Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rolandinho

One part has me worried. Penalty points

One of the things said any endorsements or penalty points must be declared - but they will not automatically disqualify you from the process.

Having 6 isint great. All due to be gone at the end of this year or beginning middle next year. I dont remember the dates of them being applied.

Will find out though

In saying that i can see why dublin bus are still looking for drivers with the amount of applicants they get.

Some.look like they need to retire next week, some can bearly speak english. Some cannot follow simple instructions and some came dressed in their best tracksuits and nike runners. It really was like doing a junior certificate with the way some behaved

I mustve being the only person wearing a tie.

But anyway we'll go on with it and see what happens !

They said we'll find out if we move to the next step or not in the next 2 weeks.

Hi there !

I was wondering ,did youm get the job with those 6 penalty points? Because i have 3 for speeding on M8. Would that disqualify me from getting the job ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Applied about a 3/4 weeks ago have written accesment Sat 6th June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Applied about a 3/4 weeks ago have written accesment Sat 6th June.
    Best of luck.
    Just finished training. Out to depot on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Sisco14

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Best of luck.
    Just finished training. Out to depot on Tuesday.
    Which depot r u going?

Sisco14 wrote: »
    Which depot r u going?
    D'brook

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Sisco14

D'brook

1 or 2? I'm in d1, big garage but wouldn't move!!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭frankyboy1986

Anyone know what way appointment works? I started in Training centre middle of may 2014 went to depot start of june 2014. is it true that I may have to wait til end of June/ early july to be appointed a full 6 weeks atleast after my year is up?

Sisco14 wrote: »
    1 or 2? I'm in d1, big garage but wouldn't move!!
    D1. Looking forward to it.

Anyone know what way appointment works? I started in Training centre middle of may 2014 went to depot start of june 2014. is it true that I may have to wait til end of June/ early july to be appointed a full 6 weeks atleast after my year is up?
    As far as I know. You're appointed after you've been there 12 months and the 12 months started the day you started training. Get on to your depot manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

As far as I know. You're appointed after you've been there 12 months and the 12 months started the day you started training. Get on to your depot manager.

The 12 months is from the day you start in the depot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Are Dublin bus still doing the internship for drivers? Basically they put u through your license with a view to being their employee long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Are Dublin bus still doing the internship for drivers? Basically they put u through your license with a view to being their employee long term.

There may be talk of that happening but for female only apparently

but it's just a rumour so thread carefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

There may be talk of that happening but for female only apparently

but it's just a rumour so thread carefully

I doubt they could do that just for females ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

cdebru wrote: »
    I doubt they could do that just for females ?

The rumor is the EU have been on to them over equality in the work place as there are too many male employees over female and they are been pushed to fix that.

I had the written assessment today. I think I ****ed up on the accident report :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Rolandinho wrote: »
    I had the written assessment today. I think I ****ed up on the accident report :/

Don't worry about that too much. They're looking for your ability to convey a story through clarity in your handwriting. You don't even necessarily need to have finished it.

Thanks man. You cheered me up a bit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

Does anyone have any insight into the driving assessment? What does it involve - is it similar to the licence test? Cheers for any help. Just passed my test a couple of months ago on a manual coach so am a little apprehensive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Does anyone have any insight into the driving assessment? What does it involve - is it similar to the licence test? Cheers for any help. Just passed my test a couple of months ago on a manual coach so am a little apprehensive...

Don't need manual as all auto now.

It will be done similar to your driving test but they want smooth safe driving.

Its all about mirrors, smooth acceleration, braking and how well you are at reading the road ahead for obstacles and potential hazards such as people stepping out, cyclists, children that may run out etc etc. People behind cars or vans etc and also those that will swing to door open when you are right on top off them.

You basically need to have a 6th sense and be a little pyhsycic.

Don't need manual as all auto now.

It will be done similar to your driving test but they want smooth safe driving.

Its all about mirrors, smooth acceleration, braking and how well you are at reading the road ahead for obstacles and potential hazards such as people stepping out, cyclists, children that may run out etc etc. People behind cars or vans etc and also those that will swing to door open when you are right on top off them.

You basically need to have a 6th sense and be a little pyhsycic.

Cheers. I thought as much but just wanted to be sure. I haven't driven a bus since end of April so here's hoping I get a couple of minutes to familiarise myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 threegreen

Cheers. I thought as much but just wanted to be sure. I haven't driven a bus since end of April so here's hoping I get a couple of minutes to familiarise myself!

It might be a good idea to hire a bus off a driving school for an hour just to get back into the mode. Before they take you out to assess you they give you 10 mins to drive around the yard and get a feel for the bus. As said above, use your mirrors lots and let them see that. Take your time and smooth acceleration and braking. And another key word they want is safety safety and safety. The assessors ate really nice guys so you'll be put at ease. Good luck.

threegreen wrote: »
    It might be a good idea to hire a bus off a driving school for an hour just to get back into the mode. Before they take you out to assess you they give you 10 mins to drive around the yard and get a feel for the bus. As said above, use your mirrors lots and let them see that. Take your time and smooth acceleration and braking. And another key word they want is safety safety and safety. The assessors ate really nice guys so you'll be put at ease. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I only learnt in a coach so I'm guessing it might be quite different but the safety aspects are going to be the same along with the length. Will be hyper vigilant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ellablack

Thanks for the advice. I only learnt in a coach so I'm guessing it might be quite different but the safety aspects are going to be the same along with the length. Will be hyper vigilant!

Hey

Have a driving assessment too, did my written exam on the 6 June was fine not to hard at all. Let's hope the next steps are as we'll, I will have grey hair at the end of this;)

Ellablack wrote: »
    Hey

Have a driving assessment too, did my written exam on the 6 June was fine not to hard at all. Let's hope the next steps are as we'll, I will have grey hair at the end of this;)

I know what you mean - it has to be one of the longest recruitment processes. Kind of like the Apprentice! I was there on the 6th myself too - wasn't what I expected at all

dubpeter wrote: »
    Hey lads. Does any one know if the medical can be appealed. I didnt fall down on any of the issues on the day, weight hearing or any of the other tests. It was when they looked into my history, which i might add is history...

what does it mean 'my history?' because i have a medical and now you made me little bit worried

Rolandinho wrote: »
    what does it mean 'my history?' because i have a medical and now you made me little bit worried

Hey, did you have your driving test and interview yet?

Does anyone know of what is tested in the medical by any chance?

Does anyone know of what is tested in the medical by any chance?

Everything.

Blood, urine, heart monitor, blood pressure etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

I'm heading up for a medical next week. Just wondering where's the easiest and handiest place to get parking. Ps, sorry if that's slightly off topic. Thanks.

j_mo wrote: »
    I'm heading up for a medical next week. Just wondering where's the easiest and handiest place to get parking. Ps, sorry if that's slightly off topic. Thanks.

anywhere close to O'Connell st.

• Advertisement

thanks punisher5112.

thanks punisher5112.

No probs.

Depending on time you could park on Gardener st.
    In behind easons, on the street up at Parnell square.

No probs.

Depending on time you could park on Gardener st.
    In behind easons, on the street up at Parnell square.

My medical is for 11:20 so I don't know would that make much of a difference?

My medical is for 11:20 so I don't know would that make much of a difference?

That's a grand time out of peak traffic no problem getting parking so.
    Best of luck.

Hey, did you have your driving test and interview yet?

Heya..

yes i did..i passed..have a medical on wednesday..what about you ?

I know this might sound stupid, but does anyone know what you're meant to wear to the medical? Is it formal or casual? I was guessing casual, but don't want to rock up like a lemon if everyone else is shirt and trousers! Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭LastStop

I know this might sound stupid, but does anyone know what you're meant to wear to the medical? Is it formal or casual? I was guessing casual, but don't want to rock up like a lemon if everyone else is shirt and trousers! Cheers

Wear whatever you like.

LastStop wrote: »
    Wear whatever you like.

I thought as much but always best to be sure! Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

Some clean jocks!!

• Advertisement

Tickityboo wrote: »
    Some clean jocks!!

Intrusive are they? 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lon01

Hello guys.

I sent application form at 13 of June and i'm still waiting for any answer from DB.
    Did someone send application in similar period and get any answer?
    I should wait or maybe start looking for a different job? :]

Lon01 wrote: »
    Hello guys.

I sent application form at 13 of June and i'm still waiting for any answer from DB.
    I should wait or maybe start looking for a different job? :]

I found it was a pretty long wait alright. It seems to depend as they do interviews in waves. I personally didn't hear anything for about a month

Lon01 wrote: »
    Hello guys.

I should wait or maybe start looking for a different job? :][

you should wait at least a month.
    Summer period can slow down things even more.

quick question : i have read here before that on the medical they exam blood and urine.
    Can anyone tell me why the blood wasnt taken in my case? cheers

Can anyone tells if you can park your car at the phisboro School ? It says on the letter that you can't.

• Advertisement

Can anyone tells if you can park your car at the phisboro School ? It says on the letter that you can't.

You kinda answered your own question there. If you park where your not supposed to you'll get your ass clamped!!

You can park in Broadstone down the very back....

You can park in Broadstone down the very back....

That's true but you need permission first.

threegreen wrote: »
    That's true but you need permission first.

If in training school and in uniform its fine but just make sure to park down near the back as at the front is bus eireann only

Thanks for that. Think I bus it first and ask if I can for the next days I'm there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement