Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

josephsoap wrote: »
    Wouldn’t like to end up stopped on hill with that load ....and have to take off again ....

I have seen jeeps pull 6 bales of silage on trailer regularly on the roads.

Well over your 3.5 ton limit there

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Just about get 3 on if you stagger them.

+1
    3 is enough if you own the trailer yourself.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

A friend bought this sow a few weeks ago and I brought it for a rip last night. Some bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

What size is that yoke in terms of HP?
    I presume its 50kph with full suspension?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

A friend bought this sow a few weeks ago and I brought it for a rip last night. Some bus.

Big girl

• Advertisement

What size is that yoke in terms of HP?
    I presume its 50kph with full suspension?

She is ya. 270hp

I presume it is for arable work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Not much arable around the burren I think....?

No definately not, I don't think he knows himself what he wants it for to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

Wouldn’t like to end up stopped on hill with that load ....and have to take off again ....

I have seen jeeps pull 6 bales of silage on trailer regularly on the roads.

Pull it no problem,controlling it be a different story...

• Advertisement

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Not much arable around the burren I think....?

Ah, didn't know where they were based.

Maybe he's for ploughing the Burren :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭emaherx

No definately not, I don't think he knows himself what he wants it for to be honest.

PZ haybob and mower?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Hi lads
    Neighbour here has an Ursus tractor and the lift has developed a problem. It lifts no problem but is very slow going down. But won't go down with out a load on it.
    Has any experienced this and how to fix it
    TIA
    D

dzer2 wrote: »
    Hi lads
    Neighbour here has an Ursus tractor and the lift has developed a problem. It lifts no problem but is very slow going down. But won't go down with out a load on it.
    TIA
    D

Is it something deos be left out in open/deos little work??

Possibly seized on cross arm.at the top of lifts,??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭emaherx

dzer2 wrote: »
    Hi lads
    TIA
    D

Is it a copy of an MF?

On many MF's there is a control on the right hand side, to control rate of drop. There may be a little knob on floor of cab, often these are seized or missing but control can still be operated from under the cab reaching in from the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

emaherx wrote: »
    Is it a copy of an MF?

On many MF's there is a control on the right hand side, to control rate of drop. There may be a little knob on floor of cab, often these are seized or missing but control can still be operated from under the cab reaching in from the back.

Spot on there. 399 here has one as described and needs tweaking from time to time. won't lift and or let arms down.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭josephsoap

emaherx wrote: »
    PZ haybob and mower?

Finger bar mower and 4ft link box I’d imagine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

Finger bar mower and 4ft link box I’d imagine :D

Snap some laths in the finger bar mower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Forward/reverse synchro went in the tractor yesterday, was nursing it away with 12 months. Could have done without that bill now :(

Wat type tractor I done a case mxm 120 there before the season started parts costing 3k ml garrahy in offal is the cheapest and he will tell you the truth good or bad a very honest man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Does it have a Waterford reg on it by any chance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

The petrol power washer strains or vibrates sometimes when sucking up the water from a barrel, causing the flow to only come in short bursts, even though the suction inlet is fully submerged. The strainer isn't blocked either. It can take a few goes of dunking to get it working properly again. There doesn't appear to be nay tears on the inlet hose. Any other ideas what may be at fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

MfMan wrote: »
    The petrol power washer strains or vibrates sometimes when sucking up the water from a barrel, causing the flow to only come in short bursts, even though the suction inlet is fully submerged. The strainer isn't blocked either. It can take a few goes of dunking to get it working properly again. There doesn't appear to be nay tears on the inlet hose. Any other ideas what may be at fault?

Surely just air in the inlet line that has to pass through, use a wheelie bin here and just drop hose into it and leave alone. You would have a bit of air in it when setting it up, would always be fine after 30 seconds to a minute.

lab man wrote: »
    Wat type tractor I done a case mxm 120 there before the season started parts costing 3k ml garrahy in offal is the cheapest and he will tell you the truth good or bad a very honest man

Ts115, bought it from garrihys in ennistimon. Said it would cost about 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

What are the typical hourly labour rates in local garages/main dealers? anyone actually know? local mechanic here just states total labour on the bill as does main dealer.

might get a grunt from either of these if you actually asked.

ruwithme wrote: »
    What are the typical hourly labour rates in local garages/main dealers? anyone actually know? local mechanic here just states total labour on the bill as does main dealer.

They used charge 35 to 60 plus vat in my old job

We dont really do repairs in new place (civilz firm),but what is done at 55 plus vat per hour and 70 plus on larger gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tileman

ruwithme wrote: »

40 plus vat around here but think his watch is fast 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Amy one see the clip on watzap of the lad with the 4 bales on the 3 or linkage , well made , want some size of a tractor for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Does anyone know the price of a new zetor forterra 130?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,120 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Is there an Irish or European version of this machine?

https://youtu.be/-MezjhVkzYA

With the macerator and the whole thing. Not a stone subsoiler.

Advertisement