Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DigiWeb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭dragona

I'm in Mullingar, Internet totally down for the last half hour. Trying to call, with no joy. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

dragona wrote: »
    I'm in Mullingar, Internet totally down for the last half hour. Trying to call, with no joy. Anyone else?

In Mullingar and down for the past 30 mins also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Digiweb down in Navan

Got through to Digiweb using Chat
    They are aware abut broadband outage
    They said they have engeniger working on fixing issue

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

paulboland wrote: »
    Digiweb down in Navan

Got through to Digiweb using Chat
    They are aware abut broadband outage
    They said they have engeniger working on fixing issue
    I presume you are using SIRO. If so there is a major outage on the network affecting a lot of areas. I got this info when I contacted support. I live in Naas.

Update. Service is back up here in Naas. Should also hopefully be back with you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Its back in mullingar

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Apologies to all affected. We had an outage on part of our Siro network which is now resolved. Looking closely at what happened to avoid a repeat.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Quick questions related to Digiweb's VDSL2 products.

Are included calls routed over VoIP or analogue phone line? Basically will a monitored alarm system that currently uses a voice dialler continue to work?

Also do Digiweb include a package that includes unlimited mobile calls and how much is it with VDSL2?

Bonkers.ie seems to suggest such a package exist on Digiweb, but I don't see it listed on the digiweb website.

Thanks.

bk wrote: »
    Quick questions related to Digiweb's VDSL2 products.

Are included calls routed over VoIP or analogue phone line? Basically will a monitored alarm system that currently uses a voice dialler continue to work?

Also do Digiweb include a package that includes unlimited mobile calls and how much is it with VDSL2?

Bonkers.ie seems to suggest such a package exist on Digiweb, but I don't see it listed on the digiweb website.

Thanks.

BK. This link may answer your question. It depends on which modem they supply you. If it is the Fritzbox 7530 or 7560 there is a phone port on the back potentially meaning you can use VOIP. Otherwise it will be the existing phone line.

https://digiweb.ie/superfast-broadband-unlimited-plus-free-calls-anytime/

Further information may be found if you go to the end of the home page.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

cunnijo wrote: »
    BK. This link may answer your question. It depends on which modem they supply you. If it is the Fritzbox 7530 or 7560 there is a phone port on the back potentially meaning you can use VOIP. Otherwise it will be the existing phone line.

https://digiweb.ie/superfast-broadband-unlimited-plus-free-calls-anytime/

Further information may be found if you go to the end of the home page.

Ah, thanks cunnijo, well that link is to the product including the anytime mobile calls that my sister would need, thanks.

Still not quiet clear if you have to use VoIP or can use regular phone line. The point is she has a monitored alarm, which won't work over VoIP, she needs it to remain a fully analog line. I know Vodafone are switching people to VoIP, which is not what she wants.

Ah, thanks cunnijo, well that link is to the product including the anytime mobile calls that my sister would need, thanks.

Still not quiet clear if you have to use VoIP or can use regular phone line. The point is she has a monitored alarm, which won't work over VoIP, she needs it to remain a fully analog line. I know Vodafone are switching people to VoIP, which is not what she wants.

BK I am glad that the link is the right one.

In relation to the monitored alarm technology has vastly changed to the extent that a phone line is no longer needed. There is the option of a GSM dialler (using the mobile network) or more recently over wifi. This is something you or your sister should discuss with the alarm monitoring company.

In relation to VOIP as I mentioned in my previous post it will depend on which modem Digiweb give her. If it is the 7530 then all calls can be routed through the modem using the VDSL part of the connection. If she follows up with the alarm company then she could save money by removing the monthly line rental for the analogue part of the line.

Also if she knows someone who is an existing Digiweb customer she can save €30 on her 2nd bill if they recommend her or allow her to use their contact phone or account number when ordering.

• Advertisement

Hi, we provide both options VOIP where you plug phone into back of modem and POTS where you plug the phone into the wall. POTS option is a little more expensive as need to pay for line rental. Send us a PM if you'd like more info

Digiweb wrote: »
    Hi, we provide both options VOIP where you plug phone into back of modem and POTS where you plug the phone into the wall. POTS option is a little more expensive as need to pay for line rental. Send us a PM if you'd like more info

Thanks very much, that is great that you offer both options and I completely understand the need to charge more for the POTS line.

I'll pass the info onto my sister and I'll PM you if she decides to pursue it.
    In relation to the monitored alarm technology has vastly changed to the extent that a phone line is no longer needed. There is the option of a GSM dialler (using the mobile network) or more recently over wifi. This is something you or your sister should discuss with the alarm monitoring company.

Thanks, yes I'm well aware of that ;)

Given the age of her alarm system she would need to upgrade both the panel and get the GSM/Wifi module. It would all end up costing about €500, so it wouldn't really make economic sense versus her just sticking with the Vodafone service she already has.

I'm aware that there are security benefits in upgrading the alarm. She would gain dual path comms and the ability to use the HKC app to remotely arm/disarm/etc.

So I had already previously discussed that with her, it is something she is interested in doing, but I'm not sure if she is in a position to do that today.

Thanks to you both for the great help, I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

So does Digiweb really only provide 100 Mbit/s upload speed on their SIRO offering??
    All other ones I have seen offer 200 Mbit/s upload and this is important to me for things like using cloud storage for backups etc. ....

Also, does Digiweb offer phone add-on packages with calls to e.g. the US etc. ?

Stone wrote: »
    So does Digiweb really only provide 100 Mbit/s upload speed on their SIRO offering??
    All other ones I have seen offer 200 Mbit/s upload and this is important to me for things like using cloud storage for backups etc. ....

Also, does Digiweb offer phone add-on packages with calls to e.g. the US etc. ?

All Siro providers from 01/07/20 can only offer 100 Meg upload on the 1000 Meg download package for new customers. No exceptions. Existing customers that were on this package before 01/07/20 are uneffected and maintain 200 Meg

Yes phone add-on's available for example Talk World : https://digiweb.ie/product/talk-world/

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

All Siro providers from 01/07/20 can only offer 100 Meg upload on the 1000 Meg download package for new customers. No exceptions. Existing customers that were on this package before 01/07/20 are uneffected and maintain 200 Meg

Yes phone add-on's available for example Talk World : https://digiweb.ie/product/talk-world/

Thanks a mill for the very fast response ;)

Now, I am an existing SIRO customer with 1000/200 Meg, just not currently with Digiweb - if I were to move to Digiweb would I be considered an existing customer and retain my 200 Meg upload ... or a new customer and be 'downgraded' to 100 Meg ?

Stone wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for the very fast response ;)

Now, I am an existing SIRO customer with 1000/200 Meg, just not currently with Digiweb - if I were to move to Digiweb would I be considered an existing customer and retain my 200 Meg upload ... or a new customer and be 'downgraded' to 100 Meg ?

Unfortunately you'd be considered a new customer and would get 1000/100 package. Unfair (we agree)! Works the same with all providers so if you need to maintain the 200 Mbps upload you are stuck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Is it possible I could choose which Fritzbox router to get from Digiweb as a new customer for the 1000/100 package even if there's an extra cost?

I'm looking at the Fritzbox 6890 LTE https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-6890-lte/

I'd like to have the ability of using a data sim card for camera / alarm monitoring in case the fibre service goes down

JethroC wrote: »
    Is it possible I could choose which Fritzbox router to get from Digiweb as a new customer for the 1000/100 package even if there's an extra cost?

I'm looking at the Fritzbox 6890 LTE https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-6890-lte/

I'd like to have the ability of using a data sim card for camera / alarm monitoring in case the fibre service goes down

Hi, Yes could do. The 6890 is very pricey though, you'd be looking at an extra 300 for this device!

What is the standard fritzbox router model provided by Digiweb?

JethroC wrote: »
    What is the standard fritzbox router model provided by Digiweb?

They supply the 7530.

• Advertisement

They supply the 7530.

Yes 7530 standard at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Hi
    To the original OP I'm with Digiweb 4+ years on their 45e package of Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) 100MB/S.
    99% of the time it has been fine or just something small however....
    Last Friday the 14th I got a text saying our connection was down, It turned out that it was an outage in ship st (I live around the corner)
    The next day I phoned Digiweb and was told that Eircom told them that they were working on it, I strolled down twice and no sign of anyone.
    Digiweb closes Sunday so could't contact them.
    Yesterday I phoned at 9am and was told by support that Eircom told them they would have it fixed by Midnight!!
    This morning the 4th day with no connection I phoned again, it was the same customer support guy and after badgering him he phoned eircom again who simply told him yet again they're working on it! There was no real information there ofc and that is what's really annoying me, Digiweb pay Eircom for their line and are simply to passive in trying to get proper information, my contact guy even said I should phone eircom!!!!
    (I tried but can't get through as I have no contract with them when their automated crap tells me what is my account # or phone #which obviously I don't have and it then cut's me off)

Hi
    To the original OP I'm with Digiweb 4+ years on their 45e package of Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) 100MB/S.
    99% of the time it has been fine or just something small however....
    Last Friday the 14th I got a text saying our connection was down, It turned out that it was an outage in ship st (I live around the corner)
    The next day I phoned Digiweb and was told that Eircom told them that they were working on it, I strolled down twice and no sign of anyone.
    Digiweb closes Sunday so could't contact them.
    Yesterday I phoned at 9am and was told by support that Eircom told them they would have it fixed by Midnight!!
    This morning the 4th day with no connection I phoned again, it was the same customer support guy and after badgering him he phoned eircom again who simply told him yet again they're working on it! There was no real information there ofc and that is what's really annoying me, Digiweb pay Eircom for their line and are simply to passive in trying to get proper information, my contact guy even said I should phone eircom!!!!
    (I tried but can't get through as I have no contract with them when their automated crap tells me what is my account # or phone #which obviously I don't have and it then cut's me off)

Really sorry for the inconvienience here, we had been pushing OpenEir hard to get issues resolved which i believe it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭robbe

Hi,

Considering switching from Virgin Media (have white Virgin Media Hub which has constant red light and daily wifi issues) but am concerned about the fair usage policy. This is my last few bill period's usage and based on this I'd be killed by the fair usage charges in previous pages. While I am working from home (there are another 5 people in the house too) I can't see this changing much, has anyone been charged by Digiweb for excess usage? Lots of teenage gamers in the house which doesn't help.....am I mad to consider moving?

Billing period Download Upload Total
    21 Jul - 20 Aug 2,177.79 GB 81.02 GB 2,258.81 GB
    21 Jun - 20 Jul 1,856.19 GB 84.16 GB 1,940.34 GB
    21 May - 20 Jun 2,345.97 GB 82.49 GB 2,428.45 GB

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

I'm also interested to know what Digiweb plans to do with it's fair usage policy now that Eir has removed it. Having a 1TB limit on a 500MB-1GB connection seems overly restrictive nowadays, between 4K Netflix, game streamers, remote working with large VMs, docker images, 1TB is not a lot of data for a month

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

TheSegal wrote: »
    I'm also interested to know what Digiweb plans to do with it's fair usage policy now that Eir has removed it. Having a 1TB limit on a 500MB-1GB connection seems overly restrictive nowadays, between 4K Netflix, game streamers, remote working with large VMs, docker images, 1TB is not a lot of data for a month

Digiweb's 1TB limit has remained unchanged since 2016. Back in 2017 when I first got FTTH their limit was the same as everyone elses but most ISP's have either removed the cap (Eir, Airwire) or increased it (Sky). In 2020 a cap of 1tb is an absolute deal breaker for me and many others who make an easy decision to go with either Eir or Airwire instead.

When the next generation consoles are released in November, this cap is going to get eaten up even faster as many pc/ps5 and xbox series X games will be 100 to 200gigs per game from then due to 4k textures and an increase in most assets powering these games. Patch updates to software, operating systems are also increasing in size every year.

Hi, we are currently reviewing our FUP however as an immediate step our qouted FUP allowance will increase to 2 TB. It is important to note that this isn't a hard cap. Before notifying customers of excessive usage we take a number of factors into consideration including network utilisation, customers average monthly usage etc. We always communicate with customers re FUP before taking any action

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

Yes 7530 standard at moment

Hi there - that's interesting.

I am a completely new customer and I just signed up for the Superfast Broadband Unlimited plus Free Anytime Calls package. FTTC.

The modem that arrived was a fritz-box 7430. It is good condition (just a few marks) - but it definitely looks as if it has been used before.

Not a showstopper ........ but I was a little disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

1dave123 wrote: »
    Hi there - that's interesting.

I am a completely new customer and I just signed up for the Superfast Broadband Unlimited plus Free Anytime Calls package. FTTC.

The modem that arrived was a fritz-box 7430. It is good condition (just a few marks) - but it definitely looks as if it has been used before.

Not a showstopper ........ but I was a little disappointed.

Same as that...looks like I got a damaged cable as well

Advertisement