Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

When you warm up, with a cup of coffee, after being out in the cold. ☕️

Holidays are coming, holidays are coming 🎅🎅🎅 I can feel them getting close now 🥳🥳🥳

I have next Monday booked off 🙌🙌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm off tomorrow and Monday, and I'm sitting at my desk eating a free turkey & ham Christmas dinner. 😎 (I don't like sitting in the canteen at the best of times, but definitely in pandemic-y times).

• Advertisement

But who'll pull your cracker?... *sniff sniff* 🤔🙁😆

God I wouldn't say no to a turkey and ham dinner now 🤤

TH watching the Australians qualify for the 2022 Winter Olympics mixed doubles curling.. The female, Thaly Gill, who had the last stone, had a great draw to land it almost right in the middle of the house, pushing out the Korean stone.. she were well happy too 😊

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

On the bus today, and as we approached one stop, I could see two adults and two small children waiting, all earnestly wearing Santa hats.

It made me smile. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,812 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

gots my booster today, vaccinator was the best, could hardly feel a scratch, I had to look to ensure the needle is in my arm, it was ! :p

Had such a lovely day with the kids visiting Santa up at Westport house. Santa and Mrs. Claus were such good actors and the whole experience was just spot on. Will definitely be back next year 👌

• Advertisement

This morning I feel like death, seriously, my arm feels like I’ve been repeatedly stabbed with a scissors by a demented monkey...and jet lag vaccine lag is super strong... but worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Enjoyed the great burst of sunshine this morning and much milder weather. For anyone that struggles with the darkness in winter, the days will start getting longer from Tue Dec 21st, less than 10 days from now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Great game of golf this morning. Scoring was poor but the company and weather were wonderful. Good to be able to enjoy the outdoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

According to one of my sources, from tomorrow there is a 2 second stretch in the evening and will move slowly incrementally from there, as someone who struggles with long dark days, I'm hanging on to that 2 seconds for dear life.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Looking forward to following the Grand Auld Sthretch Twitter account this year again -

@theauldsthretch on Twitter

Its back, I saw that info on it yesterday. which is a TH for me.

A bit niche I know, BUT for the first time since lockdown ended, everything is hanging up where is should be, food is pickled, parcels packed and ready for postage, soaked pans are cleaner and outside airing and the assessment from hell turned in with hours to spare!

As close to perfect as it gets in that section of BB's world

purchased a new treadmill about two hours ago... the one that I’d been looking at online and had been considering didn’t look all that sturdy in person, nor was it equipped with the modern features of the higher spec model, the rails were moving during use and considering the use it would be getting that’s a problem but the higher spec and newer model was only a few hundred dearer so a no brainer.... only downside is a three week lead in before delivery, was hoping to see it before Xmas but apparently due to a high volume of orders even though they have the units they ain’t got enough technicians to install...still, I am happy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,515 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Eating trifle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,515 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Out of office turned on. No more work until the 4th.

• Advertisement

Since i bought an exercise bike 3 years ago I have been always trying to sync the Bluetooth connection between my iPad and the bike, so I can use the Ifit app but also play Spotify through the speakers…. I had tried everything but without success and was convinced the software or Bluetooth was knackered despite being a newish bike but just felt the urge to give it another go just now, it works ! I can now cycle through Manhattan at sunset… it’s quite cool…

It's such a beautiful, mild and calm night out. 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

After a long four weeks(damn covid) , I get to physically see and hug two munchkins tomorrow 🙌

It's the final countdown! 🙌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So every year, Dogs Trust do a day where they let all their doggies choose their own Christmas present. They film it and it's always joyous.

They posted this year's video on Twitter today and We Rate Dogs retweeted it. For those of you who don't know, WRD is basically the biggest (and best, and most heartwarming) dog account on Twitter. The whole thing blew up and I saw a comment from Buzzfeed on the thread about an hour ago asking could they write about it. Unbelievable publicity for Dogs Trust and they'll probably hit their fundraising target for the whole of 2022 as a result. Brilliant.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

🥰 Someone posted that video in the BAAAAAW thread, it's pure happiness.

Post edited by New Home on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sorry, I had obviously pasted the wrong link, earlier.

Andrew Cotter rt'ed it and ppl are asking him to do a voice over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,574 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Got my negative LFT so it means I won't miss Christmas. It does mean I have to fly home with Ryanair though. Eurgh.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

My holidays have started hallelujah! 🙌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Christmas work holidays started today, I'm off until second week in January this year.

A lovely older neighbour left a box of sweets for us in his letterbox today because he's keeping to himself with covid. We collected it this evening and it's on my lap now. ☺

To thine own self be true

Sitting in a coffee shop, pleasantly surprised that while it's busy, it's not crazy and I got a table very easily. Bought myself a present too. Sure why not 😊!

All my presents bought, lots have arrived too, courier just arrived with more…. That all has to be a first, a day and a half before Christmas and everything done, in fact that IS a first….

Looking at the stars. I've always found it soothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Finished my Christmas shopping, food in, presents wrapped.

Not going anywhere tomorrow. It will be a chill day.

It kind of feels a bit unnerving being organised. I usually thrive under a small bit of pressure/chaos but I'll take the calm.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Shaun the sheep movie on BBC now!

Brilliant! 😁

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,574 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I remember leaving the house to go to the cinema to see something else. No idea what now but Shaun the Sheep was the last thing on so I settled for that.

It's brilliant.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They are all brilliant.

One of my favourites was when they all had to have a sheep dip in the cold.

They re-routed the hot water from the farmers shower into the sheep dip and had a pool party.

Obviously then the farmer went for his shower only to be hit with ice cold water 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Radio 4 Extra. No COVID, no misery, just comedy.

Watching Tipping point, the pretty girl , who was losing to a smug looking man, by 1000''s got a big drop with 2 doubles and won

• Advertisement

She won the 10K and started crying. So happy for a complete stranger

Sarcasm. Some people don't like it. I love it. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I gave a neighbour's child a book for Christmas. His mother said he went to bed early because he wants read in peace! I hope I've started a love of reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Something working as advertised. I did an unusual credit card transaction last night, paid for a meal for 7 is a restaurant here in Houston. It’s an Irish card and I don’t normally use it that heavily. The bank said that for foreign transactions above a threshold they would send a text message, and all I’d have to do was reply “Y”, and it worked as advertised. Embarrassment avoided.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Quote of the day from the wee one today......

The missus tells her she's wired.

Wee one: *jumps up and down on the couch excitedly* "I love being wired!!" 😆

Today was officially the first day where there was a stretch in the Morning. Looking forward to that increasing each day.

Picked up my guitar for the first time in about a month: it was perfectly in tune. 🎸

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭sporina

Warning - don 't read this if your eating.. etc..

One thing that makes me happy in the AM is when I have a good healthy "motion" if you know what I mean.. a super way to kick off the day..

Some might think it crude of me to post this.. but good bowel movements are incredibly important for good health.. and I do feel better after one.. so yeah.. healthy bowels.. happy me..

I know what you mean, when your colon has that “just-brushed feeling”. You feel lighter. ☺️

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭Archeron

At four different locations today, friendly fuzzy little young dogs/puppies came running up to me in that smiley friendly way looking to play and make friends. A black lab collie mix about twelve weeks old, a tiny jack Russell pup, a teenage golden retriever and a German Shephard pup.

I am a puppy magnet. Which is a strange super power but hey ho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement