Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Wow, is Björk big enough for the 3arena?
    (sorry, I know we all have this conversation every announcement!)

I think maybe at 50euro a ticket it could sell well.

Won't be going myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

That is one of the best surprises for a concert announcement I have heard all year. At least the ticket is reasonable for Irish standards and is another one off the bucket list. Also do you think anyone could DM a 3 presale code, it would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I think maybe at 50euro a ticket it could sell well.

Won't be going myself.

50 euro to sit in the jacks maybe.

Its an all seated gig and the tickets are €48.50 - €98.50
    Thats 56-106 euro after fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wow, is Björk big enough for the 3arena?
    (sorry, I know we all have this conversation every announcement!)

they are saying first solo non festival gig here in 22 years, so I would think it would sell well.
    Björk performed at Electric Picnic in 2007 and again in 2013, but the 53-year-old singer has not headlined her own show on these shores since performing at Dublin's Olympia Theatre in November 1997.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

if versatile can sell out the 3arena, then bjork definitely can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Absolutely delighted.

Bjork's a legend.

I will be getting a ticket for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

sydthebeat wrote: »
    if versatile can sell out the 3arena, then bjork definitely can.

They didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

EyesClosed wrote: »
    They didn't

They did , they sold it out in two days or something thats how it's going nowadays acts with very little material are able to sell out shows all over the place while acts that have been around for years can't sell out shows at all , talentless acts are the new thing nowadays like your Capaldi's , Versatiles , Gerry Cinnamons etc. It's a bit worrying actually cause if this is the way music is starting to turn then my god we are in for an awful lot of rubbish music

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Duffy98 wrote: »
    They did , they sold it out in two days or something thats how it's going nowadays acts with very little material are able to sell out shows all over the place while acts that have been around for years can't sell out shows at all , talentless acts are the new thing nowadays like your Capaldi's , Versatiles , Gerry Cinnamons etc. It's a bit worrying actually cause if this is the way music is starting to turn then my god we are in for an awful lot of rubbish music

and the extortionate prices (fees) they charge might be a contributing factor to that !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

He's not lyin!
    https://www.hotpress.com/music/versatile-sell-debut-3arena-show-22782259

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Tickets are still on sale, I just checked, it's not sold out

7 still available, with 3 other resales

id say thats considered a sell out :D

Yeah your right I just had a look , Ive learnt to not trust MCD at all when they say a shows sold out , if your actually looking for a ticket for a show thats sold out just go on to ticketmaster the week of the gig they always put up more tickets, I got near front of the stage for eddie vedder the day before , why they do it is beyond me to be honest , I don't think it technically is false advertising cause the tickets are usually released by the acts and all that but yeah MCD lie all the time about ticket availability

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

7 still available

That's 7 rows, with multiple pockets of seats available in each...

Side rant - why does ticketmaster.ie never seem to have the seat map option available on UK & US

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the reaction of Irelands hip hop elite to Versatile made me laugh my arse off...writing letters to people and everything!!

maximoose wrote: »
    That's 7 rows, with multiple pockets of seats available in each...

Side rant - why does ticketmaster.ie never seem to have the seat map option available on UK & US

my apologies, as the seat number wasnt listed i was assuming they were extra individual production seats that were now available....

but i can see at checkout that you can get seats together.

anyway, the reason i originally said it was sold out was that it was reported as being sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

the reaction of Irelands hip hop elite to Versatile made me laugh my arse off...writing letters to people and everything!!
    I don’t even think it was hip hop elite.

A lot of their content is borderline racist and homophobic.
    Yes it’s prevalent in sections of the genre but it should still be called out for what it is.

Also the whole ‘lads from the flats’ gimmick when they’re almost the complete opposite, at least acknowledge its a stage gimmick

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

7 still available, with 3 other resales

id say thats considered a sell out :D
    it is 7 rows, see I can buy 8 tickets in the first I tried. Also when those rows are sold I would not be surprised if more appear. The conmen simply want to make like its sold out or nearly sold out to coax people who are in 2minds to buy them for fear of missing out.

SEC
    BLOCKF
    ROW
    SEAT
    161-168
    Versatile
    Order Details

Cancel Order
    8 Full Price Ticket
    €42.65 x 8
    Tiered Seating, Block F, 16+ Id Required-roar
    €341.20
    Fees
    €5.35 (Service Charge) x 8
    €42.80
    Subtotal
    €384.00

these are the rows currently on sale. Note some very good seats are available, might have been held back for VIPs or friends etc, but the ohter common trick is to sell off the crap seats first and then reveal decent tickets later to sell to more casual fans who would not take crap up the back.

Section BLOCKF Row 24
    Full Price Ticket
    €46.65 ea
    Section BLOCKF Row 25
    Full Price Ticket
    €46.65 ea
    Section BLOCKB Row 23
    Full Price Ticket
    €46.65 ea
    Section BLOCKB Row 24
    Full Price Ticket
    €46.65 ea
    Section BLOCKB Row 25
    Full Price Ticket
    €46.65 ea
    Section BLOCKN Row 34
    Full Price Ticket
    €46.65 ea
    Section BLOCKK Row 41
    Full Price Ticket
    €46.65 ea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Is there such a thing ?? Or just self proclaimed ?

Fontaines DC dedicated a song to Versatile at ATN...….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sinead O'Connor (or Shuhada Davitt as I believe she's now named) is playing three dates in Ireland this year in October.

October 17 in Roisin Dubh
    October 26 in Cork Opera House
    October 27 in Vicar Street.

Tickets on sale Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

mrk75 wrote: »
    Wilco doing London, Manchester and Glasgow at the end of September, so hopefully an Irish gig will be announced soon too...

Doesn't look like it's going to happen at this stage. Very strange... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

mrk75 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it's going to happen at this stage. Very strange... :confused:

Seems like there's an increase in bands skipping Ireland on their tours lately. Don't have figured to back up or anything so just a hunch. Hope Brexit doesn't mean less bands touring UK and sk skipping Ireland that way. Joys of being an island off the west coast of Europe eh?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wilco have always sold well here too.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard also not coming despite a packed Olympia last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

Slipknot have confirmed the 3 Arena for Tuesday 14th January

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

laros wrote: »
    Slipknot have confirmed the 3 Arena for Tuesday 14th January

In 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

In 2020

Apologies... Wasn't aware of the 2020 gig thread..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

68754100_10157692096959548_2596410732337692672_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQkoKPXifhYY9yz8hL7sy6-6ve2kAc82yNm3IlJP-hsl3Wa9xv4dGWw6tj6Y9k7OyRI&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=7636800e241f2565269cd266d24d1573&oe=5DCC4C48

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

EDNNUqTXoAAsMfD?format=jpg&name=900x900

Dublin is an all seated gig and tickets are 70-75 euro inc fees

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    EDNNUqTXoAAsMfD?format=jpg&name=900x900

Dublin is an all seated gig and tickets are 70-75 euro inc fees

You can get pre-sale tickets by pre-ordering their album. That would be your best shot at getting a ticket cause on the day of general release you havent a hope of picking one up cause they will all be gone by 9:01AM. Yeah prices for the gig start off at €63. It would be a class gig in fairness but the prices are a bit steep

Advertisement