours a day for so long that any new game will be the most awesome game ever.....for a few weeks!! they will go back to their respective BRs that brought in the viewers/subs eventually!

And if they were being paid they would have #codpartner etc all over their screen,they all love a good affilliation to be seen as marketable businesses

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    You can revive them by buying them back at a buy point thing. Costs 4500 cash.

It's an interesting mechanic but my experience to date is that randoms won't bother buying you back in, so if you die and fail the gulag you may as well quit.

Yeah, I saw something pointing towards a buy point, but every time I went there I couldn't find it, checked all 3 floors of the building it was supposed to be in and stood dead centre in the icon, still nothing.

Doesn't matter, won't be playing it again anyway, not for me. Just hope they don't dilute the MP content further between this and normal MP, which it seems to be doing already.

Must have been skilled very low last night in MP, as I was destroying all around me, going 50+ kills in games, 10+ captures. Got the M13 from rank 2 to rank 40 in about an hour, 25k+ XP per Dom match (with the double XP). Very unlike me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

1,000th post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

unlucky better luck next time :D

You're Ant, I'm Dec:

Ant-and-Dec.gif

Solos is live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Up to level 90 on the Battlepass now. That double XP really helped.

Also how the hell are you meant to use a riot shield? Used it for a challenge to get 5 kills and I was slaughtered.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Also how the hell are you meant to use a riot shield? Used it for a challenge to get 5 kills and I was slaughtered.

Shipment, crouch, camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

F1ngers wrote: »
    Shipment, crouch, camp.

Oh I did it but hope I never have to use it again. Using a Riot Shield is definitely not a fun way to play the game for me.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Oh I did it but hope I never have to use it again. Using a Riot Shield is definitely not a fun way to play the game for me.

I loved it, throw smoke, run and smack.
    Rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

When I see someone with a riot shield charging at me, I freeze. Classic deer in the headlights.

Advertisement