Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Totally disagree. Byrne doesn't allow guests to rattle of the prepared spiel.

Ah here, she left Norma Foley run rings around her.

She must’ve said “if I could just finish my point” about 6 or 7 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

ypres5 wrote: »
    is that a dig at her being a lesbian?

Don't you know it. Something something sjw offended spiel to follow whilst they lose their head about it. If they just had the balls to come out and say it instead of saying it in code like a little itch there wouldn't be any confusion at least.

In their minds its impossible anyone like her can get the job through merit, it most definitely is just a box ticking exercise etc. If you're a thick grunt,you're a thick grunt. I wouldn't worry about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

fluke wrote: »
    Quite often Dave Grohl - pontificates as the nice guy Godfather of Rock, yet he makes safe rock music for people who don't like rock music. I'll give him this - his safe rock manages to be irritatingly obnoxious.

I think I explained why I can't stand him - but anyway.

I was a massive Foo Fighters can back in the day

Their current stuff just does not do it for me.

To be fair, I've not given it much of a chsnce.

I like my music with some oomph!!! E.g Monkey Wrench.

Kinda a bit indifferent to him now.

I did see them back in 20+ years ago in The Olympia ..... one of the best gigs I've ever been to.....defo to 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Mary Berry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

ypres5 wrote: »
    is that a dig at her being a lesbian?

Yes, so what, are Lesbian the new sacred cows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Recliner

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Mary Berry.

Nooooo.
    I cannot accept this. I love her. She's like a little bundle of loveliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

She's female and she's gay......................Thought that was obvious, or are you blind with the general commentary on here/elsewhere about how RTE has become all things SJW Central

But go ahead and miscontrue what the chap was posting and be offended and i'll add their post was most likely in jest

I just don't see how rte hiring a lesbian makes them sjw central what's wrong with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭John arse

Mary Berry.
    no no not mary! maybe that paul Hollywood,he's a real master baker?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Recliner wrote: »
    Nooooo.
    I cannot accept this. I love her. She's like a little bundle of loveliness.
    John arse wrote: »
    no no not mary! maybe that paul Hollywood,he's a real master baker?

I know it's inexplicable.

I am a Bambi killer in real life.

I know it's inexplicable.

I am a Bambi killer in real life.

We can never be friends...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

spookwoman wrote: »
    Siobhán McSweeney from The Great Pottery Thrown Down. Seems to try and take the limelight all the time.

I agree. She tries way too hard.
    Your man Keith is gas the way he gets so emotional and it seems genuine.

fluke wrote: »
    Quite often Dave Grohl - pontificates as the nice guy Godfather of Rock, yet he makes safe rock music for people who don't like rock music. I'll give him this - his safe rock manages to be irritatingly obnoxious.

I think I explained why I can't stand him - but anyway.

You'll be deeelighted to hear he will be joining Tubs on the LLS tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

micar wrote: »
    I was a massive Foo Fighters can back in the day

Their current stuff just does not do it for me.

To be fair, I've not given it much of a chsnce.

I like my music with some oomph!!! E.g Monkey Wrench.

Kinda a bit indifferent to him now.

I did see them back in 20+ years ago in The Olympia ..... one of the best gigs I've ever been to.....defo to 3.

I'd say with Dave, he's sort of seen the industry chew up, and spit out, too many good people (not least of which, his friend Kurt Kobain).

So maybe some of that weighs on him. Might be a little sour to the industry nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭Treppen

Happy pear/pair whatever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Treppen wrote: »
    Happy pear/pair whatever

“Hummus Jedward”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

All the lads in that " Seatbelt " ad. Annoys the hell out of me for some reason.

All the lads in that " Seatbelt " ad. Annoys the hell out of me for some reason.

The guy behind the driver's wheel looks like Cian Twomey.

Recliner wrote: »
    You'll be deeelighted to hear he will be joining Tubs on the LLS tonight.

That is going to be quite the contrast. Talk about polar opposites.

Grohl the worldly guy who's lived 10 lifetimes worth of experiences, versus Tubs the guy who probably wears JFK pyjamas.

That is going to be quite the contrast. Talk about polar opposites.

Grohl the worldly guy who's lived 10 lifetimes worth of experiences, versus Tubs the guy who probably wears JFK pyjamas.

Tubridy's sworn to be more 'upbeat' for the LLS, after the misery fest of last friday which can be surmised as-

5 lovely people-but they're all dead from Covid, followed by a singer singing a song that makes you wish you were dead, because it's so bad and so miserable.

Followed by:-
    Dublin footballer-who wanted to die... (he suffered from depression, it wasn't because of the singer)'

Followed by 5 brave people who were talking about...death.

Coupled with Tommy Gorman talking about his cancer diagnosis.

And Vicky Phelan, giving an update on her cancer, and a letter from her son in the event that she dies (which, sadly, she will-the experimental treatment is only to prolong her life, nothing else).

But unfortunately, you just KNOW Ryan won't talk about the music (he hasn't listened to anything past Sinatra), and will go straight into 'So Kurt Kobain tragically killed himself'.

Also, he'll be talking to a woman who (like Vicky Phelan) found her cervical check went undiagnosed, and she's now terminally ill.

More misery then, guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Treppen wrote: »
    Happy pear/pair whatever
    This is one for me too....Had the misfortune of eating in their place in Greystones. Made me hate them even more!

• Advertisement

This is one for me too....Had the misfortune of eating in their place in Greystones. Made me hate them even more!

Their stuff is often sold in supermarkets... and it looks like dirt and sand.

How do people find it edible?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Their stuff is often sold in supermarkets... and it looks like dirt and sand.

How do people find it edible?

it's nice i think

But unfortunately, you just KNOW Ryan won't talk about the music (he hasn't listened to anything past Sinatra), and will go straight into 'So Kurt Kobain tragically killed himself'.

More misery then, guaranteed.

And the Irish connection. Dave Grohl's parents once nearly moved to Norn Iron. Pretty sure that will get a mention.

I actually can't wait to watch through my fingers. The contrast will be amazing. I'll bet Grohl will run rings around him.

He's a smug faced c*nt

I laughed out loud because I thought at first that you were talking about Colm Murray the innocuous RTE reporter. But yes Colin Murray is such a gobsh*te. I used to listen to TalkSport when I lived in the UK and it was horrible listening to his bantz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭John arse

you know colm Murray died in 2013?,seemed to be a lovely fellah-very sad .

I laughed out loud because I thought at first that you were talking about Colm Murray the innocuous RTE reporter. But yes Colin Murray is such a gobsh*te. I used to listen to TalkSport when I lived in the UK and it was horrible listening to his bantz.

Talksport itsself was and is pretty painful.

Talkradio/ Talpsort are a shadow of what they used to be.

Talksport itsself was and is pretty painful.

Talkradio/ Talpsort are a shadow of what they used to be.

That's true actually. I wonder about the sanity of people who ring in on a Tuesday morning to talk about their team's manager or referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭cms88

That must be the most pointless ad ever. Do people actually have to be reminded to up on a seat belt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

cms88 wrote: »
    Do people actually have to be reminded to up on a seat belt?
    People NEED to be reminded to use the indicator :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

Every girl who takes part in the Late Late Toy Show book section. ****ing smart arses **** off

Advertisement