Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Can these people not be deported if they offend here?
    It should also be a condition of entry into the country.
    Commit crime and you will be sent back home.

It is a condition for immigrants not sure about refugees

its just never enforced for fear of causing offence and because of massive litigation costs and near endless appeals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

How? They are born and bred here.

We need to start acknowledging these kids as fellow countrymen to fully realise the damage done by our very own.... seeds are being sown and they will continue to disperse across the land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Looks like the next generation have decided to forgo the gangland business in favour of the compo business :D:D:D

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/five-friends-settle-defamation-case-after-restaurant-accused-them-of-not-paying-for-meal-38133878.html

These gangsters now Christian have names like Corrie and Ashford? My word. To the the Worst Names Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/knives-scalpel-hammer-among-weapons-16306999
    Knives, scalpel and hammer among weapons seized by gardai from teens in North Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Don’t expect any of the mainstream political parties to ever contemplate such a move.

There are smaller parties who might legislate for it.

Vote wisely ppl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Utter scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Again I ask, how is he different to any other scumbag youth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

They are seriously messed up people

They seem to reject Irish culture, their background culture (I mean west African, Central African, Middle East, Asian, whatever) and instead cling like barnacles to some British commuter town gang rubbish.

They are a laughable embarrassment to themselves - no wonder they are looked down upon everywhere they go

Is it cause we're black..

They're Irish innit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

whats the problem?

they were accused of not paying when they did pay

• Advertisement

Don’t expect any of the mainstream political parties to ever contemplate such a move.

There are smaller parties who might legislate for it.

Vote wisely ppl

What are you talking about? It's already legislated for. A person here on a visa can be denied a renewal or an application for citizenship if they have a criminal record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

MrFresh wrote: »
    What are you talking about? It's already legislated for. A person here on a visa can be denied a renewal or an application for citizenship if they have a criminal record.

Just because they can doesnt mean they will

No interest in debating you mrfresh. I know yer type-off with ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That's the kind of talk that will end you up in Zappones Ministry of Reprogramming

declan2693 wrote: »
    Just because they can doesnt mean they will

Except they do.

No interest in debating you mrfresh. I know yer type-off with ye

Yes, I imagine it's tough to debate someone who can point out you are factually incorrect. Really must cramp your style when you can't freely spread falsehoods.

Except they do.

Yes, I imagine it's tough to debate someone who can point out you are factually incorrect. Really must cramp your style when you can't freely spread falsehoods.

What falsehoods?

What falsehoods?

This one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Obviously you can't be deported if you born in Ireland. But Ireland has been deporting lots of people for years..many who committed no crime. This story from a decade ago https://www.indymedia.ie/article/92126?userlanguage=ga&save_prefs=true

This one.

Show me how that is a falsehood

Show me how that is a falsehood

The legislation you were speaking of is already in place and was introduced by a mainstream party.

• Advertisement

What falsehoods?

Don't, He'll grind you down with his version of reality, just don't, you'll only end up smashing your head against a wall..

The legislation you were speaking of is already in place and was introduced by a mainstream party.

Deporting young men who have spent most of their lives here and may have residence or even citizenship?

Show me that legislation please?

Or else stop talking absolute scutter

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

The sad thing is that I just continue to hold out on some misguided hope that this will all just be sorted out by people 'in charge'.

Yet the sentiment just isn't there. Even in the media, they barely report on it. The general society just doesn't care either.

I feel horrible for the people who have to live in **** areas like Clonee, Tyrellstown, etc.

Even Swords is becoming a bit of a ****hole / dangerous. It was a bit **** in the past but it's getting worse.

I'm a bit fearful for the future here in Dublin. I'm not one to scare easy or scaremonger, but I am not seeing any positives when I look at the youth of the country. These gangs seem fearless, and seem to have zero regard at all for others. These crimes are escalating every time they happen, soon there'll be regular murders and stabbings and we'll go onto accept it as normal. Areas in London didn't magically become like they are now, they got there through lack of sentiment to resolve it early.

I'm scared for my parents. They're getting on now. They live in North Co. Dublin and it terrifies me that their area might end up being riddled with this type of crime too.

Deporting young men who have spent most of their lives here and may have residence or even citizenship?

Show me that legislation please?

Or else stop talking absolute scutter

Minister has the power to deport non nationals

Immigration Act 1999 Section 3

The power to revoke citizenship has been a power available since the 1956 Act

We even had a referendum to give the government power to deport children born to immigrants in the state.

Last year the government attempted to deport a child to China despite him having no personal connection to the place.

Any other laws you need?

Minister has the power to deport non nationals

Immigration Act 1999 Section 3

The power to revoke citizenship has been a power available since the 1956 Act

We even had a referendum to give the government power to deport children born to immigrants in the state.

Last year the government attempted to deport a child to China despite him having no personal connection to the place.

Any other laws you need?

So all these guys will be stripped off their citizenship and sent packing back to wherever yeah?

Yeah right. Stop deluding yerself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Utter scumbags.

Why exactly none of them kids have a conviction between them.

So all these guys will be stripped off their citizenship and sent packing back to wherever yeah?

Yeah right. Stop deluding yerself.

What you're doing now is the logical fallacies of moving the goalposts, strawman argument and reductio ad absurdum. Having realised you were wrong about the legislation and will of government, rather than accept you were wrong, you have instead moved the argument to the extreme claim that all "these guys" will be deported, a claim nobody made. The fact remains that the legislation is there and the government uses it when necessary, as evidenced by the number of asylum refusal, deportation orders and refusals of visas. Maybe if you could narrow down who "these guys" are I could help you understand further.

Address the original point please mrfresh

Ps. Read it slowly and carefully before typing your response.

• Advertisement

Address the original point please mrfresh

Ps. Read it slowly and carefully before typing your response.

I did. Non-nationals and citizens can be deported. It is a condition of entry. The minister has the discretion to deport them and has deported many people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement