Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭go4it

0lddog wrote: »
    Wanted to do this to support a couple of causes but couldnt see a way.

Sent an email to Patreon suggesting that they implement direct carrier billing

No reply

I guess Patreon want to get your credit card ...

Shame really :(

Please someone prove me wrong

( other than a multistage process involving crypto and yadda, yadda, yadda ... )

most businesses are reluctant to take phone credit as payment because of the hefty google tax ( 30% )
    In most countries, people don't build up credit from prepaid like we do here ( local telco's don't really enjoy sharing money with others )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

DareGod wrote: »
    Apparently coverage on it is awful outside of the city centre.
    I wont derail the thread further but that is most definitely not the case, full LTE everywhere for me and I get around a bit, Im moving my parents off crappy Eir rural landline internet to Gomo with a 4G router, this is down in the Burren where you can only make phonecalls with 3 or Vodafone in certain parts of the house. Best thing is even if it does drop to H+ or 3G in the back of beyond they're still perfectly usable, 3G and H+ with Three just meant you had no internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Thargor wrote: »
    to Gomo with a 4G router, this is down in the Burren

Are you allowed tether with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Are you allowed tether with them?

Yes, works a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

sweetie wrote: »
    I'm hoping Google Stadia will allow you to use credit to subscribe next month. Think it's 9.99 a month.

This has now been released, does anybody know if you can use 3 Credit to pay for the subscription?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

This [Stradia]has now been released, does anybody know if you can use 3 Credit to pay for the subscription?

how does this work, im getting conflicting details of the cost. its 129 for a premium. but 10 per month which gives you one game (similar to audible), but this 10euro a month apply to the basic edition that is only coming out in Feb 2020.

The idea of Stradia looks great. wonder will PS4/Xboxes sitting wrapped under xmas trees at the moment end up in landfills in the next 6 monhths :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

The idea of Stradia looks great. wonder will PS4/Xboxes sitting wrapped under xmas trees at the moment end up in landfills in the next 6 monhths :o

The idea may be great but the execution of it isn't. And no, PS4 and Xbox One will still be around for a long time (even with new consoles next year). More likely that Stadia gets dumped by Google first.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

This has now been released, does anybody know if you can use 3 Credit to pay for the subscription?

I was able to sign up using my 3 credit, but I couldn't use the credit for Google play music. We'll see what happens after 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I'm thinking of moving from 3 bill pay to prepay to cut my costs. Will I be able to pay for Google drive and Deezer with the credit? Some posts seemed to say the option was gone

what's the best current vpn option/deal at the current time for paying by credit?

focus on iplayer in particular and having both windows and android access

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Damien360

McGaggs wrote: »
    I'm thinking of moving from 3 bill pay to prepay to cut my costs. Will I be able to pay for Google drive and Deezer with the credit? Some posts seemed to say the option was gone

I used my daughters excess credit (which I pay for) on her pre-pay and activated YouTube music family plan using her 3 credit. They have yet to take a payment though as we are on first free month with this. 3 credit Payment was checked on confirmation by google.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Going to use up three call credit on a three sim - yello and viber

Can I do this via wi-fi - as I don't want to top up by another €20

Many thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Going to use up three call credit on a three sim - yello and viber

Can I do this via wi-fi - as I don't want to top up by another €20

Many thanks,

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Did anyone have any luck with refunds for the charges that never got through on the google play store?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

B Rabbit wrote: »
    Did anyone have any luck with refunds for the charges that never got through on the google play store?

No not yet

I'm still onto them. 31 days now...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

how does this work, im getting conflicting details of the cost. its 129 for a premium. but 10 per month which gives you one game (similar to audible), but this 10euro a month apply to the basic edition that is only coming out in Feb 2020.

Absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

I didn't get a refund but got a goodwill payment, still awaiting the actual payment but haven't got on to them since.

Rented a movie again tonight which thankfully worked but received a text message to say my credit was gone under 2.50, after rental I had about €10, so just went on to chat to make sure the text message was wrong, jaysus its painful, I ended up getting kicked out as the text box was blanked out for some reason, I gave up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Got onto them via chat, the person on the other end just stopped responding after a while, so I just switched to Gomo. It's OK but I'd rather Three's data speeds. But if pay by credit is going to randomly break with no recourse, I'll put up with the slower speeds.

Same no chance of getting my refund, it's the same everytime, how much did you pay, was I charged by Google and then it goes I'm transferring to a colleague and repeat, for the past month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Gaah, just realised that during the 3Pay outage, at the end of Oct, I must have paid for a movie with my debit card account rather than phone credit. So in my case I assume the option for credit disappeared, I didn't notice, and inadvertantly used the other payment method I had set up - I would have been better failing to get the goods and having my credit taken anyway, like others had experienced, as I would not have bothered to rent the movie with 'real' money! To make sure I don't get caught if 3Pay goes AWOL again I've removed my debit card...too easy to click without thinking

calnand wrote: »
    Same no chance of getting my refund, it's the same everytime, how much did you pay, was I charged by Google and then it goes I'm transferring to a colleague and repeat, for the past month.

I just got mine back today - it was 5 weeks 2 days in all but I made sure to keep on at them (via Twitter DM) and in fairness they finally came through.

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    I just got mine back today - it was 5 weeks 2 days in all but I made sure to keep on at them (via Twitter DM) and in fairness they finally came through.

Just checked my balance, and mine is back too. So much for, "we'll let you know when the refund has been applied".

Just in time for few movies over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭go4it

there's an app ( and website ) that does videos with Santa - good craic for the kids Portable NorthPole - the 13.99 package looks good value ( bought with prepaid phone credit )

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Got refunded also

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lisij

So can we use credit for youtube subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

lisij wrote: »

Yep, I use mobile credit to pay for youtube premium

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Yep. I do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lisij

Yep, I use mobile credit to pay for youtube premium

Would you mind please telling me how to? If i use youtube direct it only allows paypal Credit or debit cards, theres no option for mobile credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Would you mind please telling me how to? If i use youtube direct it only allows paypal Credit or debit cards, theres no option for mobile credit.

Have you got the sim in your phone and using mobile data?

Advertisement