Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GoMo FAQs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

How long does it take to port to Gomo?
    Initiated my port from Vodafone Wednesday at 2pm, still nothing. Contacted them today and said come back to them if nothing by 21st, which will be 5 days. Not off to a great start.

Have ported a few times over the years and I don't think I ever waited more than an hour or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

madmoe wrote: »
    How does one get that deal...curious ;-)

Big thread in bargain alerts here : https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058109572/62/#post114657484

You can also use a referral link from this thread and get a free months membership after you buy your first.
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057998585/1/#post114638656

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone having issues accessing voice mail today?

It just disconnects after a while instead of going through.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes. I couldn't hear the prompts at all on Friday, I just pressed # a couple of times and eventually I was able to hear the recording that said "This is not a valid option" and then the prompts were listed again. This was through 171, though, not through 085 5 xxxxxxx.

Has anyone tried to port in a second number to replace their own one they had already ported in? It looks to be possible via the website but just curious if anyone has done this.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to port in a second number to replace their own one they had already ported in? It looks to be possible via the website but just curious if anyone has done this.

To answer my own question, I confirmed with Gomo, you can port in a 2nd number to replace your already ported in number. Might be useful to somebody.

Gomo probably has the worst customer service I have ever come across and that's saying something.

Joined recently, my number is porting from VF since last Wednesday.

Got onto their terrible chat service several times. Was told it could take another week. I said I wanted to cancel and they disconnected the chat, this happened 3 times and only once I said I wanted to cancel, very convenient. Can't cancel port as they say I will lose my VF number which I've had for about 15 years.

Awful manner on chat, spelling mistakes, no grammar, so unprofessional.

As soon as my port completes (if ever) I'm leaving.

If this is the hassle you get trying to join imagine what it'd be like later if you have a problem.

Absolutely atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Gomo probably has the worst customer service I have ever come across and that's saying something.

Joined recently, my number is porting from VF since last Wednesday.

Got onto their terrible chat service several times. Was told it could take another week. I said I wanted to cancel and they disconnected the chat, this happened 3 times and only once I said I wanted to cancel, very convenient. Can't cancel port as they say I will lose my VF number which I've had for about 15 years.

Awful manner on chat, spelling mistakes, no grammar, so unprofessional.

As soon as my port completes (if ever) I'm leaving.

If this is the hassle you get trying to join imagine what it'd be like later if you have a problem.

Absolutely atrocious.
    Their chat service is.horrendous, same with me, they disconnected the chat, they are beyond useless but I contacted them through Facebook messenger and had a much more pleasant experience. So maybe try that option.

august12 wrote: »
    Their chat service is.horrendous, same with me, they disconnected the chat, they are beyond useless but I contacted them through Facebook messenger and had a much more pleasant experience. So maybe try that option.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Oh horrendous doesn't even cover it, it's like chatting with a moody teenager!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

It's probably already been asked, but if my phone is locked to eir, will it still accept a GoMo sim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭ltd440

It's probably already been asked, but if my phone is locked to eir, will it still accept a GoMo sim?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭antocann

Would anyone know how long it takes to recieve sims once order says completed ?
    Account says completed 3 days ago and numbers from sims etc online but no sign of any sim cards in the post .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

antocann wrote: »
    Would anyone know how long it takes to recieve sims once order says completed ?
    Account says completed 3 days ago and numbers from sims etc online but no sign of any sim cards in the post .

Ordered two sims seperately and I think it was 3-4 days each time. Not fast, not slow. That was at at time when they were hitting the promotions hard so I don't see why you'd have an issue unless of a cock up.

Jim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

I was impressed by the GoMo speeds in Ballincollig in Co Cork on Sunday, too bad I've never seen anything like this sort of speed in Cork city.

527669.jpg

48 in the same spot was a bit slower but again faster than anything I've seen in the city.

527670.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Changed to 48

I can take phone calls and get data again !

4G none of the umts shíte GoMo were restricting me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

The data allowance runs by calendar month, is that correct? So should be getting the bill in the next few days?

christy c wrote: »
    The data allowance runs by calendar month, is that correct? So should be getting the bill in the next few days?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Is the gomo 4g speed the same as meteor/eir? Or do they cap something for gomo?

I have Virgin and i recently moved to Dublin 8 and their 4g speed is much slower than my previous D1 location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭99nsr125

I have Virgin and i recently moved to Dublin 8 and their 4g speed is much slower than my previous D1 location.

It's because they are shıte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭KildareP

They don't cap or throttle compared to Eir, no (have tested with an Eir and GoMo SIM side by side).
    Data speed on GoMo is same as you would get on Eir.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My wifes 9.99 for life offer changed to 12.99 this month without notification. Anyone else had theirs changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bugsyb4

My wifes 9.99 for life offer changed to 12.99 this month without notification. Anyone else had theirs changed?

Nope that's surely a mistake. Would be getting on to them about that!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Unless she had charges outside the main offer?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Did ye look at her bill and see what other charges there are in place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭BowWow

Mine was 9.99 as usual. How long has she had the 9.99 deal?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

BowWow wrote: »
    Mine was 9.99 as usual. How long has she had the 9.99 deal?

I’d be surprised if she was changed to be honest, it’s more than likely outside of bundle charges like uk numbers or mms messages.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

New Home wrote: »
    Unless she had charges outside the main offer?

No outside charges. The bill we got is standard but marked 12.99 now. She was on 9.99 for over a year now. Will give them a ring

No outside charges. The bill we got is standard but marked 12.99 now. She was on 9.99 for over a year now. Will give them a ring

Good luck with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Gomo launched on 15 October last year so there might be a glitch in their system that reverts to "full" price when the first year ends...similar to a lot of other Eir offers.

That's just a guess...if it happens to others who have been with them from the start then that's a possible explanation. Otherwise it's just characteristic of Eir/Gomo having an unreliable billing system...take your pick which it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

The phones people get at work are Samsung S20's with 5G now so I borrowed one from a colleague & put my GoMo SIM into it to see if it would get whiff of 5G. Sadly nothing showed up close to Cork city centre where Eir's coverage maps shows full coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I am getting the 5G symbol showing on mine in parts of Clondalkin and in Dublin City Centre, around Jervis specifically.

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    I am getting the 5G symbol showing on mine in parts of Clondalkin and in Dublin City Centre, around Jervis specifically.

Cheers,
    M

Are you getting 5g speeds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Are you getting 5g speeds?

I am pretty sure I was. I will re-run them the next time in Speedtest and post them here.

Cheers,
    Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I keep getting charged for premium texts/ SMS ( NOT MMS) 15c each eventhough premium is barred by me. Obviously I dont text premium numbers. It's happened several times.

I Contacted customer service via facebook they refunded me.

Also on several trips to UK (London) I could only receive calls and data roaming. It was not possible to make calls roaming. GO MO said the settings ( their settings NOT my phone settings) were at issue and now rectified.

Anybody have similar problems.

Apart from this very happy with GO MO.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I keep getting charged for premium texts/ SMS ( NOT MMS) 15c each eventhough premium is barred by me. Obviously I dont text premium numbers. It's happened several times.

I Contacted customer service via facebook they refunded me.

Also on several trips to UK (London) I could only receive calls and data roaming. It was not possible to make calls roaming. GO MO said the settings ( their settings NOT my phone settings) were at issue and now rectified.

Anybody have similar problems.

Apart from this very happy with GO MO.
    The premium text bar doesn't bar 50xxx and 51xxx short-codes, those that are free to text and those that are charged at your operator's standard out-of-bundle rate (15c in most cases).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Is there still a two-sim limit per account? I want to add a sim for my son, which would be a third?

Also, have they stopped replying to customer care emails?

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Is there still a two-sim limit per account? I want to add a sim for my son, which would be a third?

Also, have they stopped replying to customer care emails?

The limit is 4 or 5 now.

Quackster wrote: »
    The premium text bar doesn't bar 50xxx and 51xxx short-codes, those that are free to text and those that are charged at your operator's standard out-of-bundle rate (15c in most cases).

I never rang or texted any of those numbers you mention. Only Irish mobiles. Still charged as premium calls by go mo.

I never rang or texted any of those numbers you mention. Only Irish mobiles. Still charged as premium calls by go mo.

Are you receiving unsolicited texts from any short codes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

What's the detail for the charge on the bill?

Check SMS service centre number, it might be incorrect, can someone post the correct one to verify? There's a charge of 15.25c if it's incorrect.

• Advertisement

Are you receiving unsolicited texts from any short codes?
    Sounds like reminder texts for some service like Ryanair, parking companies etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Yyhhuuu wrote:

Have you checked the itemised bill for out of bundle charges?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Have you checked the itemised bill for out of bundle charges?

Go mo refunded me. They were ordinary text messages to irish landline (sms NOT MMS) so included in 9.99 deal but for some reason classed as premium.

Go mo refunded me. They were ordinary text messages to irish landline (sms NOT MMS) so included in 9.99 deal but for some reason classed as premium.
    In my experience, SMS to landlines is generally excluded from bundles and no doubt GoMo has done likewise. However, it doesn't appear to be explicitly spelled out anywhere on their website so it's fair to expect them to refund in this case.

I see the data fair-usage is now 120GB according to their published T&Cs.

Wow I didn't know that still existed.

Yeah, I didn't think any landline provider still supported it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Quackster wrote: »
    I see the data fair-usage is now 120GB according to their published T&Cs.

Always nice to see unlimited becoming more unlimited:D

Wish they would do another 9.99 promo for a month as I'd have a few to sign up. I guess three's 7.99 deal kills the headline somewhat.

Jim

48 also has a 7.99 deal with 100gb data and the same deal as GoMo for calls and texts.

Sorry I meant sms texts to Irish mobiles rather than landlines

• Advertisement

Advertisement