Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

... that email... again! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Flo96

Yea older hands arent gonna help either as the AC changed format 2013.

Ahh right okay. So is there any way to prepare for the written aspect? I've done a bit of research it seems to be a written reports however that's a much as I can gleam from the internet regarding this phase of recruitment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Flo96 wrote: »
    Yea older hands arent gonna help either as the AC changed format 2013.

Ahh right okay. So is there any way to prepare for the written aspect? I've done a bit of research it seems to be a written reports however that's a much as I can gleam from the internet regarding this phase of recruitment.

Only thing that can be said is that if you actively listen throughout the AC the written stuff will be no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cob16

Hi everyone. I had a message recently about the link for the discord but didn't read it until the link had expired. Can anyone pm a link plz for this campaign. Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 4wesome5auce

Guys, does anyone know anything about the correct certificates for the assessment centre? The website asks for Final Certifying Statement of Results for any qualifications, although after a few days of searching I can't find my A-Level results and can only find my GCSE results. Will this be enough to let me sit the AC stage?

• Advertisement

Guys, does anyone know anything about the correct certificates for the assessment centre? The website asks for Final Certifying Statement of Results for any qualifications, although after a few days of searching I can't find my A-Level results and can only find my GCSE results. Will this be enough to let me sit the AC stage?

Only need GCSEs. Only bring what is required.

2 x photo ID
    Certificates of 5 GCSEs to include English and Maths at grades A-C.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 officerready11

Hi everyone,

Need advice from someone already in the PSNI - or people going through the recruitment process.

I am currently at uni completing an undergraduate Law degree, there's still two years to go until I graduate.

I have applied to the PSNI this campaign. If unsuccessful, I will apply in future campaigns. Anyone else in the same situation as myself?

I've set myself a target of 2 years to get through the recruitment process and hopefully get a place at Garnerville just before I graduate from uni. Is this feasible and achievable?

Despite going to uni currently the PSNI is the only career I want.

Cheers guys

M

Hi everyone,

Need advice from someone already in the PSNI - or people going through the recruitment process.

I am currently at uni completing an undergraduate Law degree, there's still two years to go until I graduate.

I have applied to the PSNI this campaign. If unsuccessful, I will apply in future campaigns. Anyone else in the same situation as myself?

I've set myself a target of 2 years to get through the recruitment process and hopefully get a place at Garnerville just before I graduate from uni. Is this feasible and achievable?

Despite going to uni currently the PSNI is the only career I want.

Cheers guys

M

A friend actually had their PSNI applicstion marry up perfectly with graduation. If you do as well as they did you'll be startig within 18 months.

Does your uni allow you to accredit the time already completed? I.e. if you get into GV can you finish your degree part time or module by module?

Or would you even bother?

If this is the career you want and you get offered an apppintment I say take a gap year with uni (suspend studies) so that if you dont like it you arent left out in the cold and if you love it then hey presto problem solved.

Good luck.

Nerve wracking week this is. Every time an email comes through I jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Evening All, i see some old names from previous application processes. This is my 3rd application to PSNI. Hoping this is going to be the one!

Unfortunatley for me, a very minor conviction went against me in the 2013 application so hoping enough time has lapsed now for this one. I passed everything and was ruled out at the last.

Just wanted to wish everyone success in the application process. Its an emotional rollercoaster but hopefully with a great outcome for us all!

Im sure everyones been checking emails frantically lol. Not long now.

Good Luck Everyone.

MD4PSNI

For those with past experience of the campaigns...
    Do they send the results out in mass email to just everyone whether you have passed or failed? Or do those who failed find out first etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

E18 wrote: »
    For those with past experience of the campaigns...
    Do they send the results out in mass email to just everyone whether you have passed or failed? Or do those who failed find out first etc

Based on last year's thread . It seemed to start with passes and then people posting that they didn't pass. However it could also be that those who pass are more jubilant and would post earlier.

Anyone getting more nervous as the day progresses? I'm anxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 djs1990

Flipping terrified

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bafta12

Anyone had anymore word on their results? Trying to workout if it’s highest pass first then to fail, or if it’s by surname?

I'm actually laughing at myself for even refreshing my emails every half an hour when I know I haven't got much chance passing it with how i felt after I completed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Got my results. Didn’t pass. First time applying. Whining everyone the best going forward

Bafta12 wrote: »
    Anyone had anymore word on their results? Trying to workout if it’s highest pass first then to fail, or if it’s by surname?

I don't think anyone has heard yet, or have you heard different?

EDIT: Sorry can see from the above post they must of started rolling out the results.

Best of luck to everyone and for those who don't get through it this time I wish you all the very best of luck next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FN2593

Got the results, didn't pass, best of luck to everyone!

Yeah, I know a couple of ones who have had emails and passed. Then the ones above saying they’ve failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

FN2593 wrote: »
    Got the results, didn't pass, best of luck to everyone!

Was it your first time applying? Never give up if it’s what you want! Always try harder next time

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FN2593

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Was it your first time applying? Never give up if it’s what you want! Always try harder next time

Yep First time, thanks! Will definitely try again.

• Advertisement

Bafta12 wrote: »
    Yeah, I know a couple of ones who have had emails and passed. Then the ones above saying they’ve failed.

Looks like they're sending them all out in separate batches of mixed results.

Good luck.

Looks like they're sending them all out in separate batches of mixed results.

Good luck.

Have you had anything?

Nothing at all, Really need to stop refreshing the page.

I take it you haven't heard either?

Nothing at all, Really need to stop refreshing the page.

I take it you haven't heard either?

I’m refreshing my emails like mad and I need to stop, it’ll come when it comes. Haven’t had anything. Passed it last year so would be a disappointment if I then failed this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheJackal3

Failed by 1 mark!! I have lost count on the amount of times I have applied and failed (at the first stage) will give you an idea I have applied each time as far back when the IST was held at the culloden hotel!!!

I really feel like throwing the towel in!!

I totally get that Bafta, fingers crossed you have performed just the same. You have already proven to yourself that you're capable, it's just down to the day, isn't it.

I really, honestly, don't feel one bit confident, even promised myself that was it I would just stay of the forum and when it arrives it arrives just so I wasn't going to be disappointed. But here i am, like yourself, refreshing every 5 minutes...

Did they do it over 2 days last time?

TheJackal3 wrote: »
    Failed by 1 mark!! I have lost count on the amount of times I have applied and failed (at the first stage) will give you an idea I have applied each time as far back when the IST was held at the culloden hotel!!!

Really, really sorry to hear this. But doesn't it just go to show how much your character is meant for a role like this, you have never given up. And don't start now. Wishing you all the best in the next campaign, you deserve it!

Do they standardise the score? So depending on the average of everyone they can up and down the pass mark? So say you could of passed with last years mark this year, or vice versa?

I totally get that Bafta, fingers crossed you have performed just the same. You have already proven to yourself that you're capable, it's just down to the day, isn't it.

I really, honestly, don't feel one bit confident, even promised myself that was it I would just stay of the forum and when it arrives it arrives just so I wasn't going to be disappointed. But here i am, like yourself, refreshing every 5 minutes...

Did they do it over 2 days last time?

No, they were late with results last time as it was the first time being online I think, so they all arrived on the one day and we had them early in the morning. From what I’m aware they started just over an hour ago, (or that’s the first I’ve heard of)

TheJackal3 wrote: »

Don’t give up now! Keep going!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 TheJackal3

Really, really sorry to hear this. But doesn't it just go to show how much your character is meant for a role like this, you have never given up. And don't start now. Wishing you all the best in the next campaign, you deserve it!

Do they standardise the score? So depending on the average of everyone they can up and down the pass mark? So say you could of passed with last years mark this year, or vice versa?

I can’t remember what the pass mark was last year but I recall I missed it by 3points - This campaign I have missed the pass mark by 1. Got tripped up on the VR section. :(

Ps. Thanks for the comments.

Advertisement