Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman stabbed near IFSC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

I thought the first time you said it, you were cracking a joke. The majority of social housing tenants who take everything from the state, give nothing back to society and who make more little people who will most likely follow the same path.

There are some social tenants who for whatever reason in life were given a social dwelling by the council and who then got their sh!t together and got a decent job, leading to a higher portion of their income being paid on rent. I welcome that and I don't have a big problem with it. However, it's a hard pill to swallow when you and your partner are working your @sses off everyday to pay the mortgage and put food on the table only to have a dole scrounger move in next door and pay about 2% of what you pay from their free money.

I get the whole "greater good" argument, but there is nothing fair about it and the kids being raised by many of these dysfunctional people are not being helped when they see they don't have to work for anything....unless it's a nixer, or a crime.

The only people who can afford to have children ( definitely anymore than 2) are people on social welfare , by the time working parents pay creche,mortgage,feed,cloth and educate their family they have less disposable income than people who never worked and get so much for free.

Theres no point having a low wage job if you have children. And sadly more and more jobs are low wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Quite telling how small this thread is in relation to other threads where the attacker is assumed to be of ethnic origin.

I'm glad they have caught someone and if this is the person who did it, I hope attempted murder charges follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Here’s hoping she pulls through.

The issue of juveniles carrying knives needs to be addressed urgently. Don’t let what’s happened in London happen here too.

There is no proof this was a juvenile, or someone on social housing however i agree on the general point

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

There is no proof this was a juvenile, or someone on social housing however i agree on the general point

Must be an awful experience for the woman.

He was a scummer with a blade. Should he be underage then I fear he wont get what he deserves. At least hes caught.

LuasSimon wrote: »
    The only people who can afford to have children ( definitely anymore than 2) are people on social welfare , by the time working parents pay creche,mortgage,feed,cloth and educate their family they have less disposable income than people who never worked and get so much for free.

Theres no point having a low wage job if you have children. And sadly more and more jobs are low wage.

100%, it is the only class that will grow as they have more children, working people cannot afford.

Impossible to afford, we are debating another but despite having two decent jobs just cannot afford it as well as a mortgage.

Id get more help with a creche if I was "seeking employment" than in actual employment.

• Advertisement

Here’s hoping she pulls through.

The issue of juveniles carrying knives needs to be addressed urgently. Don’t let what’s happened in London happen here too.

Not a hope of anything been done about knife carrying in this country, if a guard catchs someone with a knife some free legal aid solicitor will say they were using it for cutting carpet or some other yarn.
    If you meet some decent judge their hands are tied as Sinn Fein and the WOKE crowd will be on about their culture or poor upbringing etc...its always someone elses fault

The best that could happen is we might get grants towards stab proof vests we will all be wearing in 5 or ten years time.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Must be an awful experience for the woman.

He was a scummer with a blade. Should he be underage then I fear he wont get what he deserves. At least hes caught.

A absolute scumbag, and a terrifying experience for her.

I hope she recovers

Not a hope of anything been done about knife carrying in this country, if a guard catchs someone with a knife some free legal aid solicitor will say they were using it for cutting carpet or some other yarn.
    If you meet some decent judge their hands are tied as Sinn Fein and the WOKE crowd will be on about their culture or poor upbringing etc...its always someone elses fault

The best that could happen is we might get grants towards stab proof vests we will all be wearing in 5 or ten years time.

The poor card doesn't wash with me.

I grew up in the city center, family are still there. We were poor yet my parents worked hard and raised me right. I have yet to stab or assault someone.

Its no excuse.

I grew up in the city center, family are still there. We were poor yet my parents worked hard and raised me right. I have yet to stab or assault someone.

Its no excuse.

And fair play to you , anyone that works hard like you or I won’t be doing these type of horrific deeds but there’s a growing breed of local and non local people who wont work , want everything for free and contribute nothing only bad to their communities. The law abiding working person is been rode bareback by these creatures

No doubt there’ll be a GoFundMe page set up for the culprits legal fees.

• Advertisement

Why...its all free for them anyways!!....most of these scrotes have free legal aid solicitors queuing up to help them out all paid for by the working person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Its no excuse.

I dont know what the hell is wrong with some that post here, there always has to be an underclass to blame. I think anyone can be scum regardless of their background.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭bb12

that teen who stabbed the asian woman on the sea front in dun laoghaire got 11 years so there is an improvement in sentences for underage crime such as this, if the assailant was underage in this case

I dont know what the hell is wrong with some that post here, there always has to be an underclass to blame. I think anyone can be scum regardless of their background.

I agree, however the other way is always "someone elses/the governments" fault.

No personal responsibility

• Registered Users Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

No it's more outside the city. Jesus cant think of the name of the place not too far from Saughton that was pretty grim.

Edit Broomhouse

Is that near Grimsby ;)

The RTE article said it was a jevenile.

I hear ya. Myself and the OH were only talking about this a couple of nights ago. Her sister and husband live in a 1 bed glorified shed built out her parents backyard. He works in the service industry and so did she until she had to stop working to care for her two kids. They can't afford to buy anywhere and if you have any kids, you can forget about getting any mortgage unless you both have some very well paid jobs. Maddening when the 3 bed semi-Ds around us are 300-400k modest dwellings, a portion of which are given to people who have never worked a day in their life and probably never will.

Nah, the GoFundMe will be for a second PS5 because he wants one in the living room AND his bedroom to go with his 60" Ultra Hi-Def OLED TV.

Stay Free

Quite telling how small this thread is in relation to other threads where the attacker is assumed to be of ethnic origin.

I'm glad they have caught someone and if this is the person who did it, I hope attempted murder charges follow.

That's because nobody is defending the attacker unlike the other thread.

Can you please stop race baiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

When did it change from the guards giving descriptions of the perpetrator of a crime?

I see they are asking for anyone with information but no description given.

The reason the justice system is the way it is, is because nobody from the opposition parties raises this in the Dail.
    Unfortunately our government don't act unless it's forced on them by the opposition and put in the public domain as a political issue.

Anybody want to guess why PBP etc... don't raise the farce of a criminal system?
    The reason Paul Murphy etc... went immediately anti Gardai the minute a young criminal swinging a knife was shot?

I've asked at the last general election each candidate who came to my door about the justice system and bar saying it was completely against the lower classes and unfair, none had a plan to reform it or even gave it a second thought.

Make this a political issue, contact your local TD, annoy the **** out of them, make it so they can't ignore it and if enough make this an issue they will act on it.

For now there is no political benefit to tackling it so instead we will give this lad a free house where he wants to live and we will pay for his upkeep and legal fees for the next 40 years+.

Any politician I've seen anti-gardai on twitter or anywhere else, I'm noting and making it my business not to vote for them and telling them the same when the canvas.

When did it change from the guards giving descriptions of the perpetrator of a crime?

I see they are asking for anyone with information but no description given.

The reason the justice system is the way it is, is because nobody from the opposition parties raises this in the Dail.
    Unfortunately our government don't act unless it's forced on them by the opposition and put in the public domain as a political issue.

Anybody want to guess why PBP etc... don't raise the farce of a criminal system?
    The reason Paul Murphy etc... went immediately anti Gardai the minute a young criminal swinging a knife was shot?

I've asked at the last general election each candidate who came to my door about the justice system and bar saying it was completely against the lower classes and unfair, none had a plan to reform it or even gave it a second thought.

Make this a political issue, contact your local TD, annoy the **** out of them, make it so they can't ignore it and if enough make this an issue they will act on it.

For now there is no political benefit to tackling it so instead we will give this lad a free house where he wants to live and we will pay for his upkeep and legal fees for the next 40 years+.

Any politician I've seen anti-gardai on twitter or anywhere else, I'm noting and making it my business not to vote for them and telling them the same when the canvas.

Excellent post - we are plagued with traveller Crime in our area , brought it up with TD at door , more or less told me they can’t do anything about it due to the discrimination card and Sinn Fein love them . Sad to see how the law abiding people’s lives are been destroyed in towns and villages all over Ireland . Bit different to the urban crime issues but similar concept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

just seeing this now, scumbag should be done for attempted murder but we know that wont happen.

Race isnt an issue, same way it shouldn't an issue in the shooting case.

She was a vulnerable woman attacked because she was an easy target. Attacker was a scummer.

She wasn't picked on because of her race.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    just seeing this now, scumbag should be done for attempted murder but we know that wont happen.

Exactly. It will be a slap on the wrist and sent back to mammy and the probation service. Excuses will be rolled out for the crime and the rights of the victim will be ignored. Round and round we go .

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

I didn't see any posts defending the attackers. Who would possibly defend 3 scumbags attacking a lone woman? Both attacks were sickening. This one maybe more so since the girl was left with much worse injuries.

I didn't see any posts defending the attackers. Who would possibly defend 3 scumbags attacking a lone woman? Both attacks were sickening. This one maybe more so since the girl was left with much worse injuries.

My apologies, I thought you were referring to the George Nchenko thread.

I can imagine the reason that this thread is shorter is because there is no real "racism" element to this attack. It is just horrific.

The possibility of racism being a factor in the 3 scumbags attack is real, due to the recent events and the racial tension in the area. People get dragged into arguments and discussions around this, thus padding out post counts.

Your post implied that people care less when it's a white perpetrator. I think that's not only untrue, but has an element of race baiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

A juvenile pond rat has been arrested in connection to the assault,according to the wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I agree, however the other way is always "someone elses/the governments" fault.

No personal responsibility

What do you mean? Do you mean the criminal takes no personal responsibility? or are you talking about groups that whatever the scumbag might come from should take personal responsibility? I dont really get your point here.

What do you mean? Do you mean the criminal takes no personal responsibility? or are you talking about groups that whatever the scumbag might come from should take personal responsibility? I dont really get your point here.

I guess people who are fully dependent on the Government for their revenue, also blame them for all the ills in life.

As some have pointed on here, many of us (and our parents) came from working class backgrounds and worked hard to consistently provide for families and instill similar values in their children.

There are many who do not and will blame everyone and anyone for their ills, apart from themselves. However this is off topic.

This is attempted murder and I hope it is tried as such.

That pond rat is probably in a holding cell now demanding a smoke and a supermacs with the guards meeting their every entitled need.
    What a time to be alive

That pond rat is probably in a holding cell now demanding a smoke and a supermacs with the guards meeting their every entitled need.
    What a time to be alive

My personal opinion is that when you commit a crime, depending on the crime you "human rights" should be null and void.

Trying to take someone's life is a horrible crime. The punishment is way to soft on folks who commit these crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

This is what you get when you have scrotes with multiple convictions walking around freely on suspended sentences.

Ireland is too soft on these animals, too many sob stories about rough upbringings are entertained in our courts.

It's time to build facilities to lock these scumbags away and any legal council using the "bad upbringing, poor education, lack of opportunities" shtick should be locked up for being in contempt of court.

Nothing is ever their fault, it's societies fault that this woman was stabbed in the neck. Dean, or Lee or Jordan who stabbed her wasn't responsible, we were all holding the knife and forcing him to stab her because of whatever sob story his barrister will wheel out in court.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Biggest mystery for me is how a solicitor is able to walk in to a court room and talk absolute fcukin waffle in order to defend the likes of this defendant.
    How can they do that for a living and look themselves in the eye.
    My money is on the tough childhood,addiction,your honour.
    “Said pond rat has no recollection of the events”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement