Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Serious amount of gear down there alright.. Some size of a shed after going up down there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Serious amount of gear down there alright.. Some size of a shed after going up down there

Some stuff to carry over. I bought a torch wrench up there, teng tools one for 120 inc vat, goes from 70 upto 350nm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭jaymla627

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Some stuff to carry over. I bought a torch wrench up there, teng tools one for 120 inc vat, goes from 70 upto 350nm

It's a strange set-up, alot of secondhand stuff like harvesters and jcb loading shovels is their years and instead of dropping price our selling to trade to get rid of they just keep stockpiling it, the prices for pretty rough 414s and 416s they want is comical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

jaymla627 wrote:
    It's a strange set-up, alot of secondhand stuff like harvesters and jcb loading shovels is their years and instead of dropping price our selling to trade to get rid of they just keep stockpiling it, the prices for pretty rough 414s and 416s they want is comical

They always were an expensive shop to call to.. I had to be picked off the floor when I see the price on the window of the limited selection of 100hp secondhand tractors

• Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I didn't realise that you could get slurry tankers that were capable of pumping to umbilical spreader,
    Tenant here used them last week, a great option, in fact the only option this year.
    Other tenant used an umbilical last week too with a fleet of tankers that connected to the pump at the field gate.
    He was drawing 12 mls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,074 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

wrangler wrote: »
    I didn't realise that you could get slurry tankers that were capable of pumping to umbilical spreader,
    Tenant here used them last week, a great option, in fact the only option this year.
    Other tenant used an umbilical last week too with a fleet of tankers that connected to the pump at the field gate.
    He was drawing 12 mls

Yep and the arm goes down and there's no leaving the tractor.
    There's a contractor down this area has the tankers as well as the straightforward umbilical. They'd need them for places where the pipe won't go from the tank.
    Costly job.

Yep and the arm goes down and there's no leaving the tractor.
    There's a contractor down this area has the tankers as well as the straightforward umbilical. They'd need them for places where the pipe won't go from the tank.
    Costly job.

Yea likewise, the first contractors came with the pump then went back for the tankers, left no tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Base price

He was drawing 12 mls
    I passed by a yard in Tara, Co. Meath earlier last year and there was 8 or 10 artic tankers lined up by the road and into a yard. I had to slow down due to the artic's parking on the hard shoulder. It looked to me like they were emptying the slurry into a large grey rubber bladder thingie which was then pumped to an umbilical spreader.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Base price wrote: »
    I passed by a yard in Tara, Co. Meath earlier last year and there was 8 or 10 artic tankers lined up by the road and into a yard. I had to slow down due to the artic's parking on the hard shoulder. It looked to me like they were emptying the slurry into a large grey rubber bladder thingie which was then pumped to an umbilical spreader.

Some contractors have a special trailer that parks at the field and tanks draw to it and it feeds the umbilical spreader , it’s like a silage trailer with out the back door

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

He was drawing 12 mls
    All you need is a garda pump on the tanker

• Advertisement

Some contractors have a special trailer that parks at the field and tanks draw to it and it feeds the umbilical spreader , it’s like a silage trailer with out the back door

Yeah that's called a slurry nurse trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

how much is it costing to have a few tankers carting slurry to a field and then have an umbilical system spreading it - surely the economics of that make no sense

Panch18 wrote: »
    how much is it costing to have a few tankers carting slurry to a field and then have an umbilical system spreading it - surely the economics of that make no sense

I'd say you'd be hitting 300 euro a hour with three tankers drawing and a umbilical in the field with another tractor agitating, once you start hauling slurry more then a 5 mile round trip it gets very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Whos buying all the machinery in dealer yards. even this early in the year.?passed local massey dealers today and the place packed with all things farm machinery.
    is gear being wore out that fast nowadays.
    i know we are blessed in our greater area with lads with silage outfits and most other machines for farm work.
    more over maybe is where is the moolah coming from to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

jaymla627 wrote: »
    I'd say you'd be hitting 300 euro a hour with three tankers drawing and a umbilical in the field with another tractor agitating, once you start hauling slurry more then a 5 mile round trip it gets very expensive

Artics are the only way to move anything bulk over 5 miles imo, be it silage/grain/slurry etc but then that bring other issues with yard access and handling at each end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

There great cows all they pay for !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

ruwithme wrote: »
    Whos buying all the machinery in dealer yards. even this early in the year.?passed local massey dealers today and the place packed with all things farm machinery.
    i know we are blessed in our greater area with lads with silage outfits and most other machines for farm work.

Big hairy balls of finance.

ruwithme wrote: »

Alot of fresh secondhand stuff, sitting around dealer yards with no one for it, fusion balers been a good example, dealers are after dropping prices on them too to low 30's for well used fusion 3's but still not shifting them, the cost of fixing machinery nowadays means most lads are opting to pay finance instead

There great cows all they pay for !

Would be a bit of creative accounting too, on paper their could be over 10 million of assets in the yard, if their was a dispersal sale in the morning with no reserve, if even half that was gathered up it would be good going

Alot of fresh secondhand stuff, sitting around dealer yards with no one for it, fusion balers been a good example, dealers are after dropping prices on them too to low 30's for well used fusion 3's but still not shifting them, the cost of fixing machinery nowadays means most lads are opting to pay finance instead

Repayments are cheaper than repairs

• Advertisement

Artics are the only way to move anything bulk over 5 miles imo, be it silage/grain/slurry etc but then that bring other issues with yard access and handling at each end.

I used to draw grain from that land 20 years ago with artics, unfortunately there's a ghetto of ten houses built at the end of the road now and there's no peace doing anything there now, I used to fill the artic trailers on the road

Theres a rough 110-90 up there for 17k + VAT. That big Claas on tracks is a fair beast of a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

A few cable ties, be grand:D

Only a day for it

Only a day for it

Thought you were giving up that life of crime

Reggie. wrote: »
    Thought you were giving up that life of crime

I had plans to give it up but I bought that machine new last year and busy enough with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Attie Ross

I had plans to give it up but I bought that machine new last year and busy enough with it

At least you are feeding her well,
    Looks heavy stuff.

Advertisement