Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭elperello

No one gives a fiddlers that someone blew beans up your **** and you now have a sprog.

In a perfect world there would be a line you should not cross in commenting on the merits of radio presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Fair enough was a bit rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

God this is dire stuff from Brenda.

Life tips from Nigella Cokehead Lawson, a segment on how great teenagers are during the pandemic, what series she'd like to see rerun (sex and the city)

This is pure trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Leave current affairs to the experts Ray. You're out of your depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He shouldn't be fighting our case in Europe, he needs to be fighting Europe's case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭elperello

sligojoek wrote: »

We're all sinking a bit today Joe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Wtf is he on about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

fast-show.jpg

Petrol Pumps......BRILLIANT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Shurrup ray. Let Suzanne finish ya dope

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sligojoek wrote: »

And buttons, leave them alone too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

What website can those garden photographs be viewed ?

Edit: When Ray says during the show he'll pop up photographs on the website, for everyone to see, what website is he talking about, is it Twitter ?

Apologies if it's been answered earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

he rambled at the start for a full 18 minutes today and is going to tell us about the wind blowing the trampoline tomorrow, as he didn't want to tell us all his news on his first day back. Thanks Ray I can't wait to hear about wind

He also starred in a short film called forecourt I'm pretty sure it was called? (more info on it here) https://www.tcd.ie/irishfilm/showfilm.php?fid=57088

and he went to the news at 3.59 wow

patrickc wrote: »
    He also starred in a short film called forecourt I'm pretty sure it was called? (more info on it here) https://www.tcd.ie/irishfilm/showfilm.php?fid=57088
    A pubescent girl's romantic fantasies find an unexpected outlet at the petrol pumps where she works in a sleepy country village outside Mullingar.

Hmmm and double hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ronan's song ruined, is nothing sacred any more :pac:

Ronan's song ruined, is nothing sacred any more :pac:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Field east

patrickc wrote: »
    he rambled at the start for a full 18 minutes today and is going to tell us about the wind blowing the trampoline tomorrow, as he didn't want to tell us all his news on his first day back. Thanks Ray I can't wait to hear about wind

and he went to the news at 3.59 wow

Did I hear him right in that he got in his two pence worth re Phil Grogan and golfgate - jumping on the bandwagon/trial by the media. Insuinuating him and all his perks and even attempted to put on an accent to go along with it - attempt at ahoiety British accent but failed miserably. This is the overall impression that I came away with unless I was half asleep - which is quiet often the case when he is on. The wife uses it as white noise.
    What came to mind during the Hogan piece was the salary Ray is on for what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

Field east wrote: »
    Did I hear him right in that he got in his two pence worth re Phil Grogan and golfgate - jumping on the bandwagon/trial by the media. Insuinuating him and all his perks and even attempted to put on an accent to go along with it - attempt at ahoiety British accent but failed miserably. This is the overall impression that I came away with unless I was half asleep - which is quiet often the case when he is on. The wife uses it as white noise.
    What came to mind during the Hogan piece was the salary Ray is on for what he does.

I heard that too, so you were as alert as I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Both of Ray's reading glasses are held together by wire and sellotape. This lad needs a pay rise badly he can bearly get by.

Reading Coogans autobiography at the moment. While preparing for the Alpha Papa movie he did research into radio stations and how soulless they are even seeing charts on walls in various studios with the demographics of listeners for that show/time. So like for afternoon show - born 1980s - topics: do you remember xyz sweets? Do you remember xyz 80s movie? Problems with new technology etc

Dont believe this is an email from a real listener.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Did I hear it right? did he say someone emailed in and said they watched Karate kid every Wednesday??

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Kinda interested how panti bar has reopened....it doesn't do food....it used to do pizzas from a place across the road for a while.

Ah partnered with brother hubbard makes sense, that place is always hopping

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

They must have Ellie on speed dial she's on so much.

Dr. Ebun Joseph wasn't needed on this occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

imme wrote: »

Thank f**k, that racist weapon should never get media attention

Didn’t hear it, but do you mean Ellie as in No Place Like Home???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Didn’t hear it, but do you mean Ellie as in No Place Like Home???

Ellie Kisyombe the asylum seeker from Malawi who had a difficult travel to Ireland story to accept.

She cofounded Our Table.

Ellie Kisyombe the asylum seeker from Malawi who had a difficult travel to Ireland story to accept.

She cofounded Our Table.

Thanks, I was a bit worried there for a moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Honestly I'm sick of RTE falling for these cock and bull stories. She has never addressed the questions that were put to her about where she actually came here from and the holes that were pointed out in her background story. Ray put it to her one of the last times that she was on that she would "answer all the questions after she got residency" and still not a word to explain herself.

Honestly I'm sick of RTE falling for these cock and bull stories. She has never addressed the questions that were put to her about where she actually came here from and the holes that were pointed out in her background story. Ray put it to her one of the last times that she was on that she would "answer all the questions after she got residency" and still not a word to explain herself.

One of the best ever was Philip Boucher Hayes and Pamela "Easy Way" Izevbekhai. He fell for that one hook line and sinker.

• Advertisement

How has Ray managed to get back his Saturday gig?
    Can't interview a banana never mind a human being

Advertisement