Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    How much money is he making per year again?

Far too much

They cancelled the TV show, how is he still holding on to his radio show

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

fritzelly wrote: »
    Far too much

Now there’s a good question?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Now there’s a good question?

See post #2143.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

patrickc wrote: »
    He must have a holiday home in Waterford or Dunmore East he regularly talks about that area and is spotted there lots too.
    Maybe that'd the mortgage he gives out about!

I think he has a house in Dunmore East.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

That hasn't been mentioned in a while. What happened to them auditioning female stars for the Saturday night job? And what happened to the next season of The Ray D'Arcy Show is that all gone for good.

I was hoping that he would have Jack Nicholson on again ("wasn't my idea") and maybe he could get Toto Schillaci on to talk about his experiences in the 1994 World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

That hasn't been mentioned in a while. What happened to them auditioning female stars for the Saturday night job? And what happened to the next season of The Ray D'Arcy Show is that all gone for good.

I was hoping that he would have Jack Nicholson on again ("wasn't my idea") and maybe he could get Toto Schillaci on to talk about his experiences in the 1994 World Cup.

LOL!

Wasn't there some plan to bring in Angela Scanlon for the Saturday Night TV show, guess it got shelved under the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    How much money is he making per year again?

"Making" or "taking " ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

"Making" or "taking " ?.

Either or, depends on who you ask. The lad's stealing a living at taxpayer's expense. I wouldn't mind if he were competent and professional. But that's enough fantasy talk..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Drier than a witches tit.

Who, Ray or Gerry ?.:)

Who won the €50 million

Personally is she talking at 5 year olds?

Sounds like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭amlinopta

I make it 12 shows since his last week off, a holiday camp that place. Kathryn must be away as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

amlinopta wrote: »
    I make it 12 shows since his last week off, a holiday camp that place. Kathryn must be away as well

Government off for 6 weeks from Thursday as well, mighty little country to keep them all going

Who, Ray or Gerry ?.:)

Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 observer2018

This afternoon Darcy had some travelling US chef on talking about Irish food. Naturally, by RTE standards, the interview was filled with the usual mix of fawning, condescension and so forth.

Anyway they talked about fish and Darcy said something along the lines of:

'surprising for an island nation that Irish people seem to kind of hate fish'

There are exceptions of course but generally I'd agree with the lilwhite on this one.

But am I right in believing our distaste of fish is in some way connected with colonialism and the 'fact' the Brits kept us out of fishing? Additionally our fishing fleet - when compared with other European countries - is quite small.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

This afternoon Darcy had some travelling US chef on talking about Irish food. Naturally, by RTE standards, the interview was filled with the usual mix of fawning, condescension and so forth.

There are exceptions of course but generally I'd agree with the lilwhite on this one.

But am I right in believing our distaste of fish is in some way connected with colonialism and the 'fact' the Brits kept us out of fishing? Additionally our fishing fleet - when compared with other European countries - is quite small.

Think it's was more to do with fish on a Friday back in the days of church rule, saying that i live near the sea and eat fish often ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Think it's was more to do with fish on a Friday back in the days of church rule, saying that i live near the sea and eat fish often ,

I'm not too sure you can lay the fault intirely at the churches door, look at Britain surrounded by water, all types of fish yet in every seaside town all they seem to want to do is cover it in batter as if they want to disguise the taste. Then you have a country like Lithuania 90%catholic same observance of fish on Friday even in soviet times yet the amount of fish on sale in every supermarket is mind blowing, dried, smoked whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

We're not much below the EU average, and in the same ballpark as countries like Holland and Belgium as well as the UK. Portugal and Spain are very high and Central Europe is very low in that average.

https://ec.europa.eu/fisheries/6-consumption_en

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

Can someone tell me how this person ever got on the radio.

Do RTE have any standards for ability, talent, creativity, flair or presentation style?

On a plus note, the Ray D'Arcy seems good in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭ITV2

Cane we have Derek Mooney back please?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

ITV2 wrote: »
    Cane we have Derek Mooney back please?

What for him to use the public service broadcaster to promote his personal agenda at every opportunity?

• Advertisement

John Murray would be proud of that intro.

Lead balloon.

Caller suggests people write down all their phone numbers in case they lose their phone, Ray has a solution, there should be a way of *printing them out*.

Whatever about older listeners, Ray hasn't heard of the cloud? He could get technology lessons from Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Texter says her son has all his numbers in his head.

Probably a drug dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Ciarán Ni Bhroin says Ray, giving the newsreader a quick sex change

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

He's off for the next few weeks and Kathryn is in, he said this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

He was only off for a week a month ago - great life

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He was only off for a week a month ago - great life

Nice work if you can get it, or manage to even get your foot in the door at RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks for the warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Yer man from Apple. The other guy from Google."

Do a bit of research. Try Google even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Who's Michael Comey?

Advertisement