Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    I think I paid around €8. The shoes were only €29, but I sent them back out of principle :P.

Was that with an post??? Was it a packet?? Or a parcel. ?
    I'm going by an post website and getting a quote for about 20 notes 😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

Anybody got any decent football boots or astro turf boots off sports direct. I'm playing a lot of soccer on artificial grass lately and looking to get a pair. Seems to be a lot cheaper on there site than in the shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Was that with an post??? Was it a packet?? Or a parcel. ?
    I'm going by an post website and getting a quote for about 20 notes 😀😀

Parcel, I just used the same box and bag they sent them in (that's why I'm always so careful when opening stuff). I didn't send it registered like, just in the regular mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Has anyone bought any running shoes they'd recommend from here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Liam O wrote: »
    Has anyone bought any running shoes they'd recommend from here?

Asics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Asics

But not if you have a wide foot. Nike zoom vomero range I find great but I love a lot of cushioning. Also brooks transcend are great

racso1975 wrote: »
    But not if you have a wide foot. Nike zoom vomero range I find great but I love a lot of cushioning. Also brooks transcend are great

No mention of wide foot in the question I answered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah, my feet aren't that wide :p

Anyone gotten any of the cheaper ones?

If you go for the older model Asics like gel kayano 17 these were around the €60 last time I ordered
    They change the number and colour every year

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭arch20000

I tried a pair of Karrimor as they were cheap. Waste of money.
    I use a pair of asics that were flagged on Bargain Alerts over christmas that I got for £25 not in Sportsdirect. Can't remember where.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Five5

Any codes going? and also is there free delivery over 100?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Five5 wrote: »

No codes 😕
    Last order I had in there last week was about 110. But no free delivery. Wonder has it to be the equivalent to 100 sterling....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Five5 wrote: »

If there is anything on half decent, you'll be emailed about it.

The last good promotion was the 20% off a couple of weeks ago. I haven't noticed free delivery in a while, it was probably christmas when they had free delivery plus a % off.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

just got email .use code SUMMER10 FOR 10%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Excellent! :) thank you for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Holding out for a proper 20%

Must try summer20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Try summer30 !! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

FYI the 10% off is only valid until 11.59 on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Maggiesims

I have 4 items in my bag, went to checkout and was charged 7.99 delivery. When did it increase to 7.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Maggiesims wrote: »
    I have 4 items in my bag, went to checkout and was charged 7.99 delivery. When did it increase to 7.99

A long time ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Summer 10 code extended until midnight tonight with another 10% off running gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I was offered delivery at 14.99 by Barlin, so I went through Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Delivery coming up for me at €6.98 or €10.99 for express

I was charged €8.99 for an order over €200.00 on Sunday night....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

The odd thing is, if you are using ebay, the description tells you it is 4.99 delivery to the UK but then it just applies 7.99.

Yesterday I began to order 2 pairs of running pants from their UK ebay shop front and I was going to use Parcel Motel:

The pants were 12 pounds each so it was coming in a 24 pounds plus 7.99 for delivery = 32 pounds. Converted that is ~45 euro.

I decided to check on their .ie site and the order came in at 14.40 euro per pair of pants plus 6.98 euro Barlin delivery - so 35.78 euro in total. Quite a difference!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

MrWalsh wrote: »
    The odd thing is, if you are using ebay, the description tells you it is 4.99 delivery to the UK but then it just applies 7.99.

Yesterday I began to order 2 pairs of running pants from their UK ebay shop front and I was going to use Parcel Motel:

The pants were 12 pounds each so it was coming in a 24 pounds plus 7.99 for delivery = 32 pounds. Converted that is ~45 euro.

I decided to check on their .ie site and the order came in at 14.40 euro per pair of pants plus 6.98 euro Barlin delivery - so 35.78 euro in total. Quite a difference!!

as we all know the euro has taken quite a dive lately
    sportsdirect though have kept their euro prices pretty stready so you would be pretty mad to be shopping on their uk site in stg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

NATLOR wrote: »

I swear it came up 14.99 for normal and 24.99 for express, so I opted for Parcelmotel and my order was close to €100.

Seve OB wrote: »
    as we all know the euro has taken quite a dive lately
    sportsdirect though have kept their euro prices pretty stready so you would be pretty mad to be shopping on their uk site in stg

Yes, I simply wanted to use UK delivery as I use Parcel Motel not to save money on delivery (although it usually does) but because I am not home in the daytime to take delivery. I diverted this one to my job but I dont like to do that too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

I always seem to miss the codes by a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Bravestaar

I always seem to miss the codes by a day or two.

:lol: I'm the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Bravestaar wrote: »
    :lol: I'm the same.

The problem for me on Sports Direct is that the stuff keeps adding up without me even thinking. I went to buy a few things the other day and it came to a hundred quid. Just like that. I think I'll wait for a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

NATLOR wrote: »

Yeah same here I ordered some stuff I needed for holidays - walking shoes and trekking pants - was happy to pay the express delivery. Those were the delivery prices quoted. Still a bargain. Ordered Monday arrives Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

any new codes?

looking to put in an order but the delivery price is putting me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Bravestaar

I have an order ready but waiting on a decent discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A little OT (sorry) but the boardsies of this thread might know, anywhere to get a rake of tshirts cheap? I've shed a few pounds and am looking to downsize the wardrobe. The ideal would be Tshirt Hell designs + SD pricing. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Crap...

Really isn't worth it without the codes or free shipping.

I bought 3 pairs of Firetrap jeans................

All should've been the same sizes, but were weird sizes in different ways (crotch/leg/waist).

€5.99 to ship here.
    €17.49 to return.

I asked for exchange. They said Out of stock and refunded me for the items.

So I'm down €23.50 and have nothing to show for it :(.
    Only using places that offer free returns from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

ED E wrote: »
    A little OT (sorry) but the boardsies of this thread might know, anywhere to get a rake of tshirts cheap? I've shed a few pounds and am looking to downsize the wardrobe. The ideal would be Tshirt Hell designs + SD pricing. Any ideas?

Congrats on the downsize!

I'm thankfully on a similar trajectory, but haven't reached my final destination so I'm still pretty happy to just buy t-shirts in penny's (starting at €2.50 or something)

You could also try M&M Direct? They have some branded Tshirts (Jack & Jones) for around €7 or €8 at the moment. Try here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Sono

Allyall wrote: »
    Crap...

All should've been the same sizes, but were weird sizes in different ways (crotch/leg/waist).

€5.99 to ship here.
    €17.49 to return.

I agree and I also disagree.

If you know what you are buying and sure of sizes then it's a great site, like you I bought firetrap shorts and to say I was left disappointed was an understatement. They had firetrap labels on them but didn't have the feel of firetrap quality, sent them back and requested different item and it was ignored and I got a refund instead, down postage but a lesson learned, be very careful what you buy from here and be fairly sure you know sizes in advance ie had similar product before and are sure of size being ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Sono wrote: »
    I agree and I also disagree.

If you know what you are buying and sure of sizes then it's a great site, like you I bought firetrap shorts and to say I was left disappointed was an understatement. They had firetrap labels on them but didn't have the feel of firetrap quality, sent them back and requested different item and it was ignored and I got a refund instead, down postage but a lesson learned, be very careful what you buy from here and be fairly sure you know sizes in advance ie had similar product before and are sure of size being ordered.

Sportdirect are know for buying up well known brand names and then lashing that brand name on very poor quality clothing (Slazanger, Dunlop, etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

^^^
    Mike Ashley owns those brands

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    ^^^
    Mike Ashley owns those brands

Mike Ashley owns Sports Direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Mike Ashley owns Sports Direct.

Of course, and Newcastle United etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

I've noticed that once SportsDirect start selling certain brands that were once known to be decent (i.e. Firetrap, Sonnetti, Soul Cal, Kangol, Vision etc) - the quality drops off a cliff.

I think Ashley's business model is buy the brand, switch production of the product to the lowest cost materials and workmanship, stack 'em high, sell 'em cheap via his Sports Direct network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

RayCon wrote: »
    I've noticed that once SportsDirect start selling certain brands that were once known to be decent (i.e. Firetrap, Sonnetti, Soul Cal, Kangol, Vision etc) - the quality drops off a cliff.

I think Ashley's business model is buy the brand, switch production of the product to the lowest cost materials and workmanship, stack 'em high, sell 'em cheap via his Sports Direct network.

Welcome to capitalism.

Here's hoping for another code soon.... I'm thinking after the Wimbledon final maybe (rackets crossed :) )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Some of the Lonsdale stuff like the polo shirts are excellent quality IMO.
    I find the Slazenger tops don't last very long until they look beat up but most Lonsdale stuff I have is still looking good after many washes and wears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

RayCon wrote: »

Couldn't agree more, Firetrap in particular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Never had a problem with any of the brands on sd ,regularly spend €150 on orders from tshirts jeans and runners or boots .
    Always have been very satisfied with the bargins.
    Couldn't really be bothered who owns them or what business model they employ .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I'm also hoping for a coupon code. I want a new hockey (not field, just to clear that up) stick. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djo789

Allyall wrote: »
    Crap...

€5.99 to ship here.
    €17.49 to return.

If You ship the items back with an Post as "Books" you will find the cost alot less :rolleyes:

Advertisement