Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Re: roaming. I live part time in France. It has worked most of the time. I have 2 sims, the GoMo is selected for txts, works but sometimes times out and needs re-send.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

I also have this feature on my account to barr different numbers but all that happens when I go into te option it errors out and says conatc support . Maybe will take time to work correctly. At least if it works it will limit the additional charges taht you could get caught for without knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

Was in Krackow for a few days with family and no issues for a few days. One phone stopped working on new years eve with "no service" fault. Swapped out simm to another working phone and same issue carried across. Eventually got thru to Chat who are sending a replacement simm. Hopefuly this is the issue. Up to now have had no probelms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Can one switch to Go Mo today? Or as its a Bank Holiday will the switch not be completed until tomorrow?
    Thanks,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Doodie123

Quick Question regarding billing

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile-pt12.2-3.pdf

I'm in the cross border area and frequently cross over to the North, receiving calls and making the very occasional call.

Billing seems to be a bit confusing, and Brexit doesn't help either

If I receive calls from a Southern Mobile whilst in the North does it cost additionally?
    If I receive calls from a Northern Mobile or landline whilst in the North does it cost additionally?

If I make calls to southern or northern mobile numbers whilst in the North , what's the rate p/m?

If the UK quits the EU - will i be charged EEA rates (which ain't good) or will GoMo do what Vodafone/Three do and keep the existing EU roaming rates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pocpaul

Hi all, I'm sure it's been covered in this thread but I can anyone tell me how do I cancel the gomo contract? I'm moved to a location where the coverage is terrible for the network and need to change it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

pocpaul wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm sure it's been covered in this thread but I can anyone tell me how do I cancel the gomo contract? I'm moved to a location where the coverage is terrible for the network and need to change it again.

Port to a new provider and pay for the rest of the month as per

https://gomo.ie/faq-items/what-happens-if-i-cancel-outside-the-14-day-cooling-off-period/

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

anyone ordered one recently ? how long of a wait ? with all the bank holidays and people only back to work Monday I could be a while waiting if i ordered now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Mrnew wrote: »
    anyone ordered one recently ? how long of a wait ? with all the bank holidays and people only back to work Monday I could be a while waiting if i ordered now

Seem to take 7 days to arrive no matter what as I ordered over Xmas. Still 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Anyone know what the correct format is for the Date-of-Birth field on their contact form?

I've tried all the usual formats.

Why can't they have a preset? Amateurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the correct format is for the Date-of-Birth field on their contact form?

I've tried all the usual formats.

Why can't they have a preset? Amateurs.

dd/mm/yyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

Doodie123 wrote: »
    Quick Question regarding billing

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile-pt12.2-3.pdf

I'm in the cross border area and frequently cross over to the North, receiving calls and making the very occasional call.

Billing seems to be a bit confusing, and Brexit doesn't help either

If I receive calls from a Southern Mobile whilst in the North does it cost additionally?
    If I receive calls from a Northern Mobile or landline whilst in the North does it cost additionally?

If I make calls to southern or northern mobile numbers whilst in the North , what's the rate p/m?

If the UK quits the EU - will i be charged EEA rates (which ain't good) or will GoMo do what Vodafone/Three do and keep the existing EU roaming rates?
    Got my bill for last month - had to pay 34eu extra for 2 hours in total calls to Poland being in Ireland (+10eu) so 44 in total. I think I gonna leave them after 3 months of using their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

asgaard wrote: »
    Got my bill for last month - had to pay 34eu extra for 2 hours in total calls to Poland being in Ireland (+10eu) so 44 in total. I think I gonna leave them after 3 months of using their service.

But calls to Poland are not included. You should have used Yolla or Viber out for them.

Calling a Polish landline for 2 hours on Yolla would have only cost you €2.28, calling a polish mobile for 2 hours would have cost just over €13.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...and it would've been free over Skype.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

dd/mm/yyyy

Is there a short cut? Takes forever going back month by month

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    But calls to Poland are not included.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    But calls to Poland are not included. You should have used Yolla or Viber out for them.

Calling a Polish landline for 2 hours on Yolla would have only cost you €2.28, calling a polish mobile for 2 hours would have cost just over €13.

I'm using what's app, but some people don't use any of them so that's why I had to make a standard call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

asgaard wrote: »
    I'm using what's app, but some people don't use any of them so that's why I had to make a standard call.

Yolla calls them like a standard call, they won't know the difference, same number will appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

carolmon wrote: »
    Why?

It's clear that it doesn't include international calls or text! What you expect for 9.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

carolmon wrote:
    Why?

You want international calls included for 10 euro per month. Let us know which company you port to that gives this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

dd/mm/yyyy
    Tried that, and every other format I could think of.

If they were any good they would have an input mask or at least some text stating what format they required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Heighway61 wrote:
    Tried that, and every other format I could think of.

Try a different browser maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

when I port over... will all my Messages and Whatsapp threads remain on my iphone???

And all my photos????

I have some conversations I want to keep as I am in dispute with some family members on home matters and need to keep my conversations as proof later when the brown stuff hits the fan!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Masala wrote:
    when I port over... will all my Messages and Whatsapp threads remain on my iphone???

You should have your iPhone backup to the cloud. Changing sim shouldn't effect your photos or texts

• Registered Users Posts: 17,888 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Does anyone else think its a bit weird that they dont tell you how much data you've used anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Thargor wrote: »
    Does anyone else think its a bit weird that they dont tell you how much data you've used anywhere?
    You get a break down on your bill, I keep track on my mobile,

They give you a full breakdown on your monthly bill. It shows calls, texts, data, and roaming. As the above poster said, you can track data usage on android.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

The data breakdown on the bill seems decent. Tells you per day what you used.

I wonder what the offer will be for new subscribers after January 8th.

• Advertisement

The data breakdown on the bill seems decent. Tells you per day what you used.

I wonder what the offer will be for new subscribers after January 8th.

€14.99 according to another poster.

Advertisement