Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 Euros Last Man Standing

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

It looks like we have our final 2. The Craggy Islanders (Adpro) and Rock Rovers (Ros1234)...

Unlucky to On me head son (Klopparama). It was a fierce contest and you were right in it until the last couple of matches of the month. Hopefully you're right up there in your other leagues as your OR and those of the 2 lads remaining are of the highest quality.

I will stick up the final scores for the month tomorrow at some stage. I like to wait until 24 hours after matches finish to make sure there is no glitch in the matrix :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ros1234

I needed 2 big weeks to stay in this league, last 2 week scores were 122(-4) BB played and 121(-4) Triple captain played on Mane, he was also the reason for the -4, selling Eriksen worked out well thankfully.
    Unlucky Klopparama, hope you're doing well in your other league's.

Very enjoyable playing in this league, in a standard monthly/overall league in work and a head to head league with lads from at home and all three league's are different but I couldn't say one was a better format than the others.

Thanks McBain for running it and best of luck to AdpRo in the final 2 weeks, your favorite with your triple captain still available!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Ros1234 wrote: »
    I needed 2 big weeks to stay in this league, last 2 week scores were 122(-4) BB played and 121(-4) Triple captain played on Mane, he was also the reason for the -4, selling Eriksen worked out well thankfully.

Very enjoyable playing in this league, in a standard monthly/overall league in work and a head to head league with lads from at home and all three league's are different but I couldn't say one was a better format than the others.

Thanks McBain for running it and best of luck to AdpRo in the final 2 weeks, your favorite with your triple captain still available!

Cheers Ros1234, best of luck to you as well. With only 2 GW's to count it will be a close run thing. The most I have ever gotten from the TC chip is 1 assist so I will need to get more this time in order for it to make a difference!

Agree about this league being very enjoyable and makes you think differently to other leagues, I've enjoyed it and will definitely be interested again next season. Thanks McBain for running it.

Ros1234 wrote: »

Fantastic turnaround by yourself.

Iirc I was about 40-50 points ahead of you after the first 2 GW’s of the month.

Did not see what happened coming. At all.

Well done and best of luck to both of you in ‘the final’.

Fantastic turnaround by yourself.

Iirc I was about 40-50 points ahead of you after the first 2 GW’s of the month.

Did not see what happened coming. At all.

Well done and best of luck to both of you in ‘the final’.

Ya, I was 44 behind after 2 weeks, I brought in Higuain the donkey instead of Vardy in GW30 but corrected that in my wildcard GW34, that killed me for the first 2 weeks of this month though.

• Advertisement

That's April finito. Just a couple of gameweeks left before we have our Last Man Standing Champion.

Unlucky Klopparama, and best of luck to Adpro and Ros1234 in the finale.

Final April tallies below :

The Craggy Islanders (AdPro) - 344

Rock Rovers (Ros1234) - 329

On me head son (Klopparama) - 304

Best of luck in the grand finale folks :-)

CraggyIslanders (Adpro) with a 13 point lead going into the final weekend over Rock Rovers (Ros1234).

Should be a cracking finish to the LMS. 550 euros on the line. Hope you both have loads of tactical tricks up your sleeves this weekend :-)

Again, best of luck to you both this weekend.

The potential is there for a tiebreak situation also, so please be aware of all tie breaker scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Great that it's close. It's been really exciting all along.

Best of luck to both lads today.

• Advertisement

Looks like I held on for the win despite my last minute change of TC from Mane to Salah. Auba had me sweating in the 2nd half.

Hard luck Ros1234, it was a close one. Thanks to McBain for coming up with the idea for this league and running it so well. I’ll definitely be back trying to defend it next season!

Yep, it looks like the Craggy Islanders (AdpRo) is the champion of the 2018/19 50 Euros Last Man Standing. Serious scrap all year long in this competition, so massive kudos to AdpRo for winning it out. You have had a superb season overall looking at your points total, hopefully you've managed to nick a few other prizes on top of this one.

Unlucky to Ros1234, again a brilliant season overall looking at your OR. Falling at the last hurdle is a tough one to take no doubt, and I hope you've picked up a prize or 2 in other leagues for your seasons efforts.

I will confirm the final standings tomorrow (as I like to let the dust settle on the FPL website scores!!).

AdpRo wrote: »
    Looks like I held on for the win despite my last minute change of TC from Mane to Salah. Auba had me sweating in the 2nd half.

Hard luck Ros1234, it was a close one. Thanks to McBain for coming up with the idea for this league and running it so well. I’ll definitely be back trying to defend it next season!

Congrads on the win AdpRo, you really finished strong fair play. My transfer of Shaw in for GW37 was a disaster but even if I went with Digne (50/50 call I got wrong) you would have probably still beat me, perhaps I should have captained Auba after bringing in this week but who knows, I can't complain as most of my 50/50 calls I did OK with.
    It was gas we both brought in Redmend this week too, Laporte was a constant thorn in my side too the last few months.
    Very enjoyable league, thanks Mcbain for running it.

Congrads again AdpRo, well played.

See ye all next year hopefully. A very good community here for the weekly decisions we have to make, thanks all.

Last Man Standing Final Scores

1st place - The Craggy Islanders (AdpRo) = 103 points

2nd place - Rock Rovers(Ros1234) = 88 points

Congratulations again to AdpRo. A very hard fought win over Ros1234

All monies have been sent on. Enjoy AdpRo :-)

Will probably run this again in the summer. If I do I will PM the 11 involved first and give them first preference on entering again. I thinking 15 runners next season. Would just mean that there and 4 months where the bottom 2 would be eliminated (I'd put these 4 months around mid season so everyone gets a good crack at it, with only 1 being eliminated in each if the first few months).

750 pot if we got the numbers. 1st place 500 2nd place 250...

Enjoy the off season folks :-)

McBain11 wrote: »
    Last Man Standing Final Scores

1st place - The Craggy Islanders (AdpRo) = 103 points

2nd place - Rock Rovers(Ros1234) = 88 points

Congratulations again to AdpRo. A very hard fought win over Ros1234

All monies have been sent on. Enjoy AdpRo :-)

Will probably run this again in the summer. If I do I will PM the 11 involved first and give them first preference on entering again. I thinking 15 runners next season. Would just mean that there and 4 months where the bottom 2 would be eliminated (I'd put these 4 months around mid season so everyone gets a good crack at it, with only 1 being eliminated in each if the first few months).

750 pot if we got the numbers. 1st place 500 2nd place 250...

Enjoy the off season folks :-)

Congratulations Craggy Islanders. Difficult job staying ahead of the posse for all those months. Well done McBain for a really enjoyable competition. Would love to be involved next year if you run it. Going to be a long Summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Skreddy

Well Done To The Winner! Thanks McBain for running! Very Enjoyable! If ur doing a €100 also, im sure u wud get 11 people. Cheers Bro!

Skreddy wrote: »
    Well Done To The Winner! Thanks McBain for running! Very Enjoyable! If ur doing a €100 also, im sure u wud get 11 people. Cheers Bro!

Just on this. I'd happily do a 100 euros one, but not a 100 euros one and a 50 euros one. Too much money to be minding.

I was gonna run the 50 euros with 15 runners next season, so a pot of 750. 1st and 2nd being paid out.

If the majority here want me to run a 100 euros one, I will. Or someone else can take it under their wing. If it was 100 with 11 runners. Pay out top 2 , say 800 1st 300 2nd. Thoughts?

Stick a thumbs up here if you fancy the 100 euros guys. If not I'll go back to the original 50 in July.

Just on this. I'd happily do a 100 euros one, but not a 100 euros one and a 50 euros one. Too much money to be minding.

I was gonna run the 50 euros with 15 runners next season, so a pot of 750. 1st and 2nd being paid out.

If the majority here want me to run a 100 euros one, I will. Or someone else can take it under their wing. If it was 100 with 11 runners. Pay out top 2 , say 800 1st 300 2nd. Thoughts?

Stick a thumbs up here if you fancy the 100 euros guys. If not I'll go back to the original 50 in July.

Ah yeah, stick to your plan, sounds great pal : ) looking forward to it : ) enjoy the summer all

So we are back in action already :-) jaysus that was a quick turnaround.

Will open a new thread with precise details later. 50 euros in. Don't know if there's any need to cap places, probably get 10 or so but doubt we'll get 20. If we do, are people ok with the bottom 2 dropping out most months?

Just say 11 players - 550 pot. Winner takes all like last season.

15 players - 750 pot. 1st 600 2nd 150.

20 players - 1000 pot. 1st 800 2nd 200

How does that roughly look? So that would be a 80/20 percentage split once we got past 12 players. How does that sound? The aim is obviously to get to 15 players as that's a decent split and payout I think.

Same as last year. All points hits will be taken into account.

Just throwing these out there before I open new thread with exact breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I'll do this for sure.

• Advertisement

Sounds good to me.

Edit - can you make thread title and league name the same ?

I’ll be repeating this in every thread but I’m not trying to annoy anyone.

Just trying to make it easy to see the league name in FPL relates to the relevant thread on boards.

Sounds good to me.

Edit - can you make thread title and league name the same ?

I’ll be repeating this in every thread but I’m not trying to annoy anyone.

Just trying to make it easy to see the league name in FPL relates to the relevant thread on boards.

Can do. Boards 50 Last Man Standing. This will be the title of both. Can't fit the euros in after the 50 on the fantasy site!! Twil do as is :-)

Count me in McBain, hopefully we'll get to 15 or 20 runners, the more the merrier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Ya count me in

Yep McBain, Im In. Cheers : )

Probably have you in my paypal from last year but can you remind me who to send payment to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'll be back

I'm also back to defend my title!

New thread here lads https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057992236

I will PM lads here who have registered an interest already.

Will hold spot for the 11 entries from last season until July 13th - 2 weeks time.

• Advertisement

New thread link posted above for new season.

Can I get a Mod to lock this thread to avoid confusion going forward. Thanks lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement