Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman stabbed near IFSC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Biggest mystery for me is how a solicitor is able to walk in to a court room and talk absolute fcukin waffle in order to defend the likes of this defendant.
    How can they do that for a living and look themselves in the eye.
    My money is on the tough childhood,addiction,your honour.
    “Said pond rat has no recollection of the events”

Some of the solicitors involved in criminal defence in this country would make Saul Goodman look palatable.
    Slimy snakes of the lowest order.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

It has to be said but fair play to the Gardaí for catching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A juvenile pond rat has been arrested in connection to the assault,according to the wireless

6 months in Oberstown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

nullzero wrote: »
    Some of the solicitors involved in criminal defence in this country would make Saul Goodman look palatable.
    Slimy snakes of the lowest order.

I did a good bit of expert witness guff in 4 courts it's literally hell on earth

6 months in Oberstown

With only a flat screen TV and a playststaion for entertainment.

• Advertisement

I did a good bit of expert witness guff in 4 courts it's literally hell on earth

My ex worked IT in the four courts for a while. She said it made Shameless look tame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

I know it's a statistical anomaly more than anything but there must be more teenagers sent down for murder, manslaughter and attempted murder in the last five years than at any other period in our modern history.

Off the top of my head:

- "associate" of a well known crime figure sent down for stabbing a lad to death at Oliver Bond about 2015

- Boy A and Boy B in Leixlip

- the nutjob who tried to kill the girl in Dun Laoghaoire

- boy who stabbed the boy in Dundrum to death

- boy who stabbed another to death in Mayo, although he was 20 by the time sentencing came around

- fatal stabbing at Cork house party last year

And now this attempted murder.

A teenager is also suspected of playing a role in the Robbie Lawlor murder, though I can't recall if he was under 18, think he may have been though.

Some of the above mentioned have since been released, but by my count there must have been at least 6 murderers/ would be killers incarcerated in Oberstown at one time. It only had a capacity of 90 odd from memory, it's a pretty high figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I know it's a statistical anomaly more than anything but there must be more teenagers sent down for murder, manslaughter and attempted murder in the last five years than at any other period in our modern history.

Off the top of my head:

- "associate" of a well known crime figure sent down for stabbing a lad to death at Oliver Bond about 2015

- Boy A and Boy B in Leixlip

- the nutjob who tried to kill the girl in Dun Laoghaoire

- boy who stabbed the boy in Dundrum to death

- boy who stabbed another to death in Mayo, although he was 20 by the time sentencing came around

- fatal stabbing at Cork house party last year

And now this attempted murder.

A teenager is also suspected of playing a role in the Robbie Lawlor murder, though I can't recall if he was under 18, think he may have been though.

Some of the above mentioned have since been released, but by my count there must have been at least 6 murderers/ would be killers incarcerated in Oberstown at one time. It only had a capacity of 90 odd from memory, it's a pretty high figure.

When you see it in black and white it's stark to say the least.

What exactly can we do about it?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

There’s gangs of pond rats running feral in every village in Ireland and each of them thinking they are a cross between Eminem and mikeen Tyson or worse the clown Mc Gregor.
    We badly need more prisons and a few judges employed who aren’t afraid to slap the hammer and send them away. If they reoffend send them away for longer again.rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Biggest mystery for me is how a solicitor is able to walk in to a court room and talk absolute fcukin waffle in order to defend the likes of this defendant.
    How can they do that for a living and look themselves in the eye.
    My money is on the tough childhood,addiction,your honour.
    “Said pond rat has no recollection of the events”

It's their job? They are professionals?

In fairness it's an important job to be 100% committed to defending, otherwise the justice system would be a complete farce. It we predetermine guilt and offer defense conditional on the prejudice, then we might aswell not have a justice system.

• Advertisement

In fairness it's an important job to be 100% committed to defending, otherwise the justice system would be a complete farce. It we predetermine guilt and offer defense conditional on the prejudice, then we might aswell not have a justice system.

If it was the solicitors daughter or wife was stabbed by a pond rat,they wouldn’t be half as fast defending them.
    It boils down to money and the pond rat gets the whole lot on tick most of the time.maybe if they had to pay for solicitors they wouldn’t be as fast at reoffending

• Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

RTÉ said that they have a 14yo youth in custody. Stabbed that woman in the neck outside CHQ. She is originally from Mongolia, and is a cleaner that had just finished work in a nearby bank.

Remains in critical condition in ICU. I sincerely hope she makes a full, complete recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

A serious example needs to be made of this little scumbag it’s one thing to rob her for the money yeah but to then stab her in the neck is a whole other problem

A lot of young guys carrying knifes these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

With only a flat screen TV and a playststaion for entertainment.

Playstation 4 or 5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

There’s gangs of pond rats running feral in every village in Ireland and each of them thinking they are a cross between Eminem and mikeen Tyson or worse the clown Mc Gregor.
    We badly need more prisons and a few judges employed who aren’t afraid to slap the hammer and send them away. If they reoffend send them away for longer again.rinse and repeat.

We need better parents and local communities imo, a vague and lofty aspiration I admit but I think thats where the issues begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

And if said defendant has been convicted 10,20,30 times previously...... we just keep defending him/her yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Has anybody decided the genocide of everyone on social welfare is a reasonable solution yet or are they just hinting at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Playstation 4 or 5 ?

4 would be against the Geneva Covention

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

That pond rat is probably in a holding cell now demanding a smoke and a supermacs with the guards meeting their every entitled need.
    What a time to be alive

I doubt it, I'd say they were let out and the parents were in banging down the doors in the station, claiming harrassment and roaring abuse to get their little darling let out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

tom1ie wrote: »
    And if said defendant has been convicted 10,20,30 times previously...... we just keep defending him/her yeah?

Yes its your job. If you don't provide a robust defense then you have made the justice system weaker. You need to fight for your client no matter what, within the limits of the law.

If defenses are weak, then the judgement itself could be seen as weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Yes its your job. If you don't provide a robust defense then you have made the justice system weaker. You need to fight for your client no matter what, within the limits of the law.

If defenses are weak, then the judgement itself could be seen as weak.

Fair enough.
    So would you say the judgments are weak if people are allowed to commit crimes, then get let out, tens of times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

RTÉ said that they have a 14yo youth in custody. Stabbed that woman in the neck outside CHQ. She is originally from Mongolia, and is a cleaner that had just finished work in a nearby bank.

Remains in critical condition in ICU. I sincerely hope she makes a full, complete recovery.

Not doubt some free legal aid solicitors have defended this individual before to ensure they were free to try murder this woman .

They should be sent to jail along with this lowlife .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

It also sums up our country when hard working woman is brutally stabbed after her evenings work by scumbag who never worked a day in their life .

The knife attacker probably has more money than the woman he robbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

LuasSimon wrote: »
    It also sums up our country when hard working woman is brutally stabbed after her evenings work by scumbag who never worked a day in their life .

They are literally everywhere. North face jacket, Grey trousers and Nike runners usually in massive gangs and on electric scooters. They have absolutely no fear. Justice is gone as with law and order. These kids literally laugh in the faces of Gardaí / judges. Politicians don’t want to know either. The caucus race continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Glen Immal

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

Glen Immal wrote: »

It only stops by badgering your local TD. Everyone that is offended by the lenient sentences, ridiculous system etc... Needs to make as much noise as possible and to the right people. The squeaky hinge gets the oil.

There are loads of well funded NGOs making sure the perpetrator gets well treated, they are cash cows for the free aid legal system. If there isn't as much noise from the side of the victims it will never change.

It only stops by badgering your local TD. Everyone that is offended by the lenient sentences, ridiculous system etc... Needs to make as much noise as possible and to the right people. The squeaky hinge gets the oil.

There are loads of well funded NGOs making sure the perpetrator gets well treated, they are cash cows for the free aid legal system. If there isn't as much noise from the side of the victims it will never change.

You may aswell ask the local red squirrel to do something about it than ask a td.they’re all talk when they want votes and once they have them got they don’t want to know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

4 would be against the Geneva Covention
    Far from true.
    Irish prisons are extremely unpleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,863 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Glen Immal wrote: »
    There really isn't :(

If this 14yo did it...no doubt it will be the broken home...drugs etc defence...probably out before he has to see the inside of an adult prison.
    Depressing.

I also wish I had more faith in the gardai than I do.
    My own experience with a violent assault (I was slashed in the face with a Stanley knife by two hooded thugs while walking home at night, totally unprovoked) was not positive. They barely put in any effort when it came to cameras etc. I also lived literally beside a gardai station at the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

LuasSimon wrote: »

The point is here what has happened to our society that a 14 year old boy brutally attacked a lone woman on her own walking through the IFSC, stabs her with a knife in the neck where major veins/ arteries are located. Robbery being a motive? seems the level of violence used was shocking, was the suspect just randomly out cycling around the IFSC looking for a victim to stab?

A coward really picking on a lone woman walking on her own.

Hope he is charged with attempted murder, no doubt will be remanded to Oberstown when he is in court, will have all the usual background list of the modern feral teenager, broken home, parents on drugs, alcoholics, no one working in the family, suffers from ADHD, sever anxiety, has problems integrating, suffers from anti social behaviour personality.

Hope the victim pulls through.

On a seperate note I hope DCC dont proceed with this €27 million White water rafting facility for Georges Dock,IFSC.

The money should be used to increase security around the IFSC, CCTV, security lighting, security patrols.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/stabbing-dublin-gardai-child-blood-19679443

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement