Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    I've just seen in diff group a fella oom in 700s is
    in from 2019 campaign. Im in the same campaign with my oom in 400s .. I think my local station left my file on table to long. Be careful all.

OOM means nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

Witcher wrote: »
    OOM means nothing.

Back up your statement! Why does OOM mean nothing and where are you getting this information from?

Back up your statement! Why does OOM mean nothing and where are you getting this information from?

You'd want to chill out lad, seriously. You're way too eager on this forum, there are people here who have been through the process and are now members themselves, remember that.

You'd want to mellow out something fierce or the job will break you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

Witcher wrote: »
    You'd want to chill out lad, seriously. You're way too eager on this forum, there are people here who have been through the process and are now members themselves, remember that.

I Asked you a simple question that you haven’t answered

I Asked you a simple question that you haven’t answered

As has been explained on this forum umpteen times, OOM is meaningless after the interview as the next steps are determined by;

When your file gets to your local station
    When the sergeant bothers looking at it
    When they bother getting you in
    When they get around to writing on it
    When it gets to the supers office,
    When they bother to get you in
    When it gets written on by the super
    When it gets sent back to HRM
    How many family members you have on your Form B
    The quality of the details you gave for them
    How many countries you've lived in
    How many countries your immediate family members have lived in
    Etc etc.

When the college opens again there'll be people from every intake since 2016 and possibly beyond taken in and there'll be lads with a lower magic OOM number still waiting:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

It’s looking like March for next intake...

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2020-12-17a.1299&s=garda#g1301.r

Best of luck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

cluedo123 wrote: »
    It’s looking like March for next intake...

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2020-12-17a.1299&s=garda#g1301.r

Best of luck all.

Well that’s the most transparent information we have ever received :D can stop checking here and wondering :o Merry Xmas all , see ye for more waiting in March hah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Alana123

Does this mean that there won’t be a new recruitment campaign??

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Alana123 wrote: »
    Does this mean that there won’t be a new recruitment campaign??

No they are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

CD2020! wrote: »
    Ah now, I like your contributions and common sense but you do know how annoying it is waiting on all this stuff with little communication. Play nice! GHr do refer to oom so its hard for ppl to "get" thats its meaningless.

No, theres some people that think their OOM is their reg number. After interviews its out of public jobs hands and into AGS hands more so for signing off and background checks etc. It has always been a slow process to get through but you don't go demanding where someone so helpful gets their information from. As previously said, it wouldn't be a good trait to have coming into the job demanding things before even half way through the selection process.

• Advertisement

User 1234 wrote: »
    No, theres some people that think their OOM is their reg number. After interviews its out of public jobs hands and into AGS hands more so for signing off and background checks etc. It has always been a slow process to get through but you don't go demanding where someone so helpful gets their information from. As previously said, it wouldn't be a good trait to have coming into the job demanding things before even half way through the selection process.

No I think demanding information is actually part of the job.
    OK I'm out, ill stick to the other threads this one has become embarrassing.

You do realise the two people your speaking to are already Gardai ? And are on here to give advice, they’ve been through and seen it all

Everyone knows it’s not oom based , and everyone knows it’s all down to your vetting..... it’s been said about 1000 times on this forum , so it’s not really got embarrassing, the thread is actually really helpful , with a lot of valuable posters , but when the same questions get asked multiple times , it’s tedious, and smart answers are gonna be gotten in return , cause we’re Irish , it’s what we do ha

St. Westy wrote: »
    You do realise the two people your speaking to are already Gardai ? And are on here to give advice, they’ve been through and seen it all

Everyone knows it’s not oom based , and everyone knows it’s all down to your vetting..... it’s been said about 1000 times on this forum , so it’s not really got embarrassing, the thread is actually really helpful , with a lot of valuable posters , but when the same questions get asked multiple times , it’s tedious, and smart answers are gonna be gotten in return , cause we’re Irish , it’s what we do ha

Happy Christmas you two, clearly very aggravated. If the person I responded too has an issue with me sticking up for someone who clearly was stressed and wanted direction, then he can reply. Otherwise I am confident he doesn't need your help or other sycophants licking his heels. Member or not, and clearly not a veteran being from theb2016 campaign. Also adding "ha" doesn't take the sting out of your message so if you want to give out then that's fine but own it and don't add a diminishing "ha".
    BTW the demanding guy/girl deleted their account after that, says a lot doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

Happy Christmas you two, clearly very aggravated. If the person I responded too has an issue with me sticking up for someone who clearly was stressed and wanted direction, then he can reply. Otherwise I am confident he doesn't need your help or other sycophants licking his heels. Member or not, and clearly not a veteran being from theb2016 campaign. Also adding "ha" doesn't take the sting out of your message so if you want to give out then that's fine but own it and don't add a diminishing "ha".
    BTW the demanding guy/girl deleted their account after that, says a lot doesn't it.

The same poster who deleted their account was also telling another poster a few pages back that they were not cut out for the job because they’re frustrated with the way recruitment works and is so slow so I don’t see much reason for pity.

I think you had a few too many today chief ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

The same poster who deleted their account was also telling another poster a few pages back that they were not cut out for the job because they’re frustrated with the way recruitment works and is so slow so I don’t see much reason for pity.

The same poster that has been on here , replying to everyone everyday for the last 2 years , dublin2000A knows exactly what way the recruitment is ran, always spoke on here like he had some sort of authority over everyone and that he knew it all, he deserved to be shot down

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    The same poster that has been on here , replying to everyone everyday for the last 2 years , dublin2000A knows exactly what way the recruitment is ran, always spoke on here like he had some sort of authority over everyone and that he knew it all, he deserved to be shot down

Easy now, Let’s get back on topic , hopefully some good news in the new year :D “ha”

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

Recently started lurking around this thread again. I applied to the 2019 campaign but unfortunately was unsuccessful in the interview phase.

I’m hoping for a new campaign some time in 2021. Last time I was just 19 when interviewed whereas now I’ll be pushing on 22 with only year left in my university degree so hopefully I’ll make it through!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gerty123

I called HRM in the middle of December asking about my vetting. I was told all vetting has come back and everything is cleared. The next time they will be contacting me will be to offer me a place. The person on the phone told me that the OOM does come into play when selecting candidates after vetting is completed.
    I'm not trying to stir the por or look for arguments, just repeating what I was told by HRM.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

You've a lot to learn... The very best of luck with your application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Aido1994

Hi, im just wondering my oom is 708. Does this mean I will have to wait a long time or how does this work? I applied in April 2019 and have passed the two aptitudes, interview and also met with sargent for form B. My fitness test which was scheduled for April this year has been postponed and waiting for new date.
    Thanks in advance.

Aido1994 wrote: »
    Hi, im just wondering my oom is 708. Does this mean I will have to wait a long time or how does this work? I applied in April 2019 and have passed the two aptitudes, interview and also met with sargent for form B. My fitness test which was scheduled for April this year has been postponed and waiting for new date.
    Thanks in advance.
    My understanding from chatting to HRM is that your OOM will only come into play after everything has been completed and they are selecting candidates.
    If there are 100 candidates and 50 places, the 50 candidates with the lowest OOM will get offered the places first.
    In your case you could be lucky and a lot of ppl are waiting on vetting to be cleared and you get called.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

What email response do you get when vetting is done?

AD07 wrote: »

They do not get in contact with you. You need to call them and ask about your vetting.
    You can contact them on (01)6662571

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

AD07 wrote: »

I kept writing to HRPD about my vetting, even tho my pct and medicals are still outstanding and got the generic responses. But I emailed HRM tho time and got a response saying vetting completed 😊. Does this mean it is finalised? Does anyone know

Triplek wrote: »
    I kept writing to HRPD about my vetting, even tho my pct and medicals are still outstanding and got the generic responses. But I emailed HRM tho time and got a response saying vetting completed 😊. Does this mean it is finalised? Does anyone know

Oh that’s interesting. My PCT is still outstanding too. Wonder will we hear anything at the start of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

I wouldn't be worry about vetting too much if you haven't medical or pct done yet that's another hurdle to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

4572h wrote: »
    I wouldn't be worry about vetting too much if you haven't medical or pct done yet that's another hurdle to get through.

Well considering I had a lot of vetting to do from other countries, this is a huge step forward for me and another boxed tick. Once pct and medicals are on ball again, I won't have to worry.

4572h wrote: »

Are you waiting for PCT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

Aido1994 wrote: »
    Thanks in advance.

Quite a while I imagine cuz I finished my medical and fitness etc last October 2019 and my oom was 420 or something..

Advertisement