Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Arsenic. Does it taste like arsenic? Your neighbour was trying to poison you, because pasta Alfredo. Is delicious if you usually like chicken, butter, and cream.

He at least honked in it. I'm telling you, watch that neighbour.

I have never tried arsenic to know what it tastes like :p ...but that was :rolleyes: bitterly sourish (yick)

Oh my! :eek: (suspicious now) :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Shakshouka (eggs poached in tomatoes, chilli, and harissa spices), baked in the oven with a crisp green salad - Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ Never ever heard of that, is it nice?

Just had some vegetable soup

Autosport wrote: »

Shakshouka is amazing. Breakfast of giants.

That poster seems to have had it for their supper which I've never heard of. It's always been a breakfast dish to my knowledge. (he says, filling up his bowl of coco pops at 23.30)

Autosport wrote: »

Yes - it’s amazing!! Popular dish in Middle East and North Africa.
    I made a big pot of vegetable soup earlier today. We are kind of heading in to “soup” weather!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Dinner was a chicken stir fry with baby corn, pak choi and crispy noodles.

A few pints of peroni followed it. But that was hours ago and now I'm drinking a can of canadian and have a bag of something for later.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    creamy, neighbour made it

Sorry you didn't like it DB. I'm a fan of the creamy pasta sauces rather that the tomato sauces.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Breakfast burrito

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Thai green curry. Yummy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Coffee and donut

• Advertisement

Homemade Turkey burger with spinach, carrot, turnip and parsley crush (hint of nutmeg) and baby corn

Long day, so it calls for more steak, peas, carrott/parsnip mash, chips and pepper sauce.

Mrs G bought me a snack box this afternoon. All very bold.

That is all.

Coffee

In a pre planned move today, I started with a bacon and cheese toastie for breakie. Potato and leek soup with brown bread for lunch. I really fancied a turkey and ham dinner tonight, so its on. Stuffing, mash, peas and gravy. Beers first as I've kicked work to touch tomorrow.:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Good morning.

I'm having scrambled eggs with fried tomatoes.
    Mandatory hot sauce.

Catching up on Brexit news...
    Nothing much changed then.

Homemade meatballs, pepper sauce, mash and peas. Bainne for the wash down. Lovely!

Drinking Heineken, a very large champagne bottle of it.:D

Gonna have a fried chicken fillet with a curry sauce filled with red and green peppers with onion and skinny fries. All from an air fryer and a pot.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Serrano ham and grapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

A pack of monster munch,2 slices of toast and 2 jammie dodgers in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

Oven baked ( spherical cow meat ) burger ( from my local butcher ), nested between two slices of oven toasted wholemeal sliced bread with a generous slice of edam and a good splash of 'Chef' red sauce. Packet of 'Snax' for decoration and a can of 'Bavaria' to wash the lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Lettuce, serrano ham, grapes, Pepsi max.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Chickpea curry.

Used Happy Butter ghee (would recommend, very nice).

Dried fenugreek leaves to stir in.

IMG-20191020-042625.jpg

With toast, more ghee and chopped onions.

I got asafoetida from Mr Bells, English market.
    Actually better than the one from the Indian stores.

I made this randomly two days ago, with just a spice mix, and it tasted bitter and raw. Wasn't expecting much.

But after two days sitting in the fridge, now it tastes really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

If that was sitting in my fridge for two days, I'd throw it and the fridge out.

Lemon and Lime west Cork Yogurt x 2.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Hereford beef burgers, sauteed mushrooms/onions, skinny fries and pepper sauce. So simple.

veg omelette...not bad, but grandeeod -- am salivating now!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Hereford beef burgers, sauteed mushrooms/onions, skinny fries and pepper sauce. So delicious!

fyp

veg omelette...not bad, but grandeeod -- am salivating now!

Ah here DB, I can't be done with a veggie anything. Mrs G loves Omelettes, but I fill them with tomato, onion, red peppers and chunks of ham or bacon lardon's.

The oul burgers were great though. Hope you are keeping well.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Ah here DB, I can't be done with a veggie anything. Mrs G loves Omelettes, but I fill them with tomato, onion, red peppers and chunks of ham or bacon lardon's.
    drooling-emoticons-7.png

drooling-emoticons-7.png

LOVE THAT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Fresh scones, warm from the oven, dripping with best butter and topped with home made blackberry jam.....

Advertisement