Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-10-2019, 00:55   #2281
Deskjockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrar View Post
Noticed he's playing Kilkenny (Set) the previous night so have booked 2 tix for that - anyone been to this venue ?? LOOKS nice, but what's it like for an acoustic gig ? Also, any ideas whether this will be a fully seated gig, or seated/standing ?

Only 1 price category so no clues in that regard
Lovely award winning venue, have seen a good few acts in there, there is a mix of sitting and standing.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-10-2019, 22:46   #2282
Furious-Red

Miles Kane announced for the Academy on the 22nd of Nov
10-10-2019, 15:14   #2283
maximoose

Sorry if this isn't allowed - I have 4x now 2x tickets for Local Natives on Saturday in the Academy that I can't make

If anyone wants these for free PM me.

Last edited by maximoose; 10-10-2019 at 15:25.
Thanks from:
10-10-2019, 15:42   #2284
Ricosruffneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximoose View Post
Sorry if this isn't allowed - I have 4x now 2x tickets for Local Natives on Saturday in the Academy that I can't make

If anyone wants these for free PM me.
Many thanks.

That and a Rascals brewery tour will be an excellent Saturday evening.
Thanks from:
14-10-2019, 16:33   #2285
seekenee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskjockey View Post
Lovely award winning venue, have seen a good few acts in there, there is a mix of sitting and standing.
lovely venue,for Lloyd Cole it will be all seated, sit where you want, first come first served
Advertisement
14-10-2019, 19:44   #2286
trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrar View Post
Any sign of the Sinatras on these shores in the near future ?

Their Two album acoustic gig in the Workmans was nothing short of a religious experience (for an old atheist like me anyway !)

I see they're currently touring A Happy Pocket and Weightlifting in the US - so we can but hope !
Amen to that ( as one atheist to another !) the Workmans gig was superb. My favourite band, as you might guess from my username ! I'd be hopeful of them playing here early next year, they've hinted at European dates on their facebook page. Can't see it this year though. Their American tour lasts until November, and I'd imagine they'll take a break then.

Sad to see recently that they've lost a bundle on their pledge funded last album/live DVD (If you haven't got the live DVD you really should if your a fan) when the company went bust. Remarkable that bands like them can even manage to keep going. Long may they do so.
(2) thanks from:
17-10-2019, 17:41   #2287
jrar

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashcan View Post
Amen to that ( as one atheist to another !) the Workmans gig was superb. My favourite band, as you might guess from my username ! I'd be hopeful of them playing here early next year, they've hinted at European dates on their facebook page. Can't see it this year though. Their American tour lasts until November, and I'd imagine they'll take a break then.

Sad to see recently that they've lost a bundle on their pledge funded last album/live DVD (If you haven't got the live DVD you really should if your a fan) when the company went bust. Remarkable that bands like them can even manage to keep going. Long may they do so.
Yeah, saw a msg from them recently alluding to having lost a packet via the pledge fund company collapse - have the "live" recording ordered as I've always enjoyed their 'out-takes' stuff (Fez, On A B Road, Zebra of the Family, plus the Radio Session CDs they were selling at the Workmen's gig)
Thanks from:
18-10-2019, 10:10   #2288
Cork_exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Jools Holland has announced an intimate Cork date with his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra taking place on Thursday, October 17

Joining Jools in the Cork Opera House are Gilson Lavis, Ruby Turner, Louise Marshall and another special guest to be confirmed.

Tickets cost €69 and go on sale at 10am on Tuesday, February 26.
Show was on last night, so that is what it's like seeing a gig where musicians are enjoying themselves and encouraging each other to take centre stage.
18-10-2019, 13:44   #2289
Zardoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork_exile View Post
Show was on last night, so that is what it's like seeing a gig where musicians are enjoying themselves and encouraging each other to take centre stage.
Yes,very enjoyable show .
I wouldn't be the biggest fan of that type of music myself but technically I couldn't fault the show.
Eddi Reader singing Patience of Angels was the highlight for me,spellbinding.
Advertisement
18-10-2019, 14:01   #2290
Cork_exile

Quote:
Yes,very enjoyable show .
I wouldn't be the biggest fan of that type of music myself but technically I couldn't fault the show.
Eddi Reader singing Patience of Angels was the highlight for me,spellbinding.

La Vie En Rose for me, was 1st dance song at the wedding.

My back was absolutely fecked last night and was like a right tool sitting RIGHT in from of the centre mic and being the only one not up dancing!
18-10-2019, 14:07   #2291
Zardoz

Quote:
La Vie En Rose for me, was 1st dance song at the wedding.

My back was absolutely fecked last night and was like a right tool sitting RIGHT in from of the centre mic and being the only one not up dancing!
Very good.

I think I saw you ,I was in the front row ,right in front of Jools ,I was sitting too as sciatica had flared up.
18-10-2019, 14:22   #2292
Cork_exile

Quote:
Very good.

I think I saw you ,I was in the front row ,right in front of Jools ,I was sitting too as sciatica had flared up.
The 2 ladies giving it sock's dancing between us ha
Thanks from:
18-10-2019, 17:02   #2293
Zardoz

Quote:
The 2 ladies giving it sock's dancing between us ha
Crowd were well up for it.

I thought Ruby Turner was going to collapse at the end ,she looked out on her feet,she has some pair of lungs .
Thanks from:
23-10-2019, 10:07   #2294
dragonfly!

Snow Patrol are doing a 30 minute acoustic set at the Olympia on the 26th November
Tickets from Tower Records website they were €13 yesterday as you had to get the album as well but they have now wristbands / entry only on sale for €9
(3) thanks from:
23-10-2019, 14:03   #2295
davywalsh7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly! View Post
Snow Patrol are doing a 30 minute acoustic set at the Olympia on the 26th November
Tickets from Tower Records website they were €13 yesterday as you had to get the album as well but they have now wristbands / entry only on sale for €9
Can the wristbands only be got in store?

Edit: never mind see them on website now. Thanks
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion