Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

“I cut off the tags cos I have OCD”
    Any reason as to why you advertised them as a 12?

“Editing as occurred in paintings as far back as Victorian times”
    Her justification for looking like a different human in her pics.

“I was targeted because I was a plus model, I was very relatable - a real girl”
    You were targeted because you were, and still are a filthy fraud.

“Honestly, when I moved to London, I was going to to the gym a lot more and integrating more fitness and training, which created a disconnect with the original followers”
    Because they’re all a pack of fatsos who wouldn’t know fitness if it hit them in the face, is that it?

“A couple of brands that when everything was at its worst, two were mentioned, they pulled away not wanting to be part of negativity. It was less to do with me, we left on good terms”
    It was everything to do with you, and not wanting to be a part of your toxic culture of lies and inability to take accountability for anything.

“Now I’m much more raw and less polished. I’m much more like myself and how I have always been in real life”
    No you’re not. The pics in this very article confirm that.

But what I will say is targeting her mother’s workplace is wrong.. but knowing her remarkable ability to be more than economical with the truth I’d take that with a pinch of salt.

I would like this 10 millions times if I could!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Really she’d be better off doing photoshop and posing workshops. People would pay for those.

Both pics from the same day. One from the article, one from her Instagram.

https://m.imgur.com/nQTYkVp

My wife follows her though less these days and but she's just said the same. I had a quick look through her IG and she seems far far slimmer on IG than her Indo photos. Seems like a complete spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm disappointed the Independent didn't challenge her more on some of her lies, they're all well known at this stage. It's not exactly hard hitting journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

LizT wrote: »
    I'm disappointed the Independent didn't challenge her more on some of her lies, they're all well known at this stage. It's not exactly hard hitting journalism.

It's the independent.

They thrive on people like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I just don't know how you can support someone who is so dishonest?

• Advertisement

GingerLily wrote: »

It really is mind boggling.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

ratmouse wrote: »
    It really is mind boggling.

What is more mind boggling is that she still doesn't understand how what she was selling herself 'her brand' as was just so wrong and distorted, basically false. That's why people were pissed, we aren't haters and all that other sh1te that gets spouted.

pc7 wrote: »
    What is more mind boggling is that she still doesn't understand how what she was selling herself 'her brand' as was just so wrong and distorted, basically false. That's why people were pissed, we aren't haters and all that other sh1te that gets spouted.

Unreal denial and delusion in my opinion.

It seems to be a theme, when called out on something.
    They Deny, ignore or remain adamant that they are doing nothing wrong or are in the right.

I would really like to see somebody spell it out to her in the most simplistic terms possible, exactly what she was/is doing and why it is wrong etc. and see what she has to say then.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

The major issue with the MUF is she has not been held accountable for any of her dubious actions. So why should she address them or change her ways when she really doesn't need to.

The influencer industry has grown into a celebrity style way of life, as such they will always have loyal fans who continue to support them and see no fault in anything they do. The big issue with the MUF and several others is they now profit off this lifestyle and consider themselves entrepreneurs and brands. This is were they lose the protection of being a celebrity and need to be held accountable as a business.

Just imagine if a business pulled half the stunts that she has? They would be in serious legal trouble.

At this stage she needs to accept that she's not some woman who can claim victim and pass it off as insecurities or pressure, if she wants to be a business woman then she's going to have to deal with everything head on for once and really start some damage control in order to rebuild. She needs to address every issue raised by her consumers and legitimately deal with them. You know, how an actual business would.

In saying that, I wouldn't class her as a business woman or an entrepreneur. She's just a front for whatever product line easi locks have funded. She has not built anything or impacted any market in a quantifiable way that would let me call her a business woman. If anything, she's set woman in business back a few years because apparently we can only succeed if we alter our image and edit our life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She’ll never address anything. She’s totally incapable. Her Instagram post yesterday about “journalists scraping the barrel for content” was just more standard arrogance for her. She honestly believes we are all at fault, the problem is ours and we’re out to get her. As long as she has even a handful of followers enabling and supporting her she’ll never change. I said it on another forum yesterday but her behaviour is known as gaslighting in a relationship. Constant manipulation of facts, acting like things never happened, making you feel like you’re going crazy and repeated deflection. She’s an absolute joke. I don’t know how she lays her head on her pillow at night and isn’t absolutely mortified. She should be down on her knees begging for forgiveness and thanking her lucky stars that Ireland has such a soft touch with this kind of crap. Her arrogance is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

Anyone see any similarities with MUF and Donald Trump.
    Deny everything.
    Fake news.
    Mean journalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Private, take the personal attacks on appearance down please. It’s in the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I am actually sick of her lack of accountability. I don’t understand how she gets away with everything that she does tbh.
    The girl needs to step away from the blogger/influencer scene and go get a real job.
    Like a poster said above, imagine if this were a business that got caught out doing all this stuff.

She’s gone too far now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

GingerLily wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPS6tb_TVm4fOpTuhOYL8Lwh-HvUDkfh_wG3WkUSCn39QOJ2XHGQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Virmeister

I’m not sure what the companies who enter in to deals with her are thinking either. Are they not concerned that the images that are portrayed on social media don’t actually resemble her in real life? Surely you would need to have a good hard look before entering into any business arrangement with a character that cannot be relied upon to be truthful. Don’t they see that their brand is dragged down too when more issues with her perception of the truth arise?

The initial pictures in the Independent article show an attractive woman yet the IG posts shown lower down the page look like some kind of caricature of the same person.

How can any company/individual allow their products to be linked with someone who clearly is unable to represent their true self on social media platforms?

Joanne is an attractive woman, she should work on her confidence and be open and transparent yet she focuses on how she is picked on and bullied without acknowledging the many wrongs she has committed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The big thing I think she is missing is that there is a niche for a 'normal' woman out there and could have capitalized on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

The big thing I think she is missing is that there is a niche for a 'normal' woman out there and could have capitalized on that.
    Exactly. I used to follow her years and years ago, I think before she even went blogging full time. She was a lovely girl back then, down to earth and relatable. Now I don't know who she is, certainly not someone I can relate to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Have ye seen the new Insta page Fitfam failures. It's calling out fitness bloggers for photoshopping their pics and buying followers.

Some of them are ridiculous. Making money from deceit and lies.

It's probably not even that niche.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The amount of bought likes on her new pic is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

She makes me want to scream

Latest quote up on her insta stories about being insecure..and if only instagram would show someone’s true personality heart and soul

Well stop bloody photoshopping and editing yourself beyond belief and stop deceiving your followers... it’s not rocket science here

Cannot understand how someone can be so delusional.
    She wouldn’t know her own true heart and soul even if she edited it in herself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Rfrip wrote: »
    She makes me want to scream

Latest quote up on her insta stories about being insecure..and if only instagram would show someone’s true personality heart and soul

Well stop bloody photoshopping and editing yourself beyond belief and stop deceiving your followers... it’s not rocket science here

Cannot understand how someone can be so delusional.
    She wouldn’t know her own true heart and soul even if she edited it in herself!!

Occasional Lurker, Rare Poster...

The above sums this particular person up for me and it's really quite sad. From the outside looking in, she strikes me as someone who really doesn't know herself at all. Like, really know herself and what makes her tick. She has invented this fictitious character for herself and she appears to live her life through that character. At this stage, I would imagine it would be quite difficult for her to go back to being herself - whoever 'herself' is.

As infuriating as it must be for people who Follow her and others like her, it's really more sad than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,606 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's a bit of a mad idea, but would people think of just unfollowing the people they don't like and leave them off to do whatever they need to do?

It's a bit of a mad idea, but would people think of just unfollowing the people they don't like and leave them off to do whatever they need to do?

I don't follow her, but when she does 'poor me, everyone is a hater, dragging me down instead of building me up' pieces in the paper (if you can call the indo that), its going to come up for discussion in here.

You mean be logical... nah don’t be silly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Seems to be kicking off now about animal cruelty and saying it was Peta approved.

A huge amount of their 'legit' followers are young and easily influenced.
    Left to their own devices, the affects some of these idiots could have on the younger generation doesn't bare thinking about.
    I am glad there are instagram accounts etc calling them out, and others watching it and helping publicise it.

I dare not think of the advice these people would give, one on one, to an 11 or 12 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Rfrip wrote: »
    You mean be logical... nah don’t be silly

Guys, we've had this debate multiple times in the forum. These kind of posts are pointless. It's in the charter to not post snide comments etc so just keep it civil. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Guys, we've had this debate multiple times in the forum. These kind of posts are pointless. It's in the charter to not post snide comments etc so just keep it civil. Thanks.

I was agreeing with the poster lol! He’s right :)

Advertisement