Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭Markcheese

valtra2 wrote: »
    Are they lights on it. He he

Christmas lights?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 24,379 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

wrangler wrote: »
    I've wasted more grass seed on my tine harrow than would reseed a farm......what a waste.
    A neighbour used a Guttler in bad conditions this year and it looks great

Both have thier advantages. Only reason I'm trading the tine harrow in is because I cant afford to hold onto it. Would love to keep it as I find it a great piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭jaymla627

498288.jpg
    In under feeder greasing main shaft and I cop 3 gearbox bolts hand tight and one missing, someone in factory was a bit trigger happy with air gun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭maidhc

jaymla627 wrote: »
    In under feeder greasing main shaft and I cop 3 gearbox bolts hand tight and one missing, someone in factory was a bit trigger happy with air gun

Is there something out of balance?

• Advertisement

maidhc wrote: »
    Is there something out of balance?

Over tightened with air gun in factory I reckon washers are bent downwards on the 3 bolts that where left in it, bolts seem very short for the size of gearbox its holding and pressure that would be on it....
    Gearbox had 4 litres to much oil in it when I got it first day, so a serious space cadet must of been working on it in factory

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭maidhc

Over tightened with air gun in factory I reckon washers are bent downwards on the 3 bolts that where left in it, bolts seem very short for the size of gearbox its holding and pressure that would be on it....
    Gearbox had 4 litres to much oil in it when I got it first day, so a serious space cadet must of been working on it in factory

I don't know. I had the exact same thing happen a topper after the blade went out of balance and the rubber doughnut failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

https://youtu.be/1lRk-x6eHuU

YouTube paying for farmerphils new tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

https://youtu.be/1lRk-x6eHuU

YouTube paying for farmerphils new tractor

What kind of money can be made from you tube ??
    Should a lad get recording??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,227 ✭✭✭tanko

It all depends on how many of your clothes you're willing to take off:rolleyes:
    Watched twenty seconds of that farmer phil clip, couldn't watch any more. Who wants to listen to a lad waffling on about a feckin Mini.

• Advertisement

I'm not really sure but depends if you have adds on your channel Google says you get paid 18e oer thousand views and Google keeps 45% of that, so a little over 9e per 1000 views. Farmer Phil has over 2.5m views on all his videos so he could have earned €22,500 from YouTube

I'm not really sure but depends if you have adds on your channel Google says you get paid 18e oer thousand views and Google keeps 45% of that, so a little over 9e per 1000 views. Farmer Phil has over 2.5m views on all his videos so he could have earned €22,500 from YouTube

That's a ball of money from little investment
    Is farmer phil only at it a year or so

That's a ball of money from little investment
    Is farmer phil only at it a year or so

Ah no a good while longer I think. He's getting better at it with every new video.
    Dunno could I hack a young lad going round with a camera all day if I was his oul lad

Ah no a good while longer I think. He's getting better at it with every new video.

He was cute enough copying the English lad, Tom by getting the two ole chaps involved, you can see as time progresses with his videos how they have started to buy into it, at the start they reckoned he was stone mad I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭davidk1394

He was cute enough copying the English lad, Tom by getting the two ole chaps involved, you can see as time progresses with his videos how they have started to buy into it, at the start they reckoned he was stone mad I'd say

You need the patience for it aswell.

I follow Farmer Phil a bit. His videos are honest. Enjoy listening to his Dad's old stories about tractors he had etc. He's easy listening for me anyway.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

When they saw the 22 grand twas not long changing there mind
    In fairness I would imagine guys will give it everything it would nearly be better than love island !!

I follow Farmer Phil a bit. His videos are honest. Enjoy listening to his Dad's old stories about tractors he had etc. He's easy listening for me anyway.

Not to many contractors running gear that's mostly payed for and kept going mostly in house by themselves, it's a rough and ready set-up but at least they don't have to find 15k a month to keep the hire purchases paid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Odelay

Jesus He’s constantly saying “so now”. Every second sentence starts with it, drives me cracked.
    I think he is paying too much attention to the camera and not concentrating on the job, especially around machinery.

Not to many contractors running gear that's mostly payed for and kept going mostly in house by themselves, it's a rough and ready set-up but at least they don't have to find 15k a month to keep the hire purchases paid

Did you watch the video of the weekend all the gear broke down. I couldnt hack that. I agree you dont need flashy new machines but ye can get fresh stuff that will do just as good without the new price tag.
    We ran old tractors for too many years and I definitely wouldn't go back. Hate breakdowns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Did you watch the video of the weekend all the gear broke down. I couldnt hack that. I agree you dont need flashy new machines but ye can get fresh stuff that will do just as good without the new price tag.
    We ran old tractors for too many years and I definitely wouldn't go back. Hate breakdowns

If your into that game you either spend money on finance or on maintenance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

If your into that game you either spend money on finance or on maintenance.

Yeah but there's no story in new gear.i like him as he.lets.it all out there.and only for him id say id be on my own with handy gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I honestly think the cop would have given him a chance . What a cheekey fecker . Funny though

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Bullocks wrote: »
    I honestly think the cop would have given him a chance . What a cheekey fecker . Funny though

I though he was going to blow him away when he extended the lift :o

Bullocks wrote: »

I think Steve is the one having the last laugh. There's a whole series of these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/marcryan/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=list

I think Steve is the one having the last laugh. There's a whole series of these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/marcryan/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=list

Ahhh the flute

Bought this saw maybe 6/7months ago and went to use it today. The primer bulb is perished.
    Now it would have been sitting idle for 2 months but only ever had aspen in it, think would fuel lines be perished aswell? It runs fine when I get her started but it's a bitch to get going
    Pain in the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Thought this might interest a few on here.
    https://twitter.com/John_Dunne_/status/1211398119570788356?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Thought this might interest a few on here.
    https://twitter.com/John_Dunne_/status/1211398119570788356?s=19

https://arland-pulverisation.fr/fiche,les-rampes,,,362.html

This company makes booms for several sprayer manufacturers. No need for rust treatment. No problem whatsoever with liquid fert. Light and strong. The job!

Advertisement