Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk and Dairy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Pathetic response to animal cruelty. Not surprised it doesn’t upset you.

Simply pointing out the truth and spin of your regular hate filled rants against farmers Klopp. 'Pathetic'.

And nobody I know supports 'cruelty' klopp. If I witnessed cruelty I'd report it and not make a video to make "Mooonnnneeeyyyyyy" from it. :mad:

Sixty eight million he earns from his videos etc. Nice money whilst doing nothing about it eh.

Horrific we have feckers who do nothing other than actually mke money out of flogging **** like this and othes who lap it up eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Milk and Dairy = yummy.

Milk and Dairy = yummy.

Will preserve that post.

gozunda wrote: »
    Simply pointing out the truth and spin of your regular hate filled rants against farmers Klopp. 'Pathetic'.

I support animal 'cruelty' klopp.

So if you take my care and consideration of animals to be hate filled them I’m at a loss.

If that is you’re true conclusion then that’s sad. I don’t think it is genuine though. I think you’re hurt. I think this forum pains you so much you spend a lot of time in here defending the actions of those that harm helpless animals.

That would encourage me to think that you support animal cruelty. That’s pretty sick.

You come across a quite the sick pup that supports animal cruelty.

I don’t think I’ll interact again with you. You’re support of animal cruelty is just sickening to me.

I fixed your post to reflect what I hear.

Over and out !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭emaherx

So if you take my care and consideration of animals to be hate filled them I’m at a loss.

If that is you’re true conclusion then that’s sad. I don’t think it is genuine though. I think you’re hurt. I think this forum pains you so much you spend a lot of time in here defending the actions of those that harm helpless animals.

That would encourage me to think that you support animal cruelty. That’s pretty sick.

You come across a quite the sick pup that supports animal cruelty.

I don’t think I’ll interact again with you. You’re support of animal cruelty is just sickening to me.

Over and out !

From your posts you come across as someone who enjoys the prospect that some animals may be abused, which is a bit weird.

As for hate filled rants, your little rant about how most of the farmers you grew up with were "uneducated and not up to much anyway" was filled with spite. I'm shocked that no mod pulled you up over that, if similar was said about vegans or any other group of people then mods would have been all over it. I'd say your proud as punch of it, but in reality only showed you up for who you really are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

emaherx wrote: »
    Nope, not the norm here by any stretch of the imagination. But why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Nearly 30,000 calves were slaughtered last year after they reached ten days of age, according to RTÉ's Ear to the Ground” 2019 article in the Irish examiner.

The huge numbers of unwanted male calves born in Ireland are one of the unintended consequences of the major push to expand the nation’s profitable dairy herd with the end of EU quotas in 2015.

From your posts you come across as someone who enjoys the prospect that some animals may be abused, which is a bit weird.

As for hate filled rants, your little rant about how most of the farmers you grew up with were "uneducated and not up to much anyway" was filled with spite. I'm shocked that no mod pulled you up over that, if similar was said about vegans or any other group of people then mods would have been all over it. I'd say your proud as punch of it, but in reality only showed you up for who you really are.

I’m sorry if that offended you but I can only speak to my experiences.

The one that did make it out of the cycle made it fairly big in retail so there’s hope for all yet. He’s managing a stand alone Dunnes Stores the last I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

The qwerty keyboard. Brought to you by the brain tissue evolved through the power of meat and dairy.

I’m sorry if that offended you but I can only speak to my experiences...

No one is 'offended' Klopp. They're simply pointing out the bile of your comments.

"Over and out"? Still ranting and raving and attacking posters?

Well thats because you only seem to hear and see what you want klopp.

So not content with posting highly edited videos created by someone worth $68 million in an effort to push yet more hate filled rants against others

You've now take to altering and misrepresenting of other posters comments on here...

Well that's not a surprise. More of the same.
    Well what's new klopp.

Its not really surprising that other vegxns have said on this thread that you dont represent them.
    Embarrassing comments for you

And to requote a part of you last hate filled rant

"You come across a quite the sick pup"... that enjoys watching and sharing videos of animal cruelty. And yes thats 'pathetic'.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Nearly 30,000 calves were slaughtered last year after they reached ten days of age, according to RTÉ's Ear to the Ground” 2019 article in the Irish examiner.

The huge numbers of unwanted male calves born in Ireland are one of the unintended consequences of the major push to expand the nation’s profitable dairy herd with the end of EU quotas in 2015.

I don't for one second support the practice. But still not the norm 30,000 out of 2 million calves register is too many but not representative of most dairy farms.

• Advertisement

I’m sorry if that offended you but I can only speak to my experiences.

The one that did make it out of the cycle made it fairly big in retail so there’s hope for all yet. He’s managing a stand alone Dunnes Stores the last I heard.

It's totally disgusting way to refer to another human being. I'm glad you managed to find one smart one though, but can't say it makes the comment any less cruel and you claim to be against cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Tilikum17 wrote: »

Not just expansion but a flawed breeding policy. This is wrong, no question and no doubt.
    These are pure dairy genetic merit calves and it’s impossible to rear them to beef without losing a heap of money(they won’t even come close to breaking even).
    They shouldn’t be bred and the the answer is simple. A reasonably robust traditional type cow with some beef merit.

And my disdain isn’t just based on the time of Life of slaughter but the waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The small dairy farms that ive seen in west of ireland dont slaughter calves.
    They dont focus on usingvthe calves as replacement milkers and so use breeds that produce a calf with some value, male or female. The calves are actually a big part of the farm income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KennisWhale

auspicious wrote: »
    When posting here on the vegan forum all posters should respect the overarching tenet that is animal products are unnecessary to survive in the contemporary.

I'm new to the forum but I don't understand why there is so much pro-animal agriculture in it. Particularly, pro-meat posting. The common theme to vegans and vegetarians is that we are all anti-meat. I am doing a sweep of this thread now to report the posts which are pro meat. Hopefully the mods can take a hard line. There is after all a farming forum.

Milk and Dairy = yummy.

Bad for the erection though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

I'm new to the forum but I don't understand why there is so much pro-animal agriculture in it. Particularly, pro-meat posting. I am doing a sweep of this thread now to report the posts which are pro meat. Hopefully the mods can take a hard line. There is after all a farming forum.

Meat and Dairy= cruelty

The experts in the subject matter joined the discussion and now to be fair I feel a little hurt by your intolerance.

I'm new to the forum but I don't understand why there is so much pro-animal agriculture in it. Particularly, pro-meat posting. I am doing a sweep of this thread now to report the posts which are pro meat. Hopefully the mods can take a hard line. There is after all a farming forum.

Taking a guess - I reckon it's an ongoing discussion on a thread which attempts to denigrate farmers and farming. Are others not allowed to comment on that? Or does freedom of expression only work for select groups?

For sure there's certainly posts which should be reported as hate filled attacks on others . So much so that several posters have called for this thread to be shut down

To be fair I could never understand why there's do many agriculture threads in this forum. No problem discussing agriculture here - though its the hate filled rants which are the most telling imo. Thread after thread on the same. It's sad really.

Yeah there was a discussion on that piece of often repeated bs propaganda already. And guess what it didnt stand up either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,057 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It's more than likely just bitterness and ignorance. You have to make allowances for the ignorant people

Well if that excuse works for you, you can keep using it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

I'm new to the forum but I don't understand why there is so much pro-animal agriculture in it. Particularly, pro-meat posting. The common theme to vegans and vegetarians is that we are all anti-meat. I am doing a sweep of this thread now to report the posts which are pro meat. Hopefully the mods can take a hard line. There is after all a farming forum.

If a poster creates a thread to accuse a large group of people that their business model is based on animal cruelty then what do you expect ? Posters have a right to challenge these baseless accusations.

gozunda wrote: »
    Taking a guess - I reckon it's an ongoing discussion on a thread which attempts to denigrate farmers and farming. Are others not allowed to comment on that? Or does freedom of expression only work for select groups?

For sure there's certainly posts which should be reported as hate filled attacks on others . So much so that several posters have called for this thread to be shut down

To be fair I could never understand why there's do many agriculture threads in this forum. No problem discussing agriculture here - though its the hate filled rants which are the most telling imo. Thread after thread on the same. It's sad really.

I can accede to dairy discussion, given it is a vegetarian forum too, but promoting animal rearing for the slaughter is a bridge too far. There is no defence to it here.

The forum has very little activity except the farmer bashing threads. Is it really strange that farmers may respond to these threads that are on an open public forum. We are in no way effecting the proper vegan an vegetarian threads only responding to what are well edited propaganda videos and damn right lies being spread about us. I understand that some people choose to be vegan or vegetarian as they don't want to eat meat which is fine. Also this thread is about dairy and many vegetarians consume milk and other dairy products.

I can accede to dairy discussion, given it is a vegetarian forum too, but promoting animal rearing for the slaughter is a bridge too far. There is no defence to it here.

I'll just requote what the previous poster said...
    NcdJd wrote: »
    If a poster creates a thread to accuse a large group of people that their business model is based on animal cruelty then what do you expect ? Posters have a right to challenge these baseless accusations.

There are no restrictions on buying agricultural land. You are free to buy up 100 acres or whatever and rewild it or do as you like with it. Put your money where your mouth is. Buy that land and take it out of agricultural production.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The forum has very little activity except the farmer bashing threads. Is it really strange that farmers may respond to these threads that are on an open public forum. We are in no way effecting the proper vegan an vegetarian threads only responding to what are well edited propaganda videos and damn right lies being spread about us. I understand that some people choose to be vegan or vegetarian as they don't want to eat meat which is fine. Also this thread is about dairy and many vegetarians consume milk and other dairy products.

In fairness yourself and others who post here seem to be in touch with the kind of things vegatarians/vegans would be concerned with, and I don't think people have a problem with your small scale extensive farming set up. If Ireland was covered in that kind of farming we'd probably have thriving biodiversity compared to what we have now and better treated animals, but we have massive factories relying on intensive farming, where practices may be questionable.
    If Ireland was a huge producer of cheap clothing instead, a very dirty industry, and that was causing our waterways and land to be polluted I'd rightly have "beef" with them too.

In fairness yourself and others who post here seem to be in touch with the kind of things vegatarians/vegans would be concerned with, and I don't think people have a problem with your small scale extensive farming set up. If Ireland was covered in that kind of farming we'd probably have thriving biodiversity compared to what we have now and better treated animals, but we have massive factories relying on intensive farming, where practices may be questionable.
    If Ireland was a huge producer of cheap clothing instead, a very dirty industry, and that was causing our waterways and land to be polluted I'd rightly have "beef" with them too.

Thanks we don't always agree.
    But at least we are mostly civil about it. :D

I do however believe Ireland has a lot of just that type of farming, much more than you seem to know. The average herd size here is just 66 cattle for beef farms and a little more for dairy but half of all 100,000 or so farms have less than 10 cows.

In the uk the average herd size is 1800 animals which is vastly different, we have very few farms of that magnitude and that's the average over there.

There is plenty of regular chat in the farming forum on matters of the environment and biodiversity so farms like mine are far from unique.

Why are people introducing borders in the battle against animal cruelty ?

It doesn’t matter. It’s wrong.

Anyway, I thought Ireland exports all its ‘good’ meat and imports from other countries to sell to the Irish consumer. And from my experience most Irish consumers don’t realise how much animal product is imported and how much of it they’re consuming.

So it doesn’t matter where you live.

If you’re eating or drinking animals you’re financially supporting animal cruelty.

Why are people introducing borders in the battle against animal cruelty ?

It doesn’t matter. It’s wrong.

Anyway, I thought Ireland exports all its ‘good’ meat and imports from other countries to sell to the Irish consumer. And from my experience most Irish consumers don’t realise how much animal product is imported and how much of it they’re consuming.

So it doesn’t matter where you live.

If you’re eating or drinking animals you’re financially supporting animal cruelty.

In the case of milk especially it dose matter, almost every retailer in Ireland only sells Irish milk and it is clearly marked as such. Since this Irish thread is about diary it would seem relevant. But in all products I'd recommend people to buy Irish they are available on Irish shelves so there is certainly the choice.

You seem a little obsessed with import and export. Dose food you eat not get imported or exported? Is it all grown sustainably and without cruelty at all levels?

I think you need to give consumers more credit, they have choice between imported and local in a huge array of products. You can hardly blame farmers if some importers use misleading labeling if that is what you are getting at. I think hands down every single Irish producer of any goods would like country of origin clear on any packaging.

• Advertisement

I’ve zero issues with importing or exporting food.

I just hope the Irish consumer knows where the animal they’re eating has come from.

In most cases they don’t.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement