Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

fritzelly wrote: »
    How has Ray managed to get back his Saturday gig?
    Can't interview a banana never mind a human being

Maybe his agent had an input in it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jaysus, D’Arcy just after driving a Fcuking Jcb digger through every non English pronunciation in the book

Nantes, Bruges.... where did they get that gloamer.?

Edit
    Now he has to reinforce whether it’s a ‘flight of fancy’ or a flight of fantasy.

Someone told him how to pronounce Nantes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭mountain

I gave him 10 minutes today, I had to turn him off.
    He’s absolutely hopeless as a presenter, way out of depth.

mountain wrote: »
    I gave him 10 minutes today, I had to turn him off.
    He’s absolutely hopeless as a presenter, way out of depth.

You were generous.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think the question is what would they do with him if they were to move him from that spot. He's been poor at the light entertainment on both radio and TV, and he can't do politics or sports. He is a contractor, and Duffy always disingenuously claims that he could be "fired in the morning", but maybe RTE could actually decide not to renew D'Arcy's contract?

His brand of guilt and self hatred for being a straight, white, Irish male would go down a bomb with Newstalk though, so maybe they would take him on?

• Advertisement

I think the question is what would they do with him if they were to move him from that spot. He's been poor at the light entertainment on both radio and TV, and he can't do politics or sports. He is a contractor, and Duffy always disingenuously claims that he could be "fired in the morning", but maybe RTE could actually decide not to renew D'Arcy's contract?

His brand of guilt and self hatred for being a straight, white, Irish male would go down a bomb with Newstalk though, so maybe they would take him on?

He is not suited for the show....end of.

Nothing more in it ....sorry. Just.......not........suited.

Ray taking a leaf out of Claire Byrne’s book. He’s going to live in the shed.

He’s talking absolute rubbish. I was on Grafton Street on Saturday and it was rammed. Really busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Samantha Power will be on after 4 to tell Irish Americans how they should and shouldn't think.

That's scary. I'd imagine they should be allowed to think as they wish.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Samantha Power will be on after 4 to tell Irish Americans how they should and shouldn't think.

Im reading her book. Very interesting, I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

How can anyone listen to this drivel

Ray, I couldn’t give a flying fig about your crisp and banana roll. Just play some decent music and keep very quiet until it’s time to go to the news.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31,896 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

How can anyone listen to this drivel
    I turn off now after liveline...he is just utterly abysmal stealing a living

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Painful stuff. Those 10.00am Zoom calls to plan the day's program would make for interesting listening. How many people are being paid for this utter crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

How did he get a prime time radio job when hospital radio would be a challenge for him

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

Would his own pride not make him resign. He sounds like someone reluctantly filling in the slot temporarily

How has Ray managed to get back his Saturday gig?
    Can't interview a banana never mind a human being

But he just tried to eat one...

amlinopta wrote: »
    Painful stuff. Those 10.00am Zoom calls to plan the day's program would make for interesting listening. How many people are being paid for this utter crap?

Maybe they could stream that as an “added value” component.

And as regards how many are being paid for this, don’t forget the star is paid the thick end of half a million a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

But he just tried to eat one...

Proves the point lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Dunphy rehashed all these old stories about italia 90 at length just a couple of weeks back, what is the point raking over it all again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

D'arcy wants the focus in rural Ireland taken away from pubs...they need a café style culture like McDowell proposed in the Dáil years ago!

jay0109 wrote: »
    D'arcy wants the focus in rural Ireland taken away from pubs...they need a café style culture like McDowell proposed in the Dáil years ago!

That one won’t run,jay.

Pat won’t stand for that.....no way.

Wants to waddle up to the bar ,open the throat and proceed to gannet down huge pots of beer.

Food!!!! Fchukk off pal.

Only getting ‘warmed up’ at the gallon mark.

Then after about six or seven hours stagger home and rod the missus front and back before collapsing in a heap of piss.

Pat won’t sip a 280 ml buideàl for an hour.

Won’t happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Where in rural Ireland exactly has that Kildare/Dublin adjacent jack in the box been in the last 6 months, that he wants the focus taken away from pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

sligojoek wrote: »

hmmm, i wonder will she tell them to vote for yet another right-wing democrat so that we can have even more libyas

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

What on earth was Darcy up to today
    He had the guy on from Rathdowney who filled in for his club in a Junior C hurling game at the ripe old age of 72.
    Darcy says to him " By the way we`re sorry about destroying the outlets" Bafflement from the interviewee " what do you mean"
    Darcy - " we took all your business for the Outlets in Kildare now known as Kildare Village and your own Rathdowney outlets are now closed"

Drifter50 wrote: »
    He had the guy on from Rathdowney who filled in for his club in a Junior C hurling game at the ripe old age of 72.
    Darcy says to him " By the way we`re sorry about destroying the outlets" Bafflement from the interviewee " what do you mean"
    Darcy - " we took all your business for the Outlets in Kildare now known as Kildare Village and your own Rathdowney outlets are now closed"

Words fail me. €500k a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Drifter50 wrote: »

that place was only open 2002-12, i doubt that old fella was even aware of it, and if he was he would have forgotten it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

goose2005 wrote: »
    that place was only open 2002-12, i doubt that old fella was even aware of it, and if he was he would have forgotten it

At what age do you think the old fellow stopped being aware of things? He would have been 54 when it opened and 64 when it closed. All the people I know in that age group seem to be aware of what is going on around them, and I hope that the same will apply to me when I'm in that age bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,358 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Brian Scan wrote: »
    At what age do you think the old fellow stopped being aware of things? He would have been 54 when it opened and 64 when it closed. All the people I know in that age group seem to be aware of what is going on around them, and I hope that the same will apply to me when I'm in that age bracket.

Got to agree there.

Most I know from 55 to 75 would buy and sell you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Advertisement