Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

Duffy98 wrote: »
    It will be Slane im guessing?? Or even Croke Park yeah your right tickets for gigs nowadays are a disgrace shows over here in particular are well overpriced I saw Billy Corgan in the Olympia for 70 euro and he had the same show for 25 euro in Scotland like why is the price difference so big. I reckon it will be 100 minimum for AC/DC to just get your foot in the place and they will have all of the golden circle crap and premium seats to cash in no doubt though they will sell them all

To answer your question as to why the price difference is so big, its because the promoters know there are people like you willing to pay crazy prices for gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

the same show for 25 euro in Scotland

any links to this? I see on a forum a guy saying £27.50 for standing and calling it superreasonable, presumably before fees too.

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187236&page=2

Difference is huge at £27.50, but was it really 25euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

rubadub wrote: »
    any links to this? I see on a forum a guy saying £27.50 for standing and calling it superreasonable, presumably before fees too.

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187236&page=2

Difference is huge at £27.50, but was it really 25euro?

Glasgow was £27.50, not €25. It seems to have been the cheapest show of the tour - less than half the price of Dublin - but other dates included Grevenmacher for €33 (also half the Dublin price), Hamburg €44, Paris €50 and Utrecht €41. These prices don't include fees, but even so. If you bought online, as most people probably did, an Olympia ticket was €77.65.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

spindex wrote: »
    To answer your question as to why the price difference is so big, its because the promoters know there are people like you willing to pay crazy prices for gigs.

Also, transport, insurance and a million other things that are associated with bringing a gig here that can't be spread out across multiple gigs/countries. I'm sure promoters tack on a few quid, but they've also got no safety net if it doesn't sell....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Also, transport, insurance and a million other things that are associated with bringing a gig here that can't be spread out across multiple gigs/countries. I'm sure promoters tack on a few quid, but they've also got no safety net if it doesn't sell....

I don't see any of that as being a whole heap more expensive than any other country. They use the same trucks and only need to pay for a ferry.

The only real problem would be the delay in getting to and from here, but if they make Ireland the first or last stop of a tour, then it usually isn't a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Haha but Billy Corgan was the example given, hardly a wealth of trucks required for that step off the ferry with a few guitars in duffel bags and thanks for the money suckas, for the money paid and it sold out I barely heard a peep about the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Villagers announced December gigs in Cork and Dublin. Seems to be new trend of bands announcing new gigs straight after their other ones. https://twitter.com/wearevillagers/status/1153228664710021122?s=19

Sounds from A Safe Harbour announcing another few gigs.. https://twitter.com/SafeHarbourFest/status/1153625351156842499?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Battles - Button Factory October 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

maximoose wrote: »
    Battles - Button Factory October 24th

Saw them a few times. Jon Stanier is nearly worth seeing just on his own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Arghus wrote: »
    Saw them a few times. Jon Stanier is nearly worth seeing just on his own.

Their last gig in the Button Factory was class, I could watch the guitarist all day on those pedals - but it seems he has now quit the band and they are touring as a 2 piece?

Curious to see how that would work but that happens to be my wedding day, feck sake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

maximoose wrote: »
    Their last gig in the Button Factory was class, I could watch the guitarist all day on those pedals - but it seems he has now quit the band and they are touring as a 2 piece?

Curious to see how that would work but that happens to be my wedding day, feck sake :pac:

Congrats. You have your own Battles to worry about. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It could've been the happiest day of your life.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,090 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eod100 wrote: »
    Villagers announced December gigs in Cork and Dublin. Seems to be new trend of bands announcing new gigs straight after their other ones. https://twitter.com/wearevillagers/status/1153228664710021122?s=19

Christmas gigs too for Walking on Cars, Limerick and Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Xmas gigs are good for bands

Season of fun and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

It will be Slane im guessing?? Or even Croke Park yeah your right tickets for gigs nowadays are a disgrace shows over here in particular are well overpriced I saw Billy Corgan in the Olympia for 70 euro and he had the same show for 25 euro in Scotland like why is the price difference so big. I reckon it will be 100 minimum for AC/DC to just get your foot in the place and they will have all of the golden circle crap and premium seats to cash in no doubt though they will sell them all

Please Lord don't be Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Please Lord don't be Slane.

Its going to be and the smugness of it all

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Can wait to see "girls with balls" in the academy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Can wait to see "girls with balls" in the academy!!!

boom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Ticketmaster are saying broken social scene is cancelled but I can't see anything about it anywhere else. Does anyone know what's happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Ticketmaster are saying broken social scene is cancelled but I can't see anything about it anywhere else. Does anyone know what's happened?

https://www.hotpress.com/music/broken-social-scene-cancel-vicar-street-show-due-illness-22782964

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭strawdog

rubadub wrote: »

Does anyone know in this case do TM tickets get refunded automatically if bought online or will they make us jump through few hoops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

strawdog wrote: »
    Does anyone know in this case do TM tickets get refunded automatically if bought online or will they make us jump through few hoops?

Only other cancellation I've had was Phoenix last year and refunds were processed automatically, but it was a few weeks wait if I recall.

Hope the band are all OK, but damn I'm gutted about this. I was really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Testament, Exodus & Death Angel come to Dublin next March. Venue & ticket prices TBA..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Testament, Exodus & Death Angel come to Dublin next March. Venue & ticket prices TBA..

Venue is the national stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Venue is the national stadium

Have just seen it now, Tickets on sale Wednesday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

67801116_10157638944839548_8144578888933048320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlBUCN70qihMP7JjtjziCMLM7t_2yEH0Zzf6FfBAvHDKfPWtOnXXkwZrTk-HvBMJwc&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=989cf7dff893a9eedb9734ff26a13924&oe=5DE4CA29

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Wow, is Björk big enough for the 3arena?
    (sorry, I know we all have this conversation every announcement!)

• Advertisement

Wow, is Björk big enough for the 3arena?
    (sorry, I know we all have this conversation every announcement!)

Would say definitely

Advertisement