Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

They're such a religious group.
    They are very religious and therefore must have very high morals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Gravelly wrote: »
    Nail on the head. Progressives are the mirror image of 1950’s Irish catholics - supporting any cause, no matter how obnoxious, when they are told to do so, turning a blind eye to anything that doesn’t fit the dogma, and viciously attaching non-believers.
    spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 51,631 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I see John Connors has a one man show going around the country.
    Schools applying for tickets.
    God help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Are yis all still racists here?

f travellers were a race, I would be. However, they're not, so I'm not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭pah

https://www.independent.ie/videos/irish-news/video-shock-as-video-emerges-of-young-boy-being-cheered-on-as-he-drinks-guinness-36278475.html

Has this been posted before? I know it's Oct 2017 but the video was shared with me only a few weeks ago

• Advertisement

pah wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/videos/irish-news/video-shock-as-video-emerges-of-young-boy-being-cheered-on-as-he-drinks-guinness-36278475.html

Has this been posted before? I know it's Oct 2017 but the video was shared with me only a few weeks ago

Up ye boy ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Gravelly wrote: »
    Nail on the head. Progressives are the mirror image of 1950’s Irish catholics - supporting any cause, no matter how obnoxious, when they are told to do so, turning a blind eye to anything that doesn’t fit the dogma, and viciously attaching non-believers.

Ideology trumps reality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

https://www.irishpost.com/news/irish-traveller-family-dumped-rubbish-new-zealand-beach-threatened-locals-served-deportation-order-163448 New Zealand authorities not putting up with their ****e and deporting them from the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

https://www.irishpost.com/news/irish-traveller-family-dumped-rubbish-new-zealand-beach-threatened-locals-served-deportation-order-163448 New Zealand authorities not putting up with their ****e and deporting them from the country.
    While we would get Tubbers to tell us all how terrible the authorities are. Can't they make allowances for this ethnic minority? All from the safety of his gated compound where there are zero travellers of course...
    Bloody liberal loonies. Bet not one of them will mention this!

While we would get Tubbers to tell us all how terrible the authorities are. Can't they make allowances for this ethnic minority? All from the safety of his gated compound where there are zero travellers of course...
    Bloody liberal loonies. Bet not one of them will mention this!

There was something on the radio about it yesterday. RTE Joe Duffy Show with someone else standing in for Joe.
    I don't know if they mentioned the "T" word though. I doubt they did.
    They apparently interviewed a woman from NZ who confronted them but was surrounded and threatened. The cheek of them.

Lovely opinions of the Irish they'll have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

There was something on the radio about it yesterday.
    I don't know if they mentioned the "T" word though. I doubt they did.
    They apparently interviewed a woman from NZ who confronted them but was surrounded and threatened. The cheek of them.

Lovely opinions of the Irish they'll have.

Except these travellers are from Liverpool, travelling on UK passports so they belong to Her Majesty and not to Mickey D.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Except these travellers are from Liverpool, travelling on UK passports so they belong to Her Majesty and not to Mickey D.

Well that's good.
    I had heard they were Irish
    Wonder how they fund these sorties to far away places like New Zealand.
    I'd be luck to afford a trip to Liverpool but then again I have to pay taxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Well that's good.
    I had heard they were Irish
    Wonder how they fund these sorties to far away places like New Zealand.
    I'd be luck to afford a trip to Liverpool but then again I have to pay taxes.

Youd swear that young lad spouting was a liverpudlian alright, how could anyone mistake his accent? :D

BattleCorp wrote: »

They’d probably be eligible to play for Ireland (if they were so inclined) because of the grandparents rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Peter Casey on Tonight Show on Virgin One now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Thank you Peter. You'v had your 5 minutes of fame in the election and we've had our fun.

Now go away and leave politics to the real politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Thank you Peter. You'v had your 5 minutes of fame in the election and we've had our fun.

Now go away and leave politics to the real politicians.
    Peter Casey for taoiseach.

I remember about 5 years ago I actually liked that Paul Murphy clown.

Go on niall. Say it as it is.

M

Gillette, lol, whover signed off on that ad should get the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Go on niall. Say it as it is.

The vegan lady wasn't too impressed with his oul guff

M

The vegan lady wasn't too impressed with his oul guff

Sometimes facts when presented to the green movement don't suit them like when someone buys a new electric car but on paper if they kept their 2 litre petrol car until it died they would have impacted the planet less.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MTBD

Sometimes facts when presented to the green movement don't suit them like when someone buys a new electric car but on paper if they kept their 2 litre petrol car until it died they would have impacted the planet less.

That's not actually true at all. Engineering explained (great YouTube channel) did a breakdown of the lifetime emissions of a petrol vs hybrid/ev car and even in worst case scenario, like where coal is the source of electrical power generation, EVs will be cleaner over the course of 10 years or less. If you live somewhere that a lot of power is generated by wind/hydro then it will taken only a year or two for the EV to offset the emissions of production.

The amount of co2 produced in the manufacture of cars is greatly exaggerated. That said I still choose to keep my 21 year old Alfa going because I like it and it works.

M

Yes but their old polluting car continues polluting with the new owner, that's not in the calculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Any good one-liners from the Casey interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Is he still demonstrating his great knowledge of Irish life?

"I heard afterwards that he was in the Green Room and came over to Conor Nagle from Gill [publishers], going 'Are you Andy Lee?' Then he went to David McWilliams, 'Are you Andy Lee?'" - Andy Lee

Casey is a clown and a creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

"I heard afterwards that he was in the Green Room and came over to Conor Nagle from Gill [publishers], going 'Are you Andy Lee?' Then he went to David McWilliams, 'Are you Andy Lee?'" - Andy Lee

That sounds a bit like the time Jennifer Zampash!tlib asked him if he knew what direct provision was and he didn't know, despite answering questions on it a few weeks beforehand during his presidential campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I hope he's still demonstrating his knowledge of real life facts and not the lies manufactured by RTE about travelers.

Well I would prefer a clown and a creep to Micky or Leo any bloody day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Whatever next, getting the secret handshake wrong at the Law Society Banquet?

I heard he didn't know the difference between a spoon and a soup-tureen either, why should we listen to a thing he says?

Honestly if your best criticism is that he can't mix fluently with the luvvies then I think you may have missed the reason why people voted for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement