Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

I overheard that recruitment will resume again once the Irish soccer team manage to score a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

I overheard that recruitment will resume again once the Irish soccer team manage to score a goal.

We may pack it in so

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Con277 wrote: »
    I was told to be ready to go in to templemore in July 2019 two weeks before induction by phone call. I discharged myself from the Defence forces which I had to pay. Two weeks went by when I decided to call HR as I heard no additional info, to be told I was on standby for a drop out. A few weeks went by where I decided to call again where I was informed my stage 4 was outstanding. Now out of job and lost my pension years I had to find work in a Maxol garage for short of 1 year. Hoping that my start date would come up quickly. I kept in contact with HR continuously getting the answer “Garda Vetting outstanding” I called my local TD Who told me there was nothing he could do and my local super intendant who looked to the best of his abilities and said all documents were sent to HR and Vetting. I called Vetting who told me they sent it to HR, and HR again told me they hadn’t got it. Fed up I decided to look for a career job again, Unfortunately due to COVID I lost my job in the garage and had to avail of COVID payment, One Tuesday I got a phone call from a sergeant in Dublin telling me he had to go through further details of my vetting. He told me he couldn’t let me up to the station so within the hour he arrived at my door in civilian attire driving his personal vehicle to ask me questions about my form B which we all filled out when we applied first. I found it very strange. Thankfully I got the Job I applied for and I am happy working away but soon after I started the job after not hearing anything for months I thought it funny to call HR again out of interest when I was told my vetting is done I must now wait for an intake.

So mate I’m sorry if somehow my frustration vexed you a little and your goals of being a super Garda. I’ve had a fairly **** experience so far in my goal to be a Garda. I was just hoping that people that might be in a similar situation as me know they aren’t the only ones going through this ****e. It can be draining on a lot us.

They really made a bollix of ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

Any hopes for jan or does everyone think its pushed back more.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lozzy123

Anyone here anything re Medicals either starting again or people redoing them?

• Advertisement

Lozzy123 wrote: »
    Anyone here anything re Medicals either starting again or people redoing them?

Nope nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

4572h wrote: »
    Any hopes for jan or does everyone think its pushed back more.[/

A friend of mine said January looks good for a intake, so fingers crossed! He’s a member of AGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Boxer12347

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Any hopes for jan or does everyone think its pushed back more.[/

A friend of mine said January looks good for a intake, so fingers crossed! He’s a member of AGS.

Hope you’re right mate.I Don’t think so with 201 and 202s to go back in January. 203s to follow when they are done. Let’s hope though.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

201s and 202s are due back in janurary and then the 203s our due back after that but while the country is in level 5 the college must stay closed. if the numbers rise greatly after the christmas as expected it will be likely the country will go back into a level 5 lockdown for a few weeks which will delay the return of the 201s and 202s. It will be after paddys day anyways before there is even a hint of another intake

But there's 3 weeks online and only 1 week in templmore and 16 weeks in stations in the covid setup so a group in templemore shouldn't make much difference theres alot to do before you even get there.

• Advertisement

But there's 3 weeks online and only 1 week in templmore and 16 weeks in stations in the covid setup so a group in templemore shouldn't make much difference theres alot to do before you even get there.

a maximum of 2 intakes are allowed in the college at a time, that's all it can accommodate to give each student a room and ensuite to ensure no shared shower facilitys and shared bathrooms, the 201s have 6 weeks to do and the 202s have 11 weeks. say we dont go back to level 5 in janurary and the 201s and 202s go back together as planned in janurary. its mid feb before the 203s can get into the college to finish their 16 weeks when the 201s leave. by then the 202s will have 5 weeks of training to finish before they leave. this brings us to the first or second week of march before there is room for another intake to get into the college and all that is based on training resumeing the first week of jan. personally i think janurary will be wrote off accross the country by us being put back into level 5 after the numbers rise over the xmas. this is only my guess on all this. I'm intake 202 so i want to get back and finished as much as the next person but who knows really what the higher ups have planned

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Realistically though, if they go back to college in January, we still have to do our 3 weeks online, our week in templemore and then we’re in the stations for at least 16 weeks, so I wouldn’t be worrying about not getting a call for ages yet, if they’re going to meet their target of 620 for this year they’re gonna have to be be firing another group into templremore the minute one group is done.

Realistically though, if they go back to college in January, we still have to do our 3 weeks online, our week in templemore and then we’re in the stations for at least 16 weeks, so I wouldn’t be worrying about not getting a call for ages yet, if they’re going to meet their target of 620 for this year they’re gonna have to be be firing another group into templremore the minute one group is done.

A new recruitment wouldn’t fit in the college with 201 or 202s. I’d guess April for new recruitment I think 201s and 202s will be finished then. That leaves 203s. Also there’s 193s that have time to finish in college too not sure when for them

Boxer12347 wrote: »
    A new recruitment wouldn’t fit in the college with 201 or 202s. I’d guess April for new recruitment I think 201s and 202s will be finished then. That leaves 203s. Also there’s 193s that have time to finish in college too not sure when for them

Exactly, some people on here seem to be missing that point. It doesn't matter how long a new intake has to do online or in a station. They can't get to a station without the week in templemore and while theres previous intakes waiting to finish their time out no more intakes will be brought into the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

At the end if the day don't they have to start training some new gardai? They will have to make a way to make an intake happen? Only taking 225 Instead if 700 last year they have surely come up with a way they can sort some sort of intake.

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    At the end if the day don't they have to start training some new gardai? They will have to make a way to make an intake happen? Only taking 225 Instead if 700 last year they have surely come up with a way they can sort some sort of intake.

The college can only hold a certain amount with current Regulations. All depends on Covid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dent67

Is there a what’s app group going, I thought I saw one a while back,. For people waiting

Not a group for the intakes/ more like the waiting group

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

Add me to the WhatsApp group please

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AD301

Is there a whats app group for people waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

For those who have everything done.

• Advertisement

For those who have everything done.

Is there one going for everything done waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

I would expect, all Covid going well, that there will be offers for the end of January.

I’d guess maybe March or April

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

I got a call today from local Sergeant
    Having a WhatsApp call tomorrow.
    Anyone know what to expect
    Thanks in advance

I got a call today from local Sergeant
    Having a WhatsApp call tomorrow.
    Anyone know what to expect
    Thanks in advance

Where are you with pcts and medical vetting etc? Its just a general discussion. Throw on a shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

I’m still waiting on dates for PCTs and medical .

Thats a good sign best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 John614

What Oom are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Im still waiting too on these dates. Has your vetting come through yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

I've just seen in diff group a fella oom in 700s is
    in from 2019 campaign. Im in the same campaign with my oom in 400s .. I think my local station left my file on table to long. Be careful all.

Advertisement