Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ronda is surely going to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,296 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

DM_7 wrote: »
    Back in the day, before Regal got done for drugs, he was a great Authority figure on RAW. Someone who was believably in charge without the McMahon name.

Wish they went back to that.

Regal looks good as GM on NXT. He's someone who could put guys down who get in his face and I always remember his reaction to Pete Dunne attacking one of the other UK guys. Also when he makes announcements they seem more natural than other GMs.
    Lord TSC wrote: »

I'm hoping we get Heath Slater back with a storyline. He always amuses me when they bother to give him something to do.

Revival back, YEAY! No entrance, boo :(

I saw an entrance.
    As for Heath, I was thinking the same thing about how we haven't seen much of him lately, then we got that bit backstage.
    Loughc wrote: »
    Shows how little they have storyline wise for anyone who isn’t Roman or a McMahon.

It wasn't until you mentioned him that I realised Roman wasn't there this week.
    paulie21 wrote: »
    What's for the winner of the Women's RR? Presumed a title shot but Alexa was there jumping around at the announcement like she'd be in the match

Yeah that whole segment was so badly done. After them beating the crap out of one another they stand side by side waiting for the announcement and getting excited. And Steph kept addressing Sasha when talking about the match in Abu Dhabi, as if Alexa wasn't there.

And I don't know if I said it here last week or planned to, but I don;t like the whole Enzo/Nia thing. Not just because it's a stupid idea, but they're putting their "monster" in a girly role and with a cruiserweight which undermines the whole height thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This women's Royal Rumble, is it over the top rope?
    As I think some of them could hurt themselves doing that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Ronda is surely going to win it.

I fear for Asuka in that case. 2 years worth of build thrown away to hotshot that mma badass bull**** that ruins any kind of concept of competition in pro wrestling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I fear for Asuka in that case. 2 years worth of build thrown away to hotshot that mma badass bull**** that ruins any kind of concept of competition in pro wrestling.

Easy enough to protect her. Have her eliminated a few people, then have Paige and friends jump her from behind and get a lucky, sneaky elimination. Auska snaps, murders the trio and sets up Auska vs Paige for a feud.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Asuka lost in a Battle Royale before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Krooshma

im not being funny here but I am wondering will the rules for the ladies' RR match be the same as the men? I cant recall the last time I saw a female wrestler go over the top rope, it's through the middle ropes

DM_7 wrote: »
    Asuka lost in a Battle Royale before

Ya? Genuinely curious to know when. That there's excuse anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

SlickRic wrote: »
    Steph can fúck off. What business does she have announcing that? She's a heel authority figure. Just let Kurt do it, for the love of Christ. You don't have to keep trying to take credit for the 'Women's Revolution'. Just fúck off away from my screen.

Matt Hardy annoyed me again. He's now just a weird guy.

Kane in the Main Event of the Royal Rumble just makes me want to cry. I get that someone has to take the pin, but I'm done with him. in 2017, we still have a company obsessed with getting big guys in the ring, and they think this is the best show they can put on last.

Yes Steph is awful. I don't care about Kayfafe as much as some do, but is to much to ask them to mantain it just for the show? That ending. Christ.

I do think the biggest annoyance with the promo was her name dropping Moolah with a smile on her face, that women was absolute garbage which Steph should know by now.

Kane in the Rumble is grim, surely they could have got someone younger in to give them a rub and even enhance the match quality.

The show is saturated with part timers like Trips, Angle and Shane hogging the main event atm, really don't need ****ing Kane involved.

Its a reason why I don't get as excited about signings as some do, the roster atm is stacked, but look how much these part timers are spotlighted when Mania season comes around and so many other flounder throughout the year, its depressing to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Moolah and May Young were trash, in and out of the ring. It's as if they were the only two women that ever wrestled before.

Ya? Genuinely curious to know when. That there's excuse anyway. :pac:

In NXT,

Eliminated by

Eva Marie!

Bout won by Carmella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Krooshma wrote: »
    im not being funny here but I am wondering will the rules for the ladies' RR match be the same as the men? I cant recall the last time I saw a female wrestler go over the top rope, it's through the middle ropes

Was wondering that too but apparently a recent women's battle royal in NXT was top rope only so guessing this will be too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think it would have made more sense to let all the women go full steam in kicking the **** out of each other , Then steph comes out makes the announcement about the first womens RR and let each woman know that they shouldnt trust anyone since its every person for themselves. At least you then have a bit of a build up and you can start the tension between all the "friends"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Steph to be number 30 in the women's rumble and win it ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Steph to be number 30 in the women's rumble and win it ??

What a ridiculous idea.

She's obviously gonna be the first entrant and go all the way.

#DoingItForTheGirls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

J. Marston wrote: »
    What a ridiculous idea.

She's obviously gonna be the first entrant and go all the way.

#DoingItForTheGirls

..and single handedly eliminate everyone else in it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I want to see a surprise return in the women's Royal Rumble and yes they should win it! Be the first ever winner!!

Its James Elsworth!
    a pioneer of womens wrestlng!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

''Now would be a good time to do the YES chant.''

And with that, I hope I never ever ever see Stephanie McMahon on my screen again. She is insufferable. Wants to be the big bad heel boss dressing down the likes of Kurt Angle and emasculating talent but also wants to be seen as this marketing PR beacon of hope that the Divas all love and we should be thankful to. What a sh*tcnut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,362 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Omackeral wrote: »
    ''Now would be a good time to do the YES chant.''

And with that, I hope I never ever ever see Stephanie McMahon on my screen again. She is insufferable. Wants to be the big bad heel boss dressing down the likes of Kurt Angle and emasculating talent but also wants to be seen as this marketing PR beacon of hope that the Divas all love and we should be thankful to. What a sh*tcnut.

Well a good number of the women past and present seem to praise Stephanie for what she does for women behind the scenes. I'm sure that's true and if so great, but yeah I watched the announcement from raw and I felt the same as you.

At least with Vince, Shane, and triple h you know there's a chance of payback, whereas with Steph it's not going to happen(and I don't think it should happen either) but then if it can't happen then don't have her involved with men when she is berating them as it makes the guys look like idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Things Stephanie says like the yes chant on Raw the other night, and this tweet from a couple years ago just show how out of touch she is with reality, and I'm not just talking about her ego. The tweet came just about the time of Conor the Crusher being given the Warrior award, showing her and their true motive. Almost every time I'm on wweshop and im going through the superstars page i see Stephanie and I click in wondering what merch did she ever have, and under her name is the conors cure braclet and pin

https://twitter.com/stephmcmahon/status/581881800659591168?lang=en

• Advertisement

That's actually sickening to me even if it's just confirming what I always suspected. ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,296 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A woman needs to step up to her. Her brother is involved in a feud on Smackdown so why can't she do the same on Raw, if she insists on being there

Wouldn't be surprised if she takes a percentage of the Conor's Cure stuff.

Pretty sure one of the OSW guys said she gets two pay-cheques. One for her official role behind the scenes and one for her on-screen character.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    A woman needs to step up to her. Her brother is involved in a feud on Smackdown so why can't she do the same on Raw, if she insists on being there

I can't remember the full storyline tbh but didn't Brie Bella get into a storyline with her a few years ago and then Stephanie ended up beating her at Summerslam! Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pretty sure one of the OSW guys said she gets two pay-cheques. One for her official role behind the scenes and one for her on-screen character.

All the McMahons are paid that way.

HHH is paid for his corporate as Paul and his on screen role as HHH.

CastorTroy wrote: »

I can't remember the full storyline tbh but didn't Brie Bella get into a storyline with her a few years ago and then Stephanie ended up beating her at Summerslam! Ridiculous.
    Yeah didn't Nikki get involved and double cross Brie ? Isn't that were we get the gif of triple H looking over the shoulder of Nikki Bella ?

Yes, the "I wish you died in the womb" feud.

*Shudders*

1ad.gif

Yes, the "I wish you died in the womb" feud.

*Shudders*

Let's be honest the WWE writing is hardly oscar worthy recently or ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    1ad.gif

Tbf can you Blane the man haha

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    Tbf can you Blane the man haha

I don't know if that look was meant by trips but it kind of works. And no not really.

Even the WWE logo has to move out of the way for them.

Finally brought myself to watch that Stephanie segment. Absolute cringe. I especially liked how the official channel cut it as if she didn't beg for the yes chant.

Glad people are catching onto her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Finally brought myself to watch that Stephanie segment. Absolute cringe. I especially liked how the official channel cut it as if she didn't beg for the yes chant.

Glad people are catching onto her.

It was the worst thing I have watched in some while

a lot of the Raw roster seem to rightly have the weekend off and we could have a long drawn out show Xmas nignt but I'll see if i can stick through it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They should all be off. All of them on all brands. It's awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's a lot easier to do a live show than trying to find anything good from the last year for a best of Raw show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s just going to be Elias singing Christmas carols for three hours, isn’t it?

So, an improvement on the weekly tripe then at least.

martyos121 wrote: »

John Cena is returning

prob end up in a feud with Elias

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

martyos121 wrote: »

Im so in if its just elias

Christmas with Elias = ratings.

Mad how the full sail bubble did not work for Elias but on main roster fans are getting behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Santa Mick back for one night only just like me, ho ho ho

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Christmas with Elias = ratings.

Featuring Gallows & Anderson singing their smash hit Neeeeeeeeeeerds :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Santa get stunnered by Austin will surely be shown again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Vince’s Christmas present to us all is no commercials for the first hour

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Cliff notes preview for anyone who's staying up to watch RAW.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2017-12-25

That preview seems surprisingly story-line focused.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There was a random post on reddit a few days back which claimed the plan was for tonight to have....
    Cena vs Regins, with Cena winning the IC title

Probably a troll, but been stuck in my head since I read it.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There was a random post on reddit a few days back which claimed the plan was for tonight to have....
    Cena vs Regins, with Cena winning the IC title

Probably a troll, but been stuck in my head since I read it.

if that happens it only means one outcome for the rumble match ??.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement