Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC returning to Dublin for st Paddy's day 2010?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I hear from this very website that it will in fact be on St Patricks weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Yes that would make more sense :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Mossy Monk wrote: »

thats what dana said himself in a press conferance building up to or shortly after ufc 100.

was at the one in dublin in the o2, interesting to see who will be on the card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

thats what dana said himself in a press conferance building up to or shortly after ufc 100.

was at the one in dublin in the o2, interesting to see who will be on the card

Should start seeing rumours before the year ending

Tones69 wrote: »
    [/B]
    Should start seeing rumours before the year ending

I'd pencil in marcus davis anyways seing how much he loves his 'motherland' and the fact that it is paddy's day;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 impi

^^^ lol

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Nice! That's great news :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

yeah

ever heard of

800px-sydney_opera_house_sailsk.jpg

Ever hear of the UFC going to australia. (its closer to the states than we are.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mellor wrote: »
    Ever hear of the UFC going to australia. (its closer to the states than we are.)

It's often mentioned. Next year seems likely enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fozzy wrote: »
    Next year

That seems to be Dana's stock answer for every possible location.

• Advertisement

seesm to be gone off the radar again, hear anything else bout paddys ufc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭O'Leprosy

UFC 110 is offially scheduled for Sydney 20th November. No fight card yet.

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.Home&eid=2629

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

O'Leprosy wrote: »

It sold out in one day!!

UFC 110 is offially scheduled for Sydney 20th February. No fight card yet.

Fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

seesm to be gone off the radar again, hear anything else bout paddys ufc?

March 17 card announced for 02 dublin, not the main event I was expecting!

http://www.theo2.ie/event/cesar-milan/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

ScottStorm wrote: »
    March 17 card announced for 02 dublin, not the main event I was expecting!

http://www.theo2.ie/event/cesar-milan/

I love that guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Not looking good for an event any time soon in dublin, think im going to go to New Jersey on 27th March for GSP v Hardy... 400 squid for flights :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭O'Leprosy

mooeire wrote: »
    Not looking good for an event any time soon in dublin, think im going to go to New Jersey on 27th March for GSP v Hardy... 400 squid for flights :D
    You must hate Hardy, spending 400 squid alone for the flights to see him getting a beating :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

400 squid eh? feck, i might have to go there myself! What kind of package are you looking at? tickets, accomodation etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Well my brother lives over there so stay with him if i go, not sure about tickets yet.. Could just go for the cheap seats to keep the price low... Actually like Hardy, but still think he's out of his depth against GSP

I'm thinking this won't be televised live, or at least at an hour that anyone here would see it, massive time difference, you'd be talking 8-10 am in the morning if they go by normal hours :(...

What's to stop them repeating it at 8pm in the evening?

Bisping v Wandy
    I'm thinking this won't be televised live, or at least at an hour that anyone here would see it, massive time difference, you'd be talking 8-10 am in the morning if they go by normal hours :(...

The time is on the link. It'll be on 3am in ireland.
    It's on a 2pm in sydney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Bisping v Wandy

It's on a 2pm in sydney

Is that the start time of the tv broadcast or the time the first fight starts there? If it's the latter, the tv broadcast wouln't be on until 5 or 6

Thats the time listed on the website.

• Advertisement

It's on a 2pm in sydney

No change so for us tv wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

wikipedia has UFC 112 will be on in Dubai in April which means no sign of an event for us anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Hope yet !!!

from mmahits
    UFC light heavyweights Jon Jones and Brandon Vera may headline the promotion’s first live fight card on Versus.

Jones and Vera have verbally agreed to meet on March 21 in an unannounced event that’s planned as the UFC’s first live event with its new broadcast partner, Versus.

Vera had been targeted for a UFC 109 fight with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, but an injury to “Little Nog” left him without an opponent. While the pay-per-view slot has yet to be filled for the Feb. 6 event, Vera will now move on to fight Jones at the new event.

Both Jones and Vera look to recover from losses, though both fighters have reason to feel a little bitter about their most recent results.

Jones seeks to bounce back from a disqualification loss to Matt Hamill at The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale card just 10 days ago. Despite the loss due to a series of illegal “12-to-6″ elbow strikes, “Bones” impressed most MMA observers by his one-sided domination of “The Hammer” before the stoppage.

The loss was the first of the 22-year-old’s career, thought Jones’ management team has since vowed to protest the results in hopes of an overturned decision.

Meanwhile, Vera seeks to rebound from a hotly contested loss to MMA legend Randy Couture in the main event of November’s “UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera” event in the U.K. “The Truth” fell short in what many MMA observers viewed as a controversial result that night, but a win over fast-rising prospect Jones would undoubtedly secure his place in the 205-pound pecking order.

http://mmahits.com/news/brandon-vera-vs-jon-jones-may-headline-card-on-versus/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Evil_Clown wrote: »

I hope we get a PPV card and not some free tv show card, but I guess any ufc is better then no ufc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Live on Versus = 2 or 3 in the morning in Ireland. Don't see how this could work. Doesn't make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Fromvert wrote: »
    Thats on in Denver.

Curses
    Looks like we are def sh!t out of luck so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Is this still happening? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭markfightie

ufc is in dublin tonight, im at it right now, your all idiots for not getting tickets

mike tyson in the cage for the first time against brock is on right now, great fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

ufc is in dublin tonight, im at it right now, your all idiots for not getting tickets

mike tyson in the cage for the first time against brock is on right now, great fight

I thought this was just a rumour!

Damn!

Advertisement