Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Had to Youtube them, only know from that Lifestyle Sports ad last year, had never heard of Gerry Cinanmon either, how are these acts getting into the Three Arena with virtually no airplay here.

Word of mouth and social media. Easy to add music too spotify without a major contract etc

King of scary how fast tech/music exposure is changing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Word of mouth and social media. Easy to add music too spotify without a major contract etc

King of scary how fast tech/music exposure is changing

Not really, this was possible nearly 15 years ago. Its just now new bands are picked and promoted massively early by record labels to sell tickets for gigs, where the money is. The old "oh if theres this much noise about them they must be good" sort of thing.

Look at Picture This. Fúcking god awful band but with a groundswell and record label promotion behind them over social media people just go for it. Like Kony 2012. Anyone getting their new music via facebook is an easy sale for the record industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anywhere I can find out re what gigs are on for the last week in July and first week in August?

seligehgit wrote: »
    Anywhere I can find out re what gigs are on for the last week in July and first week in August?

https://www.songkick.com/metro_areas/29314-ireland-dublin

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

greenspurs wrote: »
    Who ?? :confused:

(im old) :rolleyes:;)

Completely not my thing at all but I think they sold out the Marquee here in Cork fairly handily. I think a full marquee would be about 5000 people. Never heard of them before they were announced for Cork.

• Advertisement

Completely not my thing at all but I think they sold out the Marquee here in Cork fairly handily. I think a full marquee would be about 5000 people. Never heard of them before they were announced for Cork.

I reckon a lot of there fans would be fond of the owl yoks and tracksuits

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I reckon a lot of there fans would be fond of the owl yoks and tracksuits

Ya, I'd say a young and messy crowd. Late teens/early 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

See Bon Iver has a new album out on 30th August. Doing a US tour in September and October. Wonder if there will be an Irish gig late this year or sometime next year. Hasn't played here since September 2017 and with new album out so think he would be due a gig, but more wishful thinking on my part than anything! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Slowthai supporting Liam Gallagher in the 3Arena :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

What are the chances that Ghost tickets will be given out by three closer to the date I cant see them selling it out but by the looks of it there are not a lot of tickets available but ticketmaster always hold back loads and try and sell the **** seats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Duffy98 wrote: »
    What are the chances that Ghost tickets will be given out by three closer to the date I cant see them selling it out but by the looks of it there are not a lot of tickets available but ticketmaster always hold back loads and try and sell the **** seats

I imagine they'll just open the lower tiers of the 3arena for it.
    Keep the top section fully closed and half open standing.

No need to do anything else and no need for free tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It depends how they sell rather than how many really. If they fill the standing area then they can and likely will corden off a serious amount of seats without giving them away.

AC/DC supposed to be announcing a world tour next week for 2019-2020 , hopefully they make a stop here but where on earth would they play cause the Aviva will be hosting the euro 2020 games and i cant see them being put in Croke Park and Aiken own Pairc uí cuoimh ( I couldnt see them wanting to play that anyway ) , They could play Slane alright id say and would bring in the crowd would be fairly epic but would it be too soon to have one Slane gig a year after Metallica apparently they already plan for the next one while booking the one previous so it might happen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

AC/DC supposed to be announcing a world tour next week for 2019-2020 , hopefully they make a stop here but where on earth would they play cause the Aviva will be hosting the euro 2020 games and i cant see them being put in Croke Park and Aiken own Pairc uí cuoimh ( I couldnt see them wanting to play that anyway ) , They could play Slane alright id say and would bring in the crowd would be fairly epic but would it be too soon to have one Slane gig a year after Metallica apparently they already plan for the next one while booking the one previous so it might happen

Aviva 2020 games only for 2 weeks in June, so plenty of time to work around that.

Why can't you seen them playing Croke Park? It holds almost 30,000 more.

Suckit wrote: »
    Aviva 2020 games only for 2 weeks in June, so plenty of time to work around that.

Why can't you seen them playing Croke Park? It holds almost 30,000 more.

Cause recently the GAA and MCD have played it very safe putting pop acts in there and Westlife are touring ireland again next year god help us and they will be doing cork , belfast , dublin and that will be aiken promotions so they will be chucked into the Aviva , Id say what will happen is that there will be no irish date and they will be on the bill for Slane 2021. I doubt they will put a risky act in Croke anymore after Buble and Swift tickets had to be given out to 3/4 fill the gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Cause recently the GAA and MCD have played it very safe putting pop acts in there and Westlife are touring ireland again next year god help us and they will be doing cork , belfast , dublin and that will be aiken promotions so they will be chucked into the Aviva , Id say what will happen is that there will be no irish date and they will be on the bill for Slane 2021. I doubt they will put a risky act in Croke anymore after Buble and Swift tickets had to be given out to 3/4 fill the gigs

Why can’t they play slane next year? And ac/dc wouldn’t really be a risky act imo

Hope they play here the Aviva gig in 2015 was awesome.

No way I'd go back to Slane for anyone. I think they will headline there finally

Is phil Rudd back on drums

Yeah I think they have whats left of the original lineup back together for one more tour i'd say , They've been heavily rumoured for Slane so im hopeful that they will headline it. If not ill take any other venue but i do think if they play here Slane would be my bet. The irish date might be announced later if they are playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah I think they have whats left of the original lineup back together for one more tour i'd say

Angus Young ;)

Also AC/DC in this day and age are about as safe a booking as you can get, sold 50k X €100 tickets in what a half hour for the last show, jaysus. I'd pay those silly prices certainly for indoor or perhaps even Slane, fk those stadium shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Is AC/DC not a fairly diluted product now even since 2015 with the loss of members? Would the interest really be there for slane or Croke park?

Is AC/DC not a fairly diluted product now even since 2015 with the loss of members?

The only member they lost since was Cliff and as good as he is let's be honest he's not gonna feature high on the average persons reasons for rambling to an AC/DC show.

I would imagine AC/DC are in some ways, more popular than ever with Ironman and every other soundtrack they feature on. 18 - 25 year olds don't need or want to know who the band members are or were a lot of the time. They just seem to have a never ending pocketful of money to buy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Picture This playing INEC Killarney on the 20th of December 2019

The only member they lost since was Cliff and as good as he is let's be honest he's not gonna feature high on the average persons reasons for rambling to an AC/DC show.

Cliff is back in the band. So is Phil Rudd.

The Nal wrote: »
    Cliff is back in the band. So is Phil Rudd.

So they'll possibly actually have gained a member since 2015 provided Rudd can tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

lc180 wrote: »
    From Twitter

***JUST ANNOUNCED***

The brilliant Beirut (@bandBeirut) have just announced two dates in Dublin's Vicar Street 26th & 27th August.

Get your tickets before anyone else! Get access to Selective Memory's exclusive presale here: https://t.co/6fcrvQR95i https://t.co/HheEsx4pY2

Gutted to read this morning that Beirut have had to cancel, due to Zach Condon getting laryngitis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

MAC DE MARCO

VICAR STREET

25TH NOVEMBER 2019

Following his outstanding sold out performance at Iveagh Gardens last night, Mac De Marco has announced his return to Dublin. This time De Marco will play an intimate show at Vicar Street, 25th November 2019. Tickets priced €30 go on sale Friday 19 July at 9am.

No big/major gig announced like there usually would be on a Monday from MCD so ill be waiting till Wednesday for an AC/DC announcement fingers crossed im hoping for a Slane gig but im sure it would of leaked at some stage like the metallica one did

• Advertisement

No big/major gig announced like there usually would be on a Monday from MCD so ill be waiting till Wednesday for an AC/DC announcement fingers crossed im hoping for a Slane gig but im sure it would of leaked at some stage like the metallica one did
    Not any leakage
    https://www.hotpress.com/music/countdown-slane-lord-henry-mountcharles-talks-metallica-bruce-bowie-22774860
    From June
    “Well, that’s fascinating and confirms my superstitious synchronicity theory,” Henry laughs. “Kings Of Leon, who played Slane in 2011, were also great Thin Lizzy fans. The two bands that have been most heavily requested by fans through email and whatever are AC/DC who we haven’t managed to get – yet! – and Metallica, who I’m convinced are going to play one of the classic Slanes.”

Advertisement