Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah several grand they can get for those. I believe Claire Byrne was doing a few of them for corporates but told to stop as it was a conflict of interest. I know Bressie was charging 3 grand a pop for his talks on mental health to corporates in the IFSC and Grand Canal Docks, he has been around rakes of them at this stage. As Ricky Gervais would say- 'bunsen burner' = nice litter earner

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah several grand they can get for those. I believe Claire Byrne was doing a few of them for corporates but told to stop as it was a conflict of interest. I know Bressie was charging 3 grand a pop for his talks on mental health to corporates in the IFSC and Grand Canal Docks, he has been around rakes of them at this stage. As Ricky Gervais would say- 'bunsen burner' = nice litter earner

We don't know the half of it...........

And these strings will be asking the govt to bail them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I was working in one of the IFSC corporates before and the 2 gimps from bray were in lecturing us on health foods or something, I did not attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I was working in one of the IFSC corporates before and the 2 gimps from bray were in lecturing us on health foods or something, I did not attend.

oh god the vegan Jedward, I would run a mile. Either that or show up to their talk munching a nice quarter pounder with cheese :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

oh god the vegan Jedward, I would run a mile. Either that or show up to their talk munching a nice quarter pounder with cheese :pac:

With extra Gluten!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Free staycation for Kathryn and Ellie I'd say with a nice top of the range camper van thrown in. When you're made you're made in the montrose soviet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Any truth to the rumour that the next camper van series is where RTE put Ray in to the van and send him looking for a job on a different radio station.

I didn't see this mentioned on the thread but I assume that you are all aware of this right?
    Ray D'Arcy's replacement has been unveiled this afternoon as he takes an extended break from his hit RTE Radio 1 show.
    https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/tv-film/ray-darcys-replacement-unveiled-takes-22468288

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

She's talking about her nap yesterday.

Ray is still worse than Thomas though!

Abel Ruiz wrote: »

So, afternoon naps are good for you. I’m going to try 3pm for 90 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Abel Ruiz wrote: »

Its degrees of bad

• Advertisement

No mate, sorry, nothing could be worse that the absolute bolloxology in the last ten mins of today’s ‘show’

Bullshidt about training which Thomas is trying to break into, I believe.

Greatest crapology ever, up there with the wrestling shïte, the MMA, these tools calling themselves ‘fighters’.

Complete fake rubbish, but the drones lap it up.

How do these coins get away with this crud.

I know Bressie was charging 3 grand a pop for his talks on mental health to corporates in the IFSC and Grand Canal Docks,

That helped his own mental health significantly though.

This ‘show’ has gone down the road of bigging up these tools calling themselves ‘personal trainers’ ‘fighters’ and such like .

Now I know there are genuine practitioners with qualifications and stuff, but this pure bolloxology of coins sitting in front of a tube and saying ‘I could do that’ I could do that’ epitomize the fhuuking stupidity of the audience which they think are listening.

I mean who other than some stult who is a born loser with no career would do that.

Is Thomas’s husband really so thick as to be led into bulldust like that.

Like Wwf. Pure and utter fakery.

And the grunts lap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This ‘show’ has gone down the road of bigging up these tools calling themselves ‘personal trainers’ ‘fighters’ and such like .

Now I know there are genuine practitioners with qualifications and stuff, but this pure bolloxology of coins sitting in front of a tube and saying ‘I could do that’ I could do that’ epitomize the fhuuking stupidity of the audience which they think are listening.

I mean who other than some stult who is a born loser with no career would do that.

Is Thomas’s husband really so thick as to be led into bulldust like that.

Like Wwf. Pure and utter fakery.

And the grunts lap it up.

Wait you mean to tell me the World Wildlife Fund has been nothing but a sham all along :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wait you mean to tell me the World Wildlife Fund has been nothing but a sham all along :pac:

Nah, buddy

https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/WWF_Superstars_of_Wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I know what you were meaning hence the :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I know what you were meaning hence the :pac:

Ta ta ... just making sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

where is D'Arcy? Is he having the whole summer off to spend his wad of tax payers money.

If you are in a tent, Kathryn, my advice would be to GET OUT NOW, not partake in a radio quiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

MAWMS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Denny61

That kaaaattttraiinnn tomisssssss is doing my head in ...mother of god

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

How many people here just turn off the radio when she comes on?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Just in case there’s any confusion Eli is not of school going age - in case you missed hearing every detail from Kathryn Thomas the last year or so. Look love you had a child and that’s fantastic but most of us do t want to hear about it every time you’re on radio.
    Her Whattsapp group sounds like fun. Paranoid neurotic mothers talking about school uniforms

You want to know the feeling I have Keith? Deja Vu.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

Who was she just interviewing.. Someone called Keith?

I missed the start of the interview, which means this presenter, like every other on RTE, fails to periodically announce “if you’ve just joined us my guest is..“ or at the end of interview say who it was.
    It’s as if they’re having a private conversation.

Do RTE not have any standards of competency or professionalism their presenters (hospital radio DJs) are obliged to adhere to?

How many people here just turn off the radio when she comes on?

Nothing personal about her, but the crap she seems interested in is diabolical.

Some coin decides to run round his local park with a bag of angry cats over his shoulder.......

Instant celebrity.

Some doughy lard arse decides he /she is an influencer

Instant celebrity.

For Jaysus sake as s Sarah might say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

I heard the first 5 minutes of today’s show. Utter Tripe.
    The show be renamed “All About Kathryn”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

We get it you have a child move on.

• Advertisement

No one gives a fiddlers that someone blew beans up your **** and you now have a sprog.

That’s such an eloquent sentence. :)

Advertisement