Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rowan Croft the gran torino

• 30-12-2018 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Who is he ? What is his backstory?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I hate it when I have to google some ****e everyone else seems clued in on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,398 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

biko wrote: »
    I hate it when I have to google some ****e everyone else seems clued in on.

Same here and still not sure who he is. Two of the first three links I found were him asking for money for some reason that wasn’t immediately apparent to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,314 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I still don't know. One of you googly feckers could have posted a link :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Actually did not know who this was until this thread was made.

I googled his name and found a video critique of Cultural Marxism in Ireland. Hope to find it interesting, thank you for pointing out this person.

I found a twitter account. Is this the stupid fecker the OP is on about?

https://twitter.com/rowanwcroft?lang=en

Is the OP just trying to shill the twitter account?
    The guy has a couple of thousand followers and keeps retweeting the likes of Gemma O'Doherty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Clint Eastwood would wipe the floor with him.

He seems to be conservative and traditionalist minded. He has some great points on the lunacy of the Left and in particular One-World open borders ideology. Just watching this now, should be interesting.

https://youtu.be/eqjgaix6fGQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Abit of a lunatic by all accounts.

Abit of a lunatic by all accounts.

Not from what I've seen over the past hour. Seems to be quite astute and worldly about the insanity that is modern Leftism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Yeah I've watched a few of his videos online. He has followed the meetings about the hotels in Roosky and Wicklow Town that are being designated as the new residences for migrants. He did some cool videos where he live streamed a walk around Roosky talking to the residents, and he broadcast a meeting in Wicklow (with the local councillors) live on youtube. He has also had some good interviews with John Waters and some other conservative voices who don't get a voice on any main stream TV or radio station.

The only complaint I would have about him is that when he was at the meetings he became more involved than he should have been. He's a big lad, so he was a bit intimidating when he was shouting up at the stage.

• Advertisement

Personally, I would struggle to take seriously anything said by anyone who considered gran Torino a good movie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would ditch the hipster hitler youth haircut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Is he that guy who played Mr Bean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Another crusty old man who harps on about globalism, the jews, politics and other topics he’s too uneducated to understand.

Best part is him asking for donations then using his company as a front for money laundering.

Alex Jones is atleast more entertaining

I've watched a few hours of his material and no mention of Jews.

You are talking crap.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

DS86DS wrote: »

You are talking crap.

‘Hey guys.. remember the Kalergi plan? Its all a plot by you-know-who to destabilize europe (; ‘

‘Hey guys.. remember the Kalergi plan? Its all a plot by you-know-who to destabilize europe (; ‘

Macron, Merkel and Soros are doing their damned best to try and insure that the Kalergi plan becomes a reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭gw80

Well, you seem to know what it is not, could you explain what the kelergi plan IS.

gw80 wrote: »
    Well, you seem to know what it is not, could you explain what the kelergi plan IS.

A plan to eradicate European nation states and white Europeans.

gw80 wrote: »

Its something you’ll never find a reliable source on, only crackpot altright websites

• Advertisement

Its something you’ll never find a reliable source on, only crackpot altright websites

While everybody was counting down and watching the fireworks....this was your idea of calling in the New Year?

While everybody was counting down and watching the fireworks....this was your idea of calling in the New Year?

Waiting for mom to bring the spaghetti.

Another crusty old man who harps on about globalism, the jews, politics and other topics he’s too uneducated to understand.

Best part is him asking for donations then using his company as a front for money laundering.

(;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Not from what I've seen over the past hour. Seems to be quite astute and worldly about the insanity that is modern Leftism.

You are talking crap.

He subscribes to Q-Anon, the conspiracy that Robert Mueller is not investigating Russian interference in the election but assisting Donald Trump in removing high level paedophiles... So yeah, he in fact is also talking crap and is completely insane.

I'm familiar with the conspiracy theory, it's a well known anti-semitic conspiracy theory.... There is no plot to commit white genocide.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Actually did not know who this was until this thread was made.

I googled his name and found a video critique of Cultural Marxism in Ireland. Hope to find it interesting, thank you for pointing out this person.
    He seems to be conservative and traditionalist minded. He has some great points on the lunacy of the Left and in particular One-World open borders ideology. Just watching this now, should be interesting.

https://youtu.be/eqjgaix6fGQ

You are talking crap.
    Macron, Merkel and Soros are doing their damned best to try and insure that the Kalergi plan becomes a reality.

When will you be uploading the next video?

(;

That's the second time you've posted that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Took a look through the Twitter profile and I've rarely seen more mental guff in my life

That's the second time you've posted that.

I know, Rowan (;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Jay Zee wrote: »
    Who is he ? What is his backstory?

an alt-right fcuknugget.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Is he that guy who played Mr Bean?
    I thought he was the Archbishop of Canterbury...

Personally, I would struggle to take seriously anything said by anyone who considered gran Torino a good movie..

only one of the best films of the last ten years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

He's a complete nutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think this may well be the first post you've ever written that didn't contain the word "leftist"! Bravo!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Orion wrote: »
    an alt-right fcuknugget.

I would have put money on that but the odds would have been crap.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Meme_Review

I cannot take Rowan Croft seriously. I mean in terms of the fact that I have heard everything he has said before from figures in 2016 and while I believed it then I have now disregarded them. I hate him being a conspiracy theorist who promotes New World Order and Qanon conspiracies. He also cooperates with Gemma O'Doherty, who promotes conspiracy theories on vaccines and ethnic replacement.

You do know that the real Kalergi wanted to implement a European federation based on conservative principles that would keep the traditional ethnic and cultural character of the continent intact. He also thought that Africa had no inherent culture and should only be maintained as a colony to provide the Europeans with access to cheap raw materials.

• Advertisement

Orion wrote: »
    an alt-right fcuknugget.

It would be too soon to say, but if it quacks like a duck.....

We have seen his kind of evolution before. This is just the same progression as happened among the American Alt-Righters through 2017.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

batgoat wrote: »
    He subscribes to Q-Anon, the conspiracy that Robert Mueller is not investigating Russian interference in the election but assisting Donald Trump in removing high level paedophiles... So yeah, he in fact is also talking crap and is completely insane.

I'm familiar with the conspiracy theory, it's a well known anti-semitic conspiracy theory.... There is no plot to commit white genocide.....

So he’s just another qunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,132 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So hes a mixture of the totally stable Gemma O'Doherty and Tommy Robinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Another grifter cashing in on gullible alt right q anon types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I thought he was the Archbishop of Canterbury...

only one of the best films of the last ten years

By what bizarre metric???

• Advertisement

Did his mate set up this thread?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

lbc2019 wrote: »
    By what bizarre metric???
    It's up there anyway, if there was a list it would be on it

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Did his mate set up this thread?

If he did, it didn't work. The guy's probably gotten a few more clicks but the the thread is far from flattering. Nutter is one of the better things said about him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Grayson wrote: »
    If he did, it didn't work. The guy's probably gotten a few more clicks but the the thread is far from flattering. Nutter is one of the better things said about him.

I know Rowan. He's not a nutter. He's just very commited to what he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Like Gemma O'Doherty.

Very committed...

There's this
    batgoat wrote: »

And there's his twitter feed.

The guy has gone so far down the alt-right rabbit hole that he's lost it. Sorry if he's your friend but he's right up there with Gemma O'Doherty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

He had a go fund me to renovate his shed... He's using his agenda to make money. Also believing qanon conspiracies is peak nuttery.

It's up there anyway, if there was a list it would be on it

Didnt Make any awards shortlists for the movie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

He's interviewing interesting people. And he's good at it too, he lets people speak. Tubridy could learn a lot from this lad.

He's doing proper journalist work that the cowards at the Irish Times/RTE would never dream to do. Covering the hotels being used for economic migrants, the hired goons at Rooskey.

He's got courage. For fùcks sake, the guy walked into a group of mentally ill leftist creeps and filmed the whole thing while keeping calm.

How many of you could do that?

I don't get this whole "yeah but he's crazy because he believes this one odd thing/thing I don't agree with" thing that some users here have.

A lot of things there. :D

Who cares?

It is possible to respect someone with differing opinions to your own lads.

So yeah, don't agree with him on everything, but he's a sound lad and he's doing good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Tubridy could learn a lot from this lad.

RTE should give him a chat show - The Hate Hate Show.

• Advertisement
Advertisement