Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

AD07 wrote: »
    Are you waiting for PCT

No I have everything completed . Best of luck with pct and medical when they start up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nemo17

Hey, are there any WhatsApp groups for people that have everything done? Did my tests last summer, passed the physical and medical around April and met with the local superintendent at the start of summer. I emailed HRM regarding my vetting and came back all cleared in October.. hopefully just waiting on the next intake now but can't get anymore info from HRM.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gerty123

Nemo17 wrote: »
    Hey, are there any WhatsApp groups for people that have everything done? Did my tests last summer, passed the physical and medical around April and met with the local superintendent at the start of summer. I emailed HRM regarding my vetting and came back all cleared in October.. hopefully just waiting on the next intake now but can't get anymore info from HRM.

What Oom are you

That's a good idea if there's a few here with everything done 👍

Gerty123 wrote: »
    What Oom are you

• Advertisement

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    Delighted for you man. Mine was 628 from the 2018 campaign. Like many many others the vetting is what is holding me back. Il delete some messages there. I have a WhatsApp group set up if you want to be in it just send me on your name and number. People find it easier to talk on it rather than this.

Rich_ccfc tried to reply to your message there and says your inbox is full

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Rich_ccfc tried to reply to your message there and says your inbox is full

Try again there lad just deleted a few.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod:

If you see posts that violate the charter, please report them in the usual manner and a moderator will review as soon as possible.

Let's keep our exchanges civil. I know this has been a horrible year for everyone, but that doesn't mean we need to resort to being snippy.

Shield.
    ussrsoviet wrote: »
    The same poster that has been on here , replying to everyone everyday for the last 2 years , dublin2000A knows exactly what way the recruitment is ran, always spoke on here like he had some sort of authority over everyone and that he knew it all, he deserved to be shot down

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Lockdown will probably delay everything now

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

I know this isn't my thread bcus I'm not waiting but fyi to anyone. Unfortunately the intakes due to return in Jan have been postponed just for 1 month. But we probably guessed that would happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

So apparently the group who were supposed to go back into templemore are not anymore they have been given their badges. With schools prob opening in Feb surely this is good news as space be opened up?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    Try again there lad just deleted a few.

Inbox is full

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    So apparently the group who were supposed to go back into templemore are not anymore they have been given their badges. With schools prob opening in Feb surely this is good news as space be opened up?

By given their badges do they not have to go to temple more at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

AD07 wrote: »
    By given their badges do they not have to go to temple more at all?

The guys that only had a few weeks left are suppose so be getting their badges without having to see it out in templemore. It will be finished through online classes

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Boxer12347

Triplek wrote: »
    The guys that only had a few weeks left are suppose so be getting their badges without having to see it out in templemore. It will be finished through online classes

I’ve heard they have to go back to templemore. Online classes were only at the beginning of training for the new intakes

Boxer12347 wrote: »
    I’ve heard they have to go back to templemore. Online classes were only at the beginning of training for the new intakes

My partner works with one of the intakes for the next pass out class. And it's a high possibility of them getting badges without going into templemore. As for the intake after I'm not sure where they stand

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

Ya my brother is a member in a station in cork and they had a guy in placed there from templemore and was due to go back. He has been told he isn't going to to templemore and will be given his badge.. surely opens up NIC few spaces for intakes? If schools open ok Tuesday surely colleges can't be far off?

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    Ya my brother is a member in a station in cork and they had a guy in placed there from templemore and was due to go back. He has been told he isn't going to to templemore and will be given his badge.. surely opens up NIC few spaces for intakes? If schools open ok Tuesday surely colleges can't be far off?

Oh ya I suppose that’s good for the people waiting so

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Be fair hard to teach someone how to strike with a baton or use a joint lock through an online class.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Alana123

Has anyone heard if there will be a new recruitment campaign this year or will it just be intakes from the 2018/19 campaigns?

• Advertisement

No they have to complete the full course as it’s connected with UL and you get a level 7 degree. They will have to complete time in college eventually to complete their training. 201 have a couple of weeks to go back and do. 202 have 9/10 weeks I think I heard and 203 have 16 weeks to do. 201/202 will be Guards but still have to go back and complete their training in the college. There is also 193’s who have to go back and do some weeks also

That can't really happen if they are going to recruit 650 new gardai this year I'd say they may come up with some compromise.

I know it’s hard to know what way it’s going to plan out. Unfortunately Covid doesn’t help us. However the guys getting their badges do have to go back to templemore that’s definitely going to happen. Also recruitment needs to happen too. I guess just sit tight concentrate on our current jobs and our time will come eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

Does everyone that applies on recruitment get sent to stage 1 ?

Witcher wrote: »
    Be fair hard to teach someone how to strike with a baton or use a joint lock through an online class.

For such a smart answer
    .... Im sure they've had training in this considering their time left to pass out and the great experience they have being out in stations. The info I've been getting in the past has been pretty solid with the connections I have. So I think ill stick with it. I come here to give people a heads up with some info.

For such a smart answer
    .... Im sure they've had training in this considering their time left to pass out and the great experience they have being out in stations. The info I've been getting in the past has been pretty solid with the connections I have. So I think ill stick with it. I come here to give people a heads up with some info.

I'm fairly sure Witcher was merely commenting on the general inefficacy of online classes for such training, rather than calling into question your suggestion..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Solocarthorse

For such a smart answer

For such a smart answer.....
    Witcher is completely correct, you cant be trained in baton, handcuffs and spray online.
    202 and 203 were sent out with no PPE so no they werent trained beforehand. You cant use any of those items when you are not an attested Garda.
    Maybe check your connections

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ifeelabreeze

Who do I email if I want to find out where I stand regarding Vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert2020

Who do I email if I want to find out where I stand regarding Vetting?

HRPD.GardaTrainee.info@garda.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

Has anyone heard anything from their sources? February 2021 and still no sign of movement on the horizon.

Advertisement