Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 Euros Last Man Standing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tubbercowboy

Yeah, i'm lazy and didn't think too much about the rules at the start so i'll agree with whatever people are happy with but i'd prefer point hits to be minused from the monthly score. I personally will be just going about my business and won't ruin my overall rank taking hits chasing this league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Ok lads, I'm happy to leave the discussion going here until the next gameweek starts. As it is (we will be continuing with the original rules where you don't get penalized for hits at the start of each month).

As I said, I don't really care either way if it's changed. It's a small bit more work but I'm ok with that. It will need every single person on board to change it though. There will be no bending on that, as we are trying to change what was clearly in the rules from the beginning.

We already have one person happy to leave it as it was originally, and numerous others who haven't responded yet. If all get on board the idea of changing to deducting those hits manually at the start of each month, I'm ok with that.

Discuss away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

The main point of this to me would be if someone gains an unfair advantage over another, just because one knows when to make the transfers which wont impact the score and the other doesn't.

So, either, absolute clarity would be required for all to see on how to manipulate the team without impacting score, or calculate manually any hits to be added.

Either way Mc Bain has some work - good luck sir!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

There is absolute clarity, it’s on this thread and in the offical rules that McBain has posted here.

McBain made it clear in his first couple of posts about the quirk in the game so everyone should have been aware of it before signing up. I think it’s a stupid rule and should be done away with by the powers that be in fpl towers and personally i will be playing for OR but I don’t think we should be changing rules mid season. So my vote is it either changes this week or not at all.

I get where you're coming from Begby, but everyone should know the scoring system before we started. I pointedly posted images in the first couple of posts on this thread to show everyone where that loophole was at the beginning of each new month!! So tbf, nobody should be caught unaware!

I can't change any original rule unless there is unanimous acceptance of such a change. I'm ok with changing the points hits situation, but unless there's much more feedback on here over it in the next couple of days we will have to stick with it as it is.

• Advertisement

AdpRo wrote: »
    There is absolute clarity, it’s on this thread and in the offical rules that McBain has posted here.

McBain made it clear in his first couple of posts about the quirk in the game so everyone should have been aware of it before signing up. I think it’s a stupid rule and should be done away with by the powers that be in fpl towers and personally i will be playing for OR but I don’t think we should be changing rules mid season. So my vote is it either changes this week or not at all.

Would agree totally with all of that, especially the part that it's a stupid rule from the FPL lads themselves. They are well aware that lots of league are run with monthly prizes, so I don't know why they haven't the points hits built into the system.

I agree also, unless it changes this week with everyone on board, then it stays as is. I'm taking hits myself this week, but it's all about my OR also as I'm doing ok and I'm a rake of cash leagues this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Sorry, I didn’t see that in the original posts, if it’s there it’s there, it’s what we signed up to.

I’ll remove my objection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I see where objections are coming from tbh. Some people may be out of contention from main league mid way and could concentrate on this alone whereas others could be conservative and lose both. There could also be people with more than one team to play a different game with different teams (not saying there are mind, just saying it's a possibility)

So are we all good to go with McBain’s original suggestion as that would be the fair and right thing to do ?

So are we all good to go with McBain’s original suggestion as that would be the fair and right thing to do ?

I am willing to go with whatever majority decide. Easy either way.

• Advertisement

I am willing to go with whatever majority decide. Easy either way.

That seems to be the general consensus.

Should hopefully make life a lot easier for the administrator too which is good.

As I've said a few times in the last few days, as things stand the original rules have to stay in place. The only way that will change is if the other remaining 9 people in the competition besides myself agree to change it. It will not come down to a majority vote to change as that would not be fair, as the rules were always clear to everyone.

I have no problem at all if the rules change, a bit more work for me but thats ok. Tbh I almost hope everyone agrees to change it at this point!! As I can see people giving out about it in the future (even though I will reiterate, I pointedly put the transfer quirks in the original posts so everyone would be aware when signing up. Also mentioned it a few times since the start of this thread).

So this will be my last post on the issue. It will require all 9 other entrants to thank this post for the change to happen. Any less than 9 thanks and we go on as originally planned.

Please thank this post to change the rules if you wish. All points hits will be included in monthly totals from now on if 9 thanks are received for this post.

Deadline for this will be midday Saturday.

McBain11 wrote: »
    As I've said a few times in the last few days, as things stand the original rules have to stay in place. The only way that will change is if the other remaining 9 people in the competition besides myself agree to change it. It will not come down to a majority vote to change as that would not be fair, as the rules were always clear to everyone.

I have no problem at all if the rules change, a bit more work for me but thats ok. Tbh I almost hope everyone agrees to change it at this point!! As I can see people giving out about it in the future (even though I will reiterate, I pointedly put the transfer quirks in the original posts so everyone would be aware when signing up. Also mentioned it a few times since the start of this thread).

So this will be my last post on the issue. It will require all 9 other entrants to thank this post for the change to happen. Any less than 9 thanks and we go on as originally planned.

Please thank this post to change the rules if you wish. All points hits will be included in monthly totals from now on if 9 thanks are received for this post.

Deadline for this will be midday Saturday.

You gave the rules from the start but you have been very fair and given ample opportunity for discussion and change. Whatever happens you will hear no complaint from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Skreddy

Leave as is it pal. No need for the extra work McBain imo. Doing A Great Job Chief! Cheers Buddy

Skreddy wrote: »
    Leave as is it pal. No need for the extra work McBain imo. Doing A Great Job Chief! Cheers Buddy

I'm happy out to do the extra work, tbh it's only a few mins every month!

Most here are happy to change it. I'm very happy to change it. Be good to get you on board Skreddy ;-)

As I said though, 9 thumbs up from everyone to change the rules, or we stick with what we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Skreddy

I'm happy out to do the extra work, tbh it's only a few mins every month!

Most here are happy to change it. I'm very happy to change it. Be good to get you on board Skreddy ;-)

As I said though, 9 thumbs up from everyone to change the rules, or we stick with what we have.

Yep. Im Good To Go With Everyone. No Worries : )

Will bump this. Still a few lads shy of getting the rule changed regarding transfer hits. Please like the post above from myself at 11.53pm last night if you do want the rule changed.

Most people happy to change it at this point including myself, so let's get everyone on board if we can :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tubbercowboy

Thanked.
    Cheers McBain

As Skreddy is on board with the changes, that is 7 out of the 9 we need to proceed with the transfer hits rule changes.

I've sent PMs to Shane732 and Begbysback to try and get this over the line before tomorrow.

Ok lads, we have 7 thanks so far. Myself and Skreddy are also on board to make the change to the rules. So we are just waiting on Shane732 to get this done. I'm not sure if he checks in on this thread much, I've PMd him a couple of times, but does anyone know him or have an email address I could get in touch with him.

I'm very eager to get this change done, as I will be taking more points hits tonight on my FPL team.

Any help on the above will be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

Sorry but if we are almost all in agreement can you not just go ahead? This is my only league so I have more to gain than most in old rules but i believe in a level playing field so i think you have the consensus to go ahead. What if he doesn't log in till Tues and then says yeah lads, I am ok with it?

I agree Kathleen. Will tidy this up now to give people the night to do whatever suits their FPL teams.

As we have 9 out of 10 in agreement on changing the rule, I am going to go ahead and change the rule. ALL TRANSFER HITS ARE NOW IN PLAY AT ALL TIMES. I will tot up the totals at the end of the month manually, should be easy enough to do.

If there's any issue with that with Shane732 when he gets back to me, I will sort that out with him myself.

Best of luck to all, I'm taking a mini wildcard myself so will be down 12 points to begin with :D Best of Luck to all.

Any issues just throw them up here. Sorry for all the confusion around this!!!

well that 12 point hit may not have worked out as I'd have liked :pac:

Salah captain, VVD, so I'm now on minus 7 after 2 players. Worse again I transferred Mane out who for weeks I'd thought as a season keeper. I guess this was as much a mini meltdown as a mini wildcard!

If Aguero comes good today, I could be chasing shadows in this competition I'd say.

well that 12 point hit may not have worked out as I'd have liked :pac:

Salah captain, VVD, so I'm now on minus 7 after 2 players. Worse again I transferred Mane out who for weeks I'd thought as a season keeper. I guess this was as much a mini meltdown as a mini wildcard!

If Aguero comes good today, I could be chasing shadows in this competition I'd say.

:eek::eek::eek:

Indeed Kathleen. Indeed.

Mendy is killing me!

Just to note, Shane has replied and is happy with the change to the transfer hits rules. So all are aboard.

Best of luck to all. Just 2 gameweeks including today to the next elimination!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Who is AnLed? Basement dweller with myself although I think you had a -4 the first week and maybe someone had a -12?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ros1234

Rock Rovers here folks, I took a -4 the first week. Good luck to all this weekend.

Just looking ahead at the fixtures, December has 7 gameweeks! A lot of squad rotation I suppose around Xmas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement