Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

smilerf wrote: »
    Colin Murray
    He's a dickhead

He's a smug faced c*nt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Vogue williams

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

JJayoo wrote: »
    Vogue williams

She's mentioned almost daily, starting to think its herself doing it to get attention

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭cms88

She's mentioned almost daily, starting to think its herself doing it to get attention

At this stage it would be easier to start asking who actually likes her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Cerveza wrote: »
    Lucy is alright, she took more rod in her day than dynorod

I wonder how you'd react if someone publicly said the same about your mother/sister/partner :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

dubstarr wrote: »
    Gary Barlow,i dont know why i have really taken a turn against him.

Me too. I was indifferent to him until recently my sister started sending me these 'crooner sessions' with Gary and other equally annoying knobheads like James Corden doing duets.
    I hate that kind of schmoozy music but she just keeps sending them, especially if she's had a few tipples. Last night she sent on about 4 in a row...oh you'll definitely like this one! Aarghh

Mark Owen and Robbie Williams are also very irritating. In fact I'm gonna go with Take That!

cms88 wrote: »
    At this stage it would be easier to start asking who actually likes her!

I do!
    Not very interested in her 'famous' life or whatever, but as a person, she is very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

ofcork wrote: »
    His mother had a drink problem as well so its in the genes unfortunately.

Had a bit of an odd upbringing also,went to live with some wealthy farmer while he was quite young

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Dermot and Dave on today fm. I cannot fathom how people think they’re funny and pay good money to see their live shows.

Utterly forced and contrived ‘banter’, laughing uproariously at each other’s ‘jokes’, the god awful abomination that is Nonie.... they’re just dreadful. I no longer share an office but when I did my colleague used have them on and they were awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,934 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have a female family member who is mentioned on this thread quite a lot. Pretty horrific stuff about her appearance, her personality, her ability to do her job. She's an absolutely beautiful person/personality in real life, which I'd imagine is in direct contrast to most of the regular posters around here: angry, bored, ineffectual men with nothing going for them in life only being a bedsit critic. Probably a lot of mental health and addiction issues going on as well.

I've never asked her if she reads about herself on the internet, but I can't imagine she pays too much heed to what some of Ireland's most pathetic losers have to say about her.

In a democracy, people have the right to express an opinion. If your chosen career, I repeat ‘chosen‘ career is to work in the public eye and in the media ... be it as a singer, presenter, journalist, actor, TV / media personality etc... you will be aware that you for all the positives and success that might bring, you also can and will be subject to differing views about you, your work and indeed you personally...some fair, some not,...sometimes accurate, sometimes not.

No different in essence to boards...people express views and opinions... some people agree with a poster / post for example , some think they are and what they post is BS... if that is expressed within the ‘rules’... it’s fair.. it ain’t North Korea...might not be nice to read but hey..

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    In a democracy, people have the right to express an opinion. If your chosen career, I repeat ‘chosen‘ career is to work in the public eye and in the media ... be it as a singer, presenter, journalist, actor, TV / media personality etc... you will be aware that you for all the positives and success that might bring, you also can and will be subject to differing views about you, your work and indeed you personally...some fair, some not,...sometimes accurate, sometimes not.

No different in essence to boards...people express views and opinions... some people agree with a poster / post for example , some think they are and what they post is BS... if that is expressed within the ‘rules’... it’s fair.. it ain’t North Korea...might not be nice to read but hey..

That might be so, but comments like 'Lucy is alright, she took more rod in her day than dynorod' are just wrong. Imagine her parents, siblings and friends reading that! It's disgusting and while it might be acceptable to some, I think it's disgusting and I also have a right to post my objections.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,934 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Trekker09 wrote: »
    That might be so, but comments like 'Lucy is alright, she took more rod in her day than dynorod' are just wrong. Imagine her parents, siblings and friends reading that! It's disgusting and while it might be acceptable to some, I think it's disgusting and I also have a right to post my objections.

I agree, but it is more reflective in a negative sense of the person saying it then whomever it’s aimed at.

Ya, great one. I'm actually very close to this lady, as we spent most of our summers together as children. I've never asked her if she actually reads some of the abuse she gets from hate-filled oddballs on sites like this and Twitter, but I can't imagine she actually cares about their absolutely worthless opinions. No one does really. And deep down they know that.

Apart from you. Seeing as you took the time to comment on here about it

Gonna go out on a limb here but...
    sounds like you might have unresolved issues with men.

I have a problem with anyone that feels it's OK to attack a person with innuendo and hearsay. I'm male, married, with sisters and a daughter and would be shocked and effing furious for some gob****es trying to get a cheap 'like' by posting lies about their personal lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

yet on this very thread we have men who feel they are perfectly entitled to talk about her face, her teeth, her voice, her mannerisms etc.

The height of that horse you galloped in on must be dizzying.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve no issue with this person but why is it that Anne Hathaway seems so disliked ? The few interviews I’ve seen of her she seems a nice enough but she was not well liked it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Read the last page and slowly and quietly backs out of the thread :p

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Celine Dion. Turns my blood cold.

I have a problem with anyone that feels it's OK to attack a person with innuendo and hearsay. I'm male, married, with sisters and a daughter and would be shocked and effing furious for some gob****es trying to get a cheap 'like' by posting lies about their personal lives.

yet you've no such issues with agreeing with a person calling men all sorts of things here

cms88 wrote: »
    yet you've no such issues with agreeing with a person calling men all sorts of things here

That person, (I don't know their gender or posting history) accurately describes how I feel about anybody, irregardless of gender, that posts disgusting innuendo and lies about people. The person has had 1st hand experience, as have I, of the consequences of it.

In my experience, no gender has the higher ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

That person, (I don't know their gender or posting history) accurately describes how I feel about anybody, irregardless of gender, that posts disgusting innuendo and lies about people. The person has had 1st hand experience, as have I, of the consequences of it.

In my experience, no gender has the higher ground.

If you dont like the tone of this thread **** off and look at some other forum. This forum is for fun and humor

If you dont like the tone of this thread **** off and look at some other forum. This forum is for fun and humor

If you don't like the tone of my posts **** off and look at some other forum.

This is a forum and I can and will post when I disagree with something, just like you have. I personally don't find it funny or humorous to make cheap shots towards people, no matter who they might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ed Sheeran just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Siobhán McSweeney from The Great Pottery Thrown Down. Seems to try and take the limelight all the time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

That person, (I don't know their gender or posting history) accurately describes how I feel about anybody, irregardless of gender, that posts disgusting innuendo and lies about people.

Speculating that someone may have had a good bit of sex is hardly disgusting innuendo, it's not 1920s Ireland.

The appearance-based comments are far worse and more hurtful than that. But they're just the sort of things that people say (both genders) on the internet or otherwise. It's unfortunate but that's the way lots of humans are.

Yeah that’s all grand, more power to you - how about you take issue with those specific posters making said claims then?

Rather than backing up the other poster who comes into a thread specifically for giving out about people you can’t stand (literally the thread title) and throws a fit with a weird misandrist rant. Pretty ironic but I reckon that’s lost on them.

Yeah that’s all grand, more power to you - how about you take issue with those specific posters making said claims then?

Rather than backing up the other poster who comes into a thread specifically for giving out about people you can’t stand (literally the thread title) and throws a fit with a weird misandrist rant. Pretty ironic but I reckon that’s lost on them.

I did take issue with the original poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The Pitch Perfect guy in the insurance ads, were we really that short of homegrown talent?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Can't stand would be too strong but finding them extremely irritating would cover it.

Emma O'Kelly the RTE education correspondent and it's all down to the way she over enunciates her words and she is way too earnest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If you don't like the tone of my posts **** off and look at some other forum.

This is a forum and I can and will post when I disagree with something, just like you have. I personally don't find it funny or humorous to make cheap shots towards people, no matter who they might be.

Mod:

Calm it down both of you and put each other on ignore if you can't post in a civil manner

Advertisement