Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 year anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Hard to believe it's ten years; they've gone by so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Standing outside a pub when I heard. Wish I was standing outside a pub now.

Anyway, here comes the paedo discussion again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Shamone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

boselectajackson_paphotos_L50809-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,621 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

10 years. The perfect age.

A strange man who brought young boys into his bed.

Also a good singer and performer.

The latter doesn’t negate the former. The world shouldn’t miss people who act inappropriately (at best) with young children.

I’m okay with him being dead. No corpse can molest a child.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I still listen to his music, some absolute gems. If only people listened to the lyrics of Earthsong maybe we could have started to save this planet about 20 years ago :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

JayZeus wrote: »
    A strange man who brought young boys into his bed.

Also a good singer and performer.

The latter doesn’t negate the former. The world shouldn’t miss people who act inappropriately (at best) with young children.

I’m okay with him being dead. No corpse can molest a child.
    Ahem...
    thriller-eyes-337x400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Absolute legend one of the greatest entertainers of all time and what a catalogue of music he left behind.

I don't know anything about all the other stuff only that he was never found guilty in court so I won't comment on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Having watched the documentary film of him after he died, I'd say the concerts in London would have been Fantastic, regardless of what you think of him. The OH and the young lad had tickets to go and see one of the shows. He was devastated. He's a qualified primary school teacher now. Jeez, where did that 10 years go :eek:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If only people listened to the lyrics of Earthsong maybe we could have started to save this planet about 20 years ago :)

I think I'd rather catastrophic climate change than have to listen to that song ever again. I will admit I'm not a fan, but God I despise that song in particular.

I'm still pissed off at my sister for ruining my perfectly good sleep at approx 1am with "Michael Jackson is dead!"

It's been ten years and I know I should let it go, but what was she thinking?

As for Jackson, let him burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

The allegations against him are enough for me to never listen to his music again. Was never really a fan but would turn off the radio if one his tunes came on.
    No smoke without fire.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm still pissed off at my sister for ruining my perfectly good sleep at approx 1am with "Michael Jackson is dead!"

It's been ten years and I know I should let it go, but what was she thinking?

My wife and I were on our first holiday together when I picked up a really bad infection. I literally couldn't move and slept for two days solid. She was left in a hotel room in Barcelona with a very ill, fairly new boyfriend and one English language TV channel, Sky News. She was subjected to repeating loops of his funeral non-stop for hours on end. She still hasn't forgiven me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Wow, ten years ago.

Remember finding out he died right here on Boards, pretty much live at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

One of the great entertainers to ever walk the earth. It's a great shame how he was treated by society.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

correction wrote: »
    One of the great entertainers to ever walk the earth. It's a great shame how he was treated by society.

First sentence I agree with. Second sentence, not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭LordBasil

I'm a lifelong fan of MJ but I was unsettled by recent accusations and other things in the past but a lot of people who knew MJ personally said he was one of the nicest people they've ever known and maybe was too naiive for the modern world, so I generally give MJ the benefit of the doubt. I really don't think he was capable of doing those things.

As for LN, Robson and Safechuck have too many inconsistencies in both their stories and past behaviour/statements to make me believe them.

Regardless of what comes out in the future, MJ can never truly be cancelled because he left too big a mark on music and culture. I mean, for example, the dance routine in the 'Thriller' video is probably the most iconic dance in history, I don't think anything since has come close to matching it's impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,482 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

No smoke without fire.

Actually there is often smoke without fire when it comes to allegations of this type.

When you use that phrase you're basically saying 'all allegations are true and those accused are automatically guilty'

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭LordBasil

o1s1n wrote: »
    Actually there is often smoke without fire when it comes to allegations of this type.

When you use that phrase you're basically saying 'all allegations are true and those accused are automatically guilty'

Exactly!!!

My answer to that phrase is always 'Ever hear of a smoke machine?'

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Well, guilty until proven white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Didn't he marry the Presley women and she claimed he tried to **** in her mouth one night in bed in that book she wrote?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

10 years ago.

I remember the exact time too.

It was when the big hand touched the little hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Farrah Fawcett also died on this day ten years ago. My father was far more upset and surprised about that than Jackson! TMI, father, TMI. Ewwwwww.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Natasha Richardson's 10th anniversary is coming up as well

I don't know anything about all the other stuff only that he was never found guilty in court so I won't comment on that.

I take it you wont hear a bad word said about Jimmy Saville either then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

LordBasil wrote: »
    Exactly!!!

My answer to that phrase is always 'Ever hear of a smoke machine?'

Mighty Boosh fan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Well, people are free to believe what they want because thankfully the thought police don’t exist.

Advertisement