Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Jools Holland has announced an intimate Cork date with his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra taking place on Thursday, October 17

Joining Jools in the Cork Opera House are Gilson Lavis, Ruby Turner, Louise Marshall and another special guest to be confirmed.

Tickets cost €69 and go on sale at 10am on Tuesday, February 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Zardoz wrote: »
    Jools Holland has announced an intimate Cork date with his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra taking place on Thursday, October 17

Joining Jools in the Cork Opera House are Gilson Lavis, Ruby Turner, Louise Marshall and another special guest to be confirmed.

Tickets cost €69 and go on sale at 10am on Tuesday, February 26.

Seems fairly pricey..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Eod100 wrote: »
    Seems fairly pricey..

Yes very saucy but handy to have the gig in Cork instead of having to go to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Stereolab

Belfast Empire June 24th
    Dublin Vicar St June 25th

Aiken gig, tickets on sale Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 85,090 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Nal wrote: »
    See Garth Brooks. The midlands would've emptied out and all been in Croker.

The whole ROI would be in Croke Park with cowboy hats and boots :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Less than Jake playing Cork. Could be a very fun gig

Belfast and Dublin too, 21-23 May

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

lc180 wrote: »
    From Twitter

***JUST ANNOUNCED***

The brilliant Beirut (@bandBeirut) have just announced two dates in Dublin's Vicar Street 26th & 27th August.

Get your tickets before anyone else! Get access to Selective Memory's exclusive presale here: https://t.co/6fcrvQR95i https://t.co/HheEsx4pY2
    Beirut presale here, no code required:

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/venueart...49?did=elaserp
    But keeps spinning asif it's loading. Anyone know working url?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Same issue with Beirut pre-sale :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

No Marlay Park gigs announced yet - can't see anyone big enough to play there this summer. Paul McCartney would be too big I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

No Marlay Park gigs announced yet - can't see anyone big enough to play there this summer. Paul McCartney would be too big I'd imagine.

I think if Macca is playing he would need a seating area for a large amount of the audience

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Same issue with Beirut pre-sale :confused:
    Works now, took a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Works now, took a long time

Cheers,

Revolut card is €2 short with the additional charges, and payday is tomorrow, so guess I'll be waiting regardless :p

• Registered Users Posts: 85,090 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The line up for LATM Cork is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pity, I like the venue, location and the accessibility, not too difficult with the bus from the quays to get there and back.... McCartney might be too big alright unless he were to do 3 nights maybe but he doesn’t seem to generally do that, it’s usually a BIG venue gig and onto the next one...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Where's this McCartney talk coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

D&D on Today FM have an announcement for "a band with a MASSIVE gig" after 9 with the first pair of tickets to give away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

From MCD social media
    "Gentlemen of the road" presents
    Mumford and Sons
    Dermot Kennedy
    Wild Youth
    Aurora

Malahide Castle 14th June

Tickets on sale next Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

steer well clear of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dragonfly! wrote: »
    D&D on Today FM have an announcement for "a band with a MASSIVE gig" after 9 with the first pair of tickets to give away

:eek:
    dragonfly! wrote: »
    From MCD social media
    "Gentlemen of the road" presents
    Mumford and Sons

OnlyFailingAnchovy-size_restricted.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Strumms wrote: »
    Pity, I like the venue, location and the accessibility, not too difficult with the bus from the quays to get there and back.... McCartney might be too big alright unless he were to do 3 nights maybe but he doesn’t seem to generally do that, it’s usually a BIG venue gig and onto the next one...

Not a hope Macca could do 3 nights in Marlay , If he was to play it would be either one outdoor show or 2 indoors. He did the RDS last time he played here (which was unreal)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

On the PJ forums they said possibly today there would be announcement Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard Malahide Castle July 3rd/4th

But obv not

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

The MCD page for Eddie Vedder was updated a couple of days ago so they may announce a gig in the next week or two, They may announce it the week after tickets are available for Mumford and Sons so ticket sales arent affected for both acts or people complaining that they had to choose between one or the other it seems strange that they are taking their sweet time announcing it when the rumour has been circulating for ages about the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Duffy98 wrote: »
    The MCD page for Eddie Vedder was updated a couple of days ago so they may announce a gig in the next week or two, They may announce it the week after tickets are available for Mumford and Sons so ticket sales arent affected for both acts or people complaining that they had to choose between one or the other it seems strange that they are taking their sweet time announcing it when the rumour has been circulating for ages about the gig

Because maybe there wont be one ? :cool: :confused :

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Maybe just me, but I can't see mumford & sons selling out?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Suckit wrote: »

The Student "drinking all day", "whay", social media types will be all over this I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Suckit wrote: »

Its a pretty well balanced bill that will appeal to a good mass of people. Something for lots of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The Student "drinking all day", "whay", social media types will be all over this I think
    Its a pretty well balanced bill that will appeal to a good mass of people. Something for lots of people.

Giving away tickets on Radio RTE 1 at the minute. Think it is Marian Finucane.
    I was talking to somebody last night. Said it wouldn't be his thing, but they are fairly big and a lot of his friends will be looking for tickets.

I don't know why, but I always thought they would attract a decent crowd, but not 20,000+, never really thought about it, but I would have maybe put them in a maximum 10,000 venue and not in a million years would I have guessed €70 for a ticket :eek:. I am way out of touch :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Far from a fan,but given they did both Dublin and Belfast arenas (combined caps: 20k+) with like 2 months notice the last time suggests they won't in fact have any trouble at all.

Advertisement