Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Got 200e item today. Bought on 30th April.
    Had to pay 27.50 vat and 14.50 fee to clear.
    Would have saved if I had bought on Amazon instead.

Got another China item. 3 items in 4 days. Limerick area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Got another China item. 3 items in 4 days. Limerick area.

That's good going. But notice my 2 deliveries in two days, were from joom, while there is no sign of deliveries from wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

I've ordered some stuff from aliexpress which I used before and it was fine.

But now I got zero things I ordered.

On most of them it is like on picture attached.

Meantime after a while I got some stuff I ordered from amazon.co.uk (that one was sent from China regardless saying that items were in UK) and some other orders from different online sellers.

Is there an issue locally with post ?

I know courier aren't quickest option as parcel from Bray to Tallaght took 8 days to reach destination.

Tom

I have a lot of packages ordered from China and I notice that most of the packages that are reliable and received the fastest are those that are sent by China Registered Air Mail post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just realised both my recent orders were from China post also. Has anyone here received theirs from Aliexpress standard post as rest of my orders are that method?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

What are the chances of getting this

Me thinks never

https://photos.app.goo.gl/P9zKTSrismLkob2W6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Big delay in my AliExpress deliveries, some never shipped and have been refunded others are at least a month overdue. But I'm happy to wait as it usually takes an age anyway, and by the time it gets here I've no idea what I ordered so get a nice surprise.

Same here. I have had two items recently which had to have the time extended by AliExpress to protect my money..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

FanadMan wrote: »
    Received a delivery from Aliexpress today. It was ordered end of Feb/beginning of March. But I had opened a dispute last week and had the money refunded. It was only a cheapo phone case. And with the current situation, I ordered two more from different sites. So if anyone wants a case for a Samsung A70 in a few months let me know :D

Did you send the refunded money back to the seller?
    They shouldn't be punished for An Posts attitude to mail from China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

bossdrum wrote: »

If I had any idea how to do this I would. I'm not a normal Ali user - mostly ebay/wish/banggood etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭whelzer

Small item sent 29th March, delivered today from Aliexpress.

It was 60-70% less than you'd pay here, but some wait!

whelzer wrote: »
    Small item sent 29th March, delivered today from Aliexpress.

It was 60-70% less than you'd pay here, but some wait!

What type of doing for you use. Was it AliExpress standard shipping or China post etc? Just wondering as I have lot of orders still not here since march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭PreCocious

bossdrum wrote: »

An Post's attitude is like so many other national postal administrations - they get paid a pittance to deliver Chinese mail because it is classed as an undeveloped country but yet it produces vast quantities of mail - see https://www.joc.com/regulation-policy/new-era-dawns-universal-postal-union_20200108.html

Apart from that I received an email from a company from which I'd ordered an item and they informed me that the mail service they use depends on being carried on passenger flights and due to restrictions this just wasn't happening and they would move to another type of service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,304 ✭✭✭✭muffler

According to the tracking details I have an item in the country since 14/05/2020 but when I enter the tracking number in An Post's site it yields nothing. So I went on to their live chat yesterday and asked for an update and this is what they (An Post) said...
    The tracking number provided does not show as having being accepted into the An Post network, If an enquiry is to be made against an international incoming item, it has to be lodged by the sender with their sending service as they are the original carrier and insurer of this item. I would advise that you contact the sender and inform them as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

In my experience it can be at portlaoise customs aka parcel mountain for weeks before its 'accepted in the an post network' not much point getting onto the sending network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭The Gardener

In my experience it can be at portlaoise customs aka parcel mountain for weeks before its 'accepted in the an post network' not much point getting onto the sending network.

Or months! My item from AliExpress arrived at "destination country" on April 3rd, still waiting. That must be some parcel mountain in Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭obi604

Why do they do this? Is it cause it’s low priority post and they just do the more important stuff in advance.

How or when do they decide to get round to these items?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

obi604 wrote: »
    Why do they do this? Is it cause it’s low priority post and they just do the more important stuff in advance.

How or when do they decide to get round to these items?

It's a passive aggressive policy to deter people from buying those low postage items from China.
    They legally have to deliver them eventually, but they string it out as long as they can.

They complain about how little they get paid for handling this mail..but the reality is they are grossly overpaid considering the service they provide.

Looks like not only from China, Greece as well:

Date & Time Location Status
    21/5/2020, 19:15:12 ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTER DEPARTURE FROM OUTWARD OFFICE OF EXCHANGE (--> IRELAND)
    21/5/2020, 19:06:03 ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTER ARRIVAL AT OUTWARD OFFICE OF EXCHANGE (--> IRELAND)
    21/5/2020, 11:20:51 ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTER ARRIVAL AT OUTWARD OFFICE OF EXCHANGE
    21/5/2020, 07:19:44 ATHENS SORTING CENTER DISPATCH LOADED (--> ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTER)
    21/5/2020, 02:48:33 ATHENS SORTING CENTER DISPATCH UNLOADED
    20/5/2020, 17:29:31 IOANNINA SORTING CENTER DISPATCH LOADED (--> ATHENS SORTING CENTER)
    20/5/2020, 14:20:54 IOANNINA SORTING CENTER DISPATCH CLOSED (--> ATHENS AIRMAIL CENTER)
    20/5/2020, 12:20:54 IOANNINA SORTING CENTER ITEM ARRIVED AT
    19/5/2020, 14:10:26 KATSIKA DISPATCH CLOSED (--> IOANNINA SORTING CENTER)
    19/5/2020, 12:06:12 KATSIKA ITEM PICK UP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I just had something arrive from Aliexpress that was shipped on 17th March.

On the tracking it was never updated past "Departed country of origin".

SachaJ wrote: »
    I just had something arrive from Aliexpress that was shipped on 17th March.

On the tracking it was never updated past "Departed country of origin".

What form of shipping did you use - AliExpress standard shipping or epacket/China post?

irishchris wrote: »
    What form of shipping did you use - AliExpress standard shipping or epacket/China post?

AliExpress Standard Shipping

This is my story. Going on since April 13th.

https://imgur.com/a/2ngpAKs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

Seems like all post from China has just ground to a halt since Feb as I have multiple orders from Ali from Feb, march, April and may and not one has turned up since an order I placed in Jan was delivered about 4 weeks ago!

Still waiting on older stuff, but yesterday got a joom delivery, took 2 months.

And today got a wish delivery of sd memory cards. Order date 21st May!

Jun 5, 2020 Arrived to destination country, IRL
    Jun 3, 2020 Sent out from transit hub, IRL
    May 28, 2020 Arrived at transit hub, IRL
    May 28, 2020 delivery to local courier, NLD
    May 27, 2020 Departure country customs, AMSTERDAM-NETHERLANDS, AMSTERDAM, NLD
    May 26, 2020 Arrive at Destination Transit Hub, NLD
    May 25, 2020 Depart from Departure Transit Hub, CHN China

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

I'm starting to receive stuff I've ordered more recently but the orders from aliexpress that I made before this thing kicked off are never going to arrive I'd say.

Things are definately picking up. 3 orders arrived on each of the last 3 days from Ali. Nothing for months before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I really hope you're right. Have 3 purchases from early March still in limbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

Good to hear, fair few items not arrived yet. Only got one item, which came last week. Still been so long that now it is like being a kid opening a lucky-bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BenF99

Hi guys
    Ordered some stuff off eBay about 16 days ago
    Coming from China and on yanwen tracking says “Dispatch PreAlert to Ireland, In Transit“ anyone know what this means and how long it’ll take
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BenF99 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Ordered some stuff off eBay about 16 days ago
    Coming from China and on yanwen tracking says “Dispatch PreAlert to Ireland, In Transit“ anyone know what this means and how long it’ll take
    Thanks

i would put it to the back of your mind if i were you and be happily surprised when they do arrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭whelzer

irishchris wrote: »
    What type of doing for you use. Was it AliExpress standard shipping or China post etc? Just wondering as I have lot of orders still not here since march

hey just seen this now... It was AliExpress Standard Shipping

I have other orders from around the same time, still not arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

Got stuff yesterday 10/6 that was shipped 21/4

still waiting for item that's been out for delivery since 27/3, luckily I got my money back on this

Got package today bought on 22/4. Still waiting for a 45euro March purchase from Ali. Can't raise dispute as I'm told it is still in transit.

• Advertisement

Got package today bought on 22/4. Still waiting for a 45euro March purchase from Ali. Can't raise dispute as I'm told it is still in transit.
    If it is 45 euro, customs may have it. You are only allowed 28 euro without getting hit. That is if they see it of course.

I just got part I ordered on 30th of May.
    Hooray but they sent wrong item and it doesn't work !

Still waiting for stuff from March but seller extended shipping protection to another 45 days !

I have two small value items arrived in Ireland on 1st June. Still awaiting delivery.

I have two small value items arrived in Ireland on 1st June. Still awaiting delivery.
    I'll see your 1st June and raise you 14th May :)

Strange one. An item I ordered from Ali on 4 April arrived in this country on 14 May according to Ali and also tracking info. An Post (as ever) say they have no record of it. I contacted Ali about a week ago and the automated response was to wait until 4 July and if I still hadnt received the item to raise a claim for a refund. I also contacted the seller but got no response.

However just this morning I received 2 emails in relation to that order. First email stated that the latest delivery date and also the buyer protection scheme had been extended to 14 July. Then the second email stated that my order had been shipped....this is the same item/order that was shipped in April and arrived here (allegedly) on 14 May :confused:

Maybe its a replacement thats being sent or maybe they were just telling porkies for the last couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

"... Then the second email stated that my order had been shipped....

I've had to extend purchase protection a few times, this email is always sent too.

I've had two items (from late March)automatically extended this week, I'd say news of an post delays have filtered back to China

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Made an order April 11th. Its currently listed for delivery on the 18th June.

Fingers crossed! (Low value item).

Here is my story !

May 20, 2020 12:29pm
    YOUR SHIPMENT HAS ARRIVED AT THE POSTAL OPERATOR OF THE COUNTRY OF DESTINATION AND WILL BE DELIVERED IN THE COMING DAYS.

May 9, 2020 6:16am
    DEPARTURE TO COUNTRY OF DESTINATION

May 8, 2020 10:50am
    PARCEL IS HANDLED

May 6, 2020 7:45pm
    Import customs clearance completed

May 6, 2020 1:58am
    Destination Port Arrival

May 5, 2020 2:15am
    Departure from origin country

Apr 23, 2020 10:25pm
    Export customs declaration completed

Apr 22, 2020 10:27am
    Regional distribution center departed
    DONGGUAN, GUANGDONG

Apr 21, 2020 2:26am
    Regional distribution center arrived
    DONGGUAN, GUANGDONG

Apr 21, 2020 12:25am
    Consolidation facility departed
    DONGGUAN, GUANGDONGSHENG

Apr 21, 2020 12:15am
    Consolidation facility arrived
    DONGGUAN, GUANGDONGSHENG

Apr 20, 2020 5:44pm
    Package received (Customer Service email: CS@orangeconnex.com)

Apr 19, 2020 4:25pm
    Shipment data received

Apr 13, 2020 2:33am
    Tracking number provided

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Ordered a few cheap phone covers off AliExpress the end of February, I'd given up on them ever arriving but they showed up this morning.

There might be hope yet for some of the other stuff I ordered on AliExpress months ago.

muffler wrote: »
    Strange one. An item I ordered from Ali on 4 April arrived in this country on 14 May according to Ali and also tracking info. An Post (as ever) say they have no record of it. I contacted Ali about a week ago and the automated response was to wait until 4 July and if I still hadnt received the item to raise a claim for a refund. I also contacted the seller but got no response.

However just this morning I received 2 emails in relation to that order. First email stated that the latest delivery date and also the buyer protection scheme had been extended to 14 July. Then the second email stated that my order had been shipped....this is the same item/order that was shipped in April and arrived here (allegedly) on 14 May :confused:

Maybe its a replacement thats being sent or maybe they were just telling porkies for the last couple of months.
    So I got another email in relation to the same order advising that it had arrived in the country. Based on yesterdays email that was super fast as it was only shipped 24 hours ago :D

However the item was delivered in this morning's post. Weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

KAGY wrote: »
    "... Then the second email stated that my order had been shipped....

I've had to extend purchase protection a few times, this email is always sent too.

I've had two items (from late March)automatically extended this week, I'd say news of an post delays have filtered back to China

hOw do you extend purchase protection.
    Ive been waiting for stuff from China for 3 months now. One or two things arrived about a month ago. Im told customs are just sitting on it all.
    If you order via parcel motel you get it in about 2 - 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

JimmyVik wrote: »
    hOw do you extend purchase protection.
    Ive been waiting for stuff from China for 3 months now. One or two things arrived about a month ago. Im told customs are just sitting on it all.
    If you order via parcel motel you get it in about 2 - 3 weeks.

sometimes the seller will do it themselves but if they dont contact the seller and ask them. they are normally happy to oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

Just got something today ordered in April, but noticing less and less delivery options for Ireland. Still available for UK, but.

I arrived home today to find 5 packages delivered , all March and April orders.
    Others which are supposedly in Ireland two weeks now are still not delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Was chatting to my postman today, he said things from China are starting to come through now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement