Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile 3g - Anyone having Problems

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

gripcasey wrote: »
    Hi Paul

For the last week i cant send text messages, i can receive them ok. its driving me mad.
    I am using a Vodafone 845 unlocked for the last 6 months with no problems until now.
    Any ideas.

Pat

Hi Pat

Send me a private message with your number and I will check.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

gripcasey wrote: »
    Hi Paul

For the last week i cant send text messages, i can receive them ok. its driving me mad.
    I am using a Vodafone 845 unlocked for the last 6 months with no problems until now.
    Any ideas.

Pat

Did you check you've not accidentally messed up your SMSC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Well it's good to see this thread is still flying along. I just switched back to Tesco mobile 3G. Same phone etc... that started this thread off. The conspiracy theorist in me has a suspicion that after all this time everything will work just fine.

Hi Paul,

I will need the 3g settings to get internet started is that possible.

Dave

Hi Pirelli,
    Think you will find data working very well now. For Internet all you need is the APN tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    Regards
    Paul
    pirelli wrote: »
    Well it's good to see this thread is still flying along. I just switched back to Tesco mobile 3G. Same phone etc... that started this thread off. The conspiracy theorist in me has a suspicion that after all this time everything will work just fine.

Hi Paul,

I will need the 3g settings to get internet started is that possible.

Dave

Our website has an automated phone settings tool also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I bought credit for my phone on Thursday night and still have not received my bonus credit. This has never happened before as the bonus credit is usually applied almost immediately upon activating the voucher.

Hi Gyalist, I will check into this can you PM me your number regards Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Hi Gyalist, I will check into this can you PM me your number regards Paul

Thanks for looking into this so quickly. Excellent customer service!

Hi Pirelli,
    Think you will find data working very well now. For Internet all you need is the APN tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    Regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul.

Everything is working perfectly. Seems it was all Tesco's fault and not my phone.

02 just rang me today to try and get me to switch back to 02. They offered me 280 euro credit.

Of the 280 euro, it is simply the same deal I already had with them. You must top up by 20 euro every month and you get either free calls or texts and i think 20 euro free credit. So it's not actually free credit by any means. You have to pay for it.

I can get this and cheaper call rates with Tesco using their double top Up and 02 are so expensive.

What is Tesco offering deal wise to keep my custom. I mean 280 euro is not a bad offer even if it is over 12 months and basically a credit bonus. :) O2 do have the two offers i.e free o2 calls or free texts if you top up by so much.

Hi Pirelli,

Thanks, yes we did have issues when you first started this thread that are now resolved. We don't offer individual incentives like you have outlined below. Our rates are lower and available to everyone.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul.

Everything is working perfectly. Seems it was all Tesco's fault and not my phone.

02 just rang me today to try and get me to switch back to 02. They offered me 280 euro credit.

Of the 280 euro, it is simply the same deal I already had with them. You must top up by 20 euro every month and you get either free calls or texts and i think 20 euro free credit. So it's not actually free credit by any means. You have to pay for it.

I can get this and cheaper call rates with Tesco using their double top Up and 02 are so expensive.

What is Tesco offering deal wise to keep my custom. I mean 280 euro is not a bad offer even if it is over 12 months and basically a credit bonus. :) O2 do have the two offers i.e free o2 calls or free texts if you top up by so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Thanks Paul.

My mother fell for this o2 marketing crap.she ported back to o2 last month still has not got free texts /calls didnt get the promised €20 free top up they were supposed to give and to top it all off the o2 website won't let people who port back to o2 register with them again i would avoid to be honest they are ripping people off alot of people TBH !!:P

Tesco network down today!

My phone has no coverage. First time since I switched back.

jay93 wrote: »
    My mother fell for this o2 marketing crap.she ported back to o2 last month still has not got free texts /calls didnt get the promised €20 free top up they were supposed to give and to top it all off the o2 website won't let people who port back to o2 register with them again i would avoid to be honest they are ripping people off alot of people TBH !!:P

You have to periodically satisfy their conditions to get it.

Hi Pirelli

We had no reports of an outage yesterday. Can you let me know by PM some details.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

paul i bought the 1 month data package this month. i thought i was allowed to carry forward unused data allowance from the previous month? my balance is showing 1024 mb.

can you check this for me? cheers.

emo72 wrote: »
    paul i bought the 1 month data package this month. i thought i was allowed to carry forward unused data allowance from the previous month? my balance is showing 1024 mb.

can you check this for me? cheers.

Hi Emo,

To extend and keep the unused balance you have to buy the new bundle before the first expires. If the bundle expires for time reasons the balance is also expired.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 43 fatb0y

logonmar wrote: »
    Tried again a few times but nothing happens when I enter this string & press Call

Hopefully you have already figured this out by now, but I just finally setup voicemail on my iPhone 4 which I recently switched over to Tesco mobile, so if its of any help...

*5005*86*171# links the voicemail icon (bottom right on the iPhone phone app) to the voicemail number for Tesco which is 171

However to setup your number so that the caller is diverted to voicemail if you do not answer/out of coverage/busy, you need to follow Tesco Mobile: Paul's instructions. I used the following which is the simplest way of doing it:

Type *004*+3538x5xxxxxxx# and press call

notice the 5 in the above format is important as it indicates your voicemail box. As an example, if your mobile number is 0871234567 then type the following and press Call

*004*+3538751234567#

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Any word of Tesco Mobile matching Meteor's price for calling UK mobiles? Meteor charge 10c per minute, Tesco Mobile charge 20c per minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Is anyone having problems with reception on the tesco network?

I am realising I am having issues after the fact, ie I will notice my phone signal is ok, then when i talk to someone later in the day they will say they tried to ring me but could not get through?? I am at home and have not had issues with reception at home.

I just rang my mobile from a landline a few minutes ago and i got a message that the network was busy, even though my phone was beside me and i could see it had full signal strength!

From what i have been told by people trying to get through to me, it seems this has been going on for only the past month or 2.

Is there an issue with other peoples signal/ability to get or make calls?
    I have been reasonable happy with tesco up till now, but if i cant get or make calls then I'm outta here.

Paul???

Merch wrote: »
    Is anyone having problems with reception on the tesco network?

I am realising I am having issues after the fact, ie I will notice my phone signal is ok, then when i talk to someone later in the day they will say they tried to ring me but could not get through?? I am at home and have not had issues with reception at home.

I just rang my mobile from a landline a few minutes ago and i got a message that the network was busy, even though my phone was beside me and i could see it had full signal strength!

From what i have been told by people trying to get through to me, it seems this has been going on for only the past month or 2.

Is there an issue with other peoples signal/ability to get or make calls?
    I have been reasonable happy with tesco up till now, but if i cant get or make calls then I'm outta here.

Paul???

Hi Merch, no issues that I am aware of but I am away from the office for a few days. Can you please contact customer care on 0894200000 and they will check into this for you. regards Paul

Ok thanks for the reply, I will call them as I have had a call dropped today.
    As long as the service is good/ok then i am happy with it but I am thinking of changing due to the issues I seem to be having now.

• Advertisement

Merch wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the reply, I will call them as I have had a call dropped today.
    As long as the service is good/ok then i am happy with it but I am thinking of changing due to the issues I seem to be having now.

Can to Pm me with your number and location. I will have the tech guys check to see if there is anything we are unaware of.

I've already called 1749,they made a suggestion to connect to tesco network manually and i will see if that hopefully sorts the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Hi Paul,

I am having some trouble setting up a 3G router with a tesco mobile sim with a data bundle.
    I need the following
    • username
    • password
    • authentication method
    • phone number
    • APN

I have come across all of the above except the phone number required, any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi Paul,

I am having some trouble setting up a 3G router with a tesco mobile sim with a data bundle.
    I need the following
    • username
    • password
    • authentication method
    • phone number
    • APN

I have come across all of the above except the phone number required, any ideas?

Thanks.

All you need is tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com for the APN - all other values can be left blank

regards
    Paul

hi paul, thanks from the quick reply, unfortunately the router firmware won't let me attempt connecting without a phone number.

hi paul, thanks from the quick reply, unfortunately the router firmware won't let me attempt connecting without a phone number.

Is this number for smsc or dialup? Is there any help description on the field

The phone number is *99# its the same for all USB dongles.

I can use my Tesco sim in multiple modems no problems at all let me know if the dial up number works for you:)

Got it working. Turns out the dongle was locked, so once I got it unlocked and then used that number it worked straight away, thanks Paul and Jay93.

No problem jimmy good to hear that you got it working :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tall chapy

Hi Paul
    I bought a data bundle the other day and I am still unable to connect.
    Used the http://www.tescomobile.ie/phonesettings.aspx and received no text.
    I have been on to customer service, quick response but very little on the solution end of things. They tried to text the setting to me and I still have no received them.
    Tried setting it up manually using some of the setting here still nothing and the clock is ticking on my 30 day data bundle.

Advertisement