Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Lindy97 wrote: »
    All the people commenting on her Instagram saying "we've had all done the same, don't mind them Terri. You're a good person", are they actually serious?

Wait, so they are all corrupt competition holders too?
    They really are not painting their chosen field in a good light, are they? Nor do not seem to have a grasp of how anything works.
    Also, there are surely businesses watching this, that are now aware who not to get to promote their business. I know if i was researching who is best suited to advertise my products or business and i came across a page of 'promoters' admitting to fixing competitions with other businesses prizes, I would run a mile from them and put a big black mark on them so as i do not forget.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

SSM has posted a heartfelt message to her caring followers about the lies being posted online. Away with the fairies, what’s worse is the replies from said caring followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

pc7 wrote:
    SSM has posted a heartfelt message to her caring followers about the lies being posted online. Away with the fairies, what’s worse is the replies from said caring followers.

This one needs a good shaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Suckit wrote: »
    All the people commenting on her Instagram saying "we've had all done the same, don't mind them Terri. You're a good person", are they actually serious?

Wait, so they are all corrupt competition holders too?
    They really are not painting their chosen field in a good light, are they? Nor do not seem to have a grasp of how anything works.
    Also, there are surely businesses watching this, that are now aware who not to get to promote their business. I know if i was researching who is best suited to advertise my products or business and i came across a page of 'promoters' admitting to fixing competitions with other businesses prizes, I would run a mile from them and put a big black mark on them so as i do not forget.
    Yep pretty much. All of them saying she did nothing wrong and have people nothing better to be doing. All I know is, if I did that, I'd be sacked for breaking business guidelines. I get if the girl is getting abuse, that's not ok but in reality she wont have to face the consequences that most of us would if that was a regular job.

And yes, Sue posting that makes me laugh, there may be some untruths going about, but there are an awful lot of truths that she's tried to ignore. Her blogs from a few years ago where she called celebs "trannys" and laughed about their plastic surgery. Blogs she's since deleted and made no public apology for, blamed 8 interns for writing. Her denying plastic surgery on her chest and saying it's her contour palette (so pushing her own product to followers).
    Any of them that posted that anti bullying nonsense yet have done nothing since, and didn't even bother to post links to charities and helplines their followers might have found helpful, can have a seat. So self serving, the lot of them.
    Sue's just sore that her instagram poll asking were people getting their hair cut like her, showed 75% said no. Still laughing about that one. #Suechop

SSM seems to think that she is a lot bigger than what she really is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

She's going on there like bobby sands mentioning her hunger strike st every given opportunity, **** off Hun and make yourself a complan if it's that bad

She’s making a show of Terrie to promote her singing off the back of it
    Bottom line she rigged a competition she’s not trustworthy I will not buy from any brand that supports her
    She even lied about being related to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Sue posting makes me laugh, Her denying plastic surgery on her chest and saying it's her contour palette

When she was doing the modeling on tv3 pre blog sure she was flat as a witches tit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

I should stress, there is nothing wrong with anyone getting work done, and they don't have to disclose it but, when they're denying it but also saying it's a result of XYZ product, then I have an issue with it.
    On mascara ads, they have to have a disclaimer at the bottom saying if inserts or enhancements were used so it should be the same for bloggers recommending lipsticks/glosses and face creams while they are getting fillers and botox to beat the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I should stress, there is nothing wrong with anyone getting work done, and they don't have to disclose it but, when they're denying it but also saying it's a result of XYZ product, then I have an issue with it.
    On mascara ads, they have to have a disclaimer at the bottom saying if inserts or enhancements were used so it should be the same for bloggers recommending lipsticks/glosses and face creams while they are getting fillers and botox to beat the band.

Totally agree it's false advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Suckit wrote: »

Nor do not seem to have a grasp of how anything works.

If you could sum up the HashtagBlogger/HashtagInfluencer/HashtagDoYouEven/HashtagGirlBoss industry in one sentence - this would be it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-845776759/ep17-follow-the-leader-colette-sexton-amy-de-bhrun-and-joanne-larby-on-power-and-influence

Interesting podcast with MUF about editing and Instagram etc. I disagree with 100% of what she said. Really bothers me that she lies about the child psychology and teaching stuff, she did a part time Montessori course, that's it! It's almost like she's trying to photoshop her past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-845776759/ep17-follow-the-leader-colette-sexton-amy-de-bhrun-and-joanne-larby-on-power-and-influence

Interesting podcast with MUF about editing and Instagram etc. I disagree with 100% of what she said. Really bothers me that she lies about the child psychology and teaching stuff, she did a part time Montessori course, that's it! It's almost like she's trying to photoshop her past.

Fairy tales part two

Fairy tales part two

Makey-uppy fairy tales part 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JCC24

Listened to her segment on it and was so annoyed listening to her ****e. Making out that Instagram is for ‘perfected curated photos only’ and to follow her on snap for the ‘unedited’ version of herself, sure she’s never on that as herself she’s either full on filter/ squeaky voice or covering half her face with scarfs and caps then going on about how adverts now have disclaimers if they edit, she needs to follow suit and put a disclaimer on everything she posts! Dunno what her buzz is saying she was a teacher and child psychologist either🙄 I don’t think she’s right in the head at all

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

I actually bought her book and after the opening where she alluded to the fact that she was a qualified teacher and psychologist I couldn't read the rest. Such a shame. But if anyone wants it I'll post it on once postage is paid? That's the kind of nice person I am! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Did you ever hear such utter fabricated crap? Lies central. That interviewer should also be ashamed. If she did her research correctly or if she was prepared to interview in an unbiased way, she would have known that the side by side pics on the bull****callerouter page were not a photo of now versus years ago, but were photos of the same person on the same day , one being edited the other not edited.

ratmouse wrote: »
    Did you ever hear such utter fabricated crap? Lies central. That interviewer should also be ashamed. If she did her research correctly or if she was prepared to interview in an unbiased way, she would have known that the side by side pics on the bull****callerouter page were not a photo of now versus years ago, but were photos of the same person on the same day , one being edited the other not edited.

I got as far as 'my background is in child psychology and I was working full time as a teacher and nanny'. Surely the Teaching Council should call her up on that one!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

ratmouse wrote:

Does anyone know why that Instagram page is gone?

There's two theories:

1) 'Aoibhinn' is very sick and handed it over to 'friends'.

2) 'Aoibhinn's' identity was found out and her work place contacted making it very difficult for her to continue.

Lots of people going with the latter and thinking 'Aoibhinn's' friends released the 'sick' explanation to take the heat off her but media ran with it so they later deleted that post and finally took the page down.

Regardless of why it's gone, 'Aoibhinn' was very courageous but her health definitely suffered as a result. The whole scenario was no doubt overwhelming.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is that the bull**** page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Stheno wrote:
    Is that the bull**** page?

Yeah it's gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

What sort of person was interviewing MUF that they couldn’t or wouldn’t call her out on her lies?!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    What sort of person was interviewing MUF that they couldn’t or wouldn’t call her out on her lies?!

A person working for her.ie ! Enough said!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Emmser wrote: »
    I actually bought her book and after the opening where she alluded to the fact that she was a qualified teacher and psychologist I couldn't read the rest. Such a shame. But if anyone wants it I'll post it on once postage is paid? That's the kind of nice person I am! :)

I’d love to read it I’d say it’s gas. I think i’d subconsciusly read it in her voice. I’ll send you some dough if noone else has asked yet!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

It is possible to create an account on Soundcloud and tag the timeline everywhere a lie, mistruth or incorrect statement is made..

just sayin'... :pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

MUF put up a Snap ages ago saying due to the interest in her educational background, she would run through it for people but it obviously never came.

I’d love to read it I’d say it’s gas. I think i’d subconsciusly read it in her voice. I’ll send you some dough if noone else has asked yet!
    Surprisingly no one else wanted it! :)
    Now it's not the signed edition but I can sign it myself if you like, prob worth more with my signature! 😂 PM me your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

1) NEVER on Snapchat without a filter or 1/2 her face covered.

2) “worked as a teacher”. Can anyone reference what school?

3) “best selling book” by what standard/benchmark?

4) the dream was to buy an apartment in a certain complex in Clontarf. Now it is to rent any apartment even though (we are supposed to believe) she has the money to buy one all while waiting to meet a husband so she can build in her mother’s back garden? because her european friends rent and she enjoys renting property instead of owning property? Renting like a girl boss indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

IrishinOz wrote: »

4) the dream was to buy an apartment in a certain complex in Clontarf. Now it is to rent any apartment even though (we are supposed to believe) she has the money to buy one all while waiting to meet a husband so she can build in her mother’s back garden? because her european friends rent and she enjoys renting property instead of owning property? Renting like a girl boss indeed.

I feel sorry for the people who still follow this "person". Completely delusional

• Advertisement

IrishinOz wrote: »

Pathetic to the core

Advertisement