Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

He's a complete nutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,029 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

DS86DS wrote: »
    While everybody was counting down and watching the fireworks....this was your idea of calling in the New Year?

I think this may well be the first post you've ever written that didn't contain the word "leftist"! Bravo!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,029 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Orion wrote: »
    an alt-right fcuknugget.

I would have put money on that but the odds would have been crap.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Meme_Review

I cannot take Rowan Croft seriously. I mean in terms of the fact that I have heard everything he has said before from figures in 2016 and while I believed it then I have now disregarded them. I hate him being a conspiracy theorist who promotes New World Order and Qanon conspiracies. He also cooperates with Gemma O'Doherty, who promotes conspiracy theories on vaccines and ethnic replacement.

DS86DS wrote: »
    A plan to eradicate European nation states and white Europeans.

You do know that the real Kalergi wanted to implement a European federation based on conservative principles that would keep the traditional ethnic and cultural character of the continent intact. He also thought that Africa had no inherent culture and should only be maintained as a colony to provide the Europeans with access to cheap raw materials.

• Advertisement

Orion wrote: »
    an alt-right fcuknugget.

It would be too soon to say, but if it quacks like a duck.....

We have seen his kind of evolution before. This is just the same progression as happened among the American Alt-Righters through 2017.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

batgoat wrote: »
    He subscribes to Q-Anon, the conspiracy that Robert Mueller is not investigating Russian interference in the election but assisting Donald Trump in removing high level paedophiles... So yeah, he in fact is also talking crap and is completely insane.

I'm familiar with the conspiracy theory, it's a well known anti-semitic conspiracy theory.... There is no plot to commit white genocide.....

So he’s just another qunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So hes a mixture of the totally stable Gemma O'Doherty and Tommy Robinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Another grifter cashing in on gullible alt right q anon types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I thought he was the Archbishop of Canterbury...

only one of the best films of the last ten years

By what bizarre metric???

• Advertisement

Did his mate set up this thread?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

lbc2019 wrote: »
    By what bizarre metric???
    It's up there anyway, if there was a list it would be on it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Did his mate set up this thread?

If he did, it didn't work. The guy's probably gotten a few more clicks but the the thread is far from flattering. Nutter is one of the better things said about him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Grayson wrote: »
    If he did, it didn't work. The guy's probably gotten a few more clicks but the the thread is far from flattering. Nutter is one of the better things said about him.

I know Rowan. He's not a nutter. He's just very commited to what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Like Gemma O'Doherty.

Very committed...

There's this
    batgoat wrote: »
    He subscribes to Q-Anon, the conspiracy that Robert Mueller is not investigating Russian interference in the election but assisting Donald Trump in removing high level paedophiles... So yeah, he in fact is also talking crap and is completely insane.

And there's his twitter feed.

The guy has gone so far down the alt-right rabbit hole that he's lost it. Sorry if he's your friend but he's right up there with Gemma O'Doherty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

He had a go fund me to renovate his shed... He's using his agenda to make money. Also believing qanon conspiracies is peak nuttery.

It's up there anyway, if there was a list it would be on it

Didnt Make any awards shortlists for the movie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

He's interviewing interesting people. And he's good at it too, he lets people speak. Tubridy could learn a lot from this lad.

He's doing proper journalist work that the cowards at the Irish Times/RTE would never dream to do. Covering the hotels being used for economic migrants, the hired goons at Rooskey.

He's got courage. For fùcks sake, the guy walked into a group of mentally ill leftist creeps and filmed the whole thing while keeping calm.

How many of you could do that?

I don't get this whole "yeah but he's crazy because he believes this one odd thing/thing I don't agree with" thing that some users here have.

A lot of things there. :D

Who cares?

It is possible to respect someone with differing opinions to your own lads.

So yeah, don't agree with him on everything, but he's a sound lad and he's doing good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Tubridy could learn a lot from this lad.

RTE should give him a chat show - The Hate Hate Show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've asked this before, but what mental illness do these "leftist creeps" have?

I've asked this before, but what mental illness do these "leftist creeps" have?

I somehow doubt that you'll get a rational answer to that question from Mr Pumpkin...
    I don't get this whole "yeah but he's crazy because he believes this one odd thing/thing I don't agree with" thing that some users here have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

I somehow doubt that you'll get a rational answer to that question from Mr Pumpkin...

Yer Da sells Avon is not rational enough to see clear scenes of mental illness in a video clip I posted.

Yer Da sells Avon is not rational enough to see clear scenes of mental illness in a video clip I posted.

I just don't get this whole "yeah but they're crazy because they believe this one odd thing/thing I don't agree with" thing that some users here have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

RTE should give him a chat show - The Hate Hate Show.

Brilliant!
    It's actually the far left side he's up against that's full of hate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I just don't get this whole "yeah but they're crazy because they believe this one odd thing/thing I don't agree with" thing that some users here have.

Not really, it's a pattern of believing conflicting things.
    Not listening to any civilized arguments - just trying to muscle the person out of the area and blocking cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I think your dealing here with someone with incredibly extreme beliefs.

I mentioned it in the Gemma O'Doherty thread. She believes crazy things but it doesn't mean she's crazy. I'm sure a lot of the people we see like Rowan Croft might be nice to meet in a pub so long as they don't talk politics.

The problem is that their "politics" isn't rational. It involves conspiracy theories and quite often racism.

many people believe crap like this, from anti vaxxers, to alternative therapies, to the very religious etc. Their beliefs aren't based on a rational interpretation of facts. And they tend to see opposition to them as part of the actual conspiracy. If you're not anti refugee / anti vax / anti medicine / secular then you must be benefiting from it or you've been brain washed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Grayson wrote: »
    The guy has gone so far down the alt-right rabbit hole that he's lost it. Sorry if he's your friend but he's right up there with Gemma O'Doherty.

I don't debate anything you say there, all I'm saying is that he commits fully to what he believes in. That's not a mental health thing :)
    A rational run of the mill conversation can be had with him besides what you see on his channel or in the looney side of media. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Brilliant!
    It's actually the far left side he's up against that's full of hate

Notice how people on the extreme of anything have so much in common be it far left or far right.

Advertisement