Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Whatever next, getting the secret handshake wrong at the Law Society Banquet?

I heard he didn't know the difference between a spoon and a soup-tureen either, why should we listen to a thing he says?

Honestly if your best criticism is that he can't mix fluently with the luvvies then I think you may have missed the reason why people voted for him.

I heard he held his glass of Chardonnay by the bowl one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭I see sheep

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Whatever next, getting the secret handshake wrong at the Law Society Banquet?

I heard he didn't know the difference between a spoon and a soup-tureen either, why should we listen to a thing he says?

Honestly if your best criticism is that he can't mix fluently with the luvvies then I think you may have missed the reason why people voted for him.

Don't know what 'the luvvies' is but if he doesn't recognise Andy Lee or David McWilliams he doesn't know anything about Ireland and he should **** off back to America.

Don't worry I know exactly why people voted for him.

And you lost :) ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Don't know what 'the luvvies' is but if he doesn't recognise Andy Lee or David McWilliams he doesn't know anything about Ireland and he should **** off back to America.

One was a boxer and the other, well I have to assume he doesn't watch much RTE, so he could be forgiven for not recognising him.

I’m Irish born and bred. Never lived anywhere else. I’d be hard pressed to identify either of the gents mentioned.

I don’t think we did lose. He spoke for many in voicing his opinion of the traveller ethnic status. Their culture is long gone. Their ancestors would abhor the behavior of some. Back in the 60’s when I was a kid, travellers were mostly decent, honorable people. Horses were used for pulling caravans, not sulky racing. They did odd jobs for food or money. They weren’t greedy.

I’m Irish born and bred. Never lived anywhere else. I’d be hard pressed to identify either of the gents mentioned.

I don’t think we did lose. He spoke for many in voicing his opinion of the traveller ethnic status. Their culture is long gone. Their ancestors would abhor the behavior of some. Back in the 60’s when I was a kid, travellers were mostly decent, honorable people. Horses were used for pulling caravans, not sulky racing. They did odd jobs for food or money. They weren’t greedy.

It was a landslide, he lost by 32%

Luckily most of the country isn't as bigoted and backwards as this forum :)

'They did odd jobs for food' sounds like life was great for them in the 60s yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

'They did odd jobs for food' sounds like life was great for them in the 60s yeah.

It's almost as if some kind of invisible force is forcing them to live their lives a certain way isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭blackbox

I know of David McWilliams but I had to Google Andy Lee. I've lived in Ireland all my life.

blackbox wrote: »
    I know of David McWilliams but I had to Google Andy Lee. I've lived in Ireland all my life.

Well for a bit of background Andy Lee is a traveller, he's also one of Ireland's best boxers in the last 20 years.

Lee and Casey were both on the Late Late, Casey obviously knew this and was probably looking to have a chat with him and convince him he wasn't a racist (Father Ted style).

Now this fool who wanted to be president couldn't even google 'Andy Lee' like you did there yourself and find out what he looked like or anything else about him, he just knew he was a travelller, maybe he saw a traveller 40 years ago and was looking out for someone who matched his recollection.

It feels wrong putting these two people in the same sentence btw as Andy Lee has total class and integrity, things Casey will never have.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MTBD

Believe what you want to believe. Joan Burton was on the radio on the day of the count and she was astounded at the sheer number of people who voted Higgins 1 and Casey 2. What I and those on the panel took from that, was that a large number of people believed Higgins was a better president but they certainly didn't disagree with what Casey said.

Only the uninformed and those in denial would argue otherwise. The recent uproar in NZ is a fine example of what these people get up to all the time.

Well for a bit of background Andy Lee is a traveller, he's also one of Ireland's best boxers in the last 20 years.

Lee and Casey were both on the Late Late, Casey obviously knew this and was probably looking to have a chat with him and convince him he wasn't a racist (Father Ted style).

Now this fool who wanted to be president couldn't even google 'Andy Lee' like you did there yourself and find out what he looked like or anything else about him, he just knew he was a travelller, maybe he saw a traveller 40 years ago and was looking out for someone who matched his recollection.

It feels wrong putting these two people in the same sentence btw as Andy Lee has total class and integrity, things Casey will never have.

Who actually said he didn't know who they were? Was it Jennifer Zamperelli? The girl who was blatantly lying about his lack of knowledge on the issue of direct provision...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Who's David McWillams?

Is this the same Andy Lee that was posing for photos a few months ago with a big grin from ear to ear trying to promote abortion?

Top class guy alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,345 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

MTBD wrote: »
    Who actually said he didn't know who they were? Was it Jennifer Zamperelli? The girl who was blatantly lying about his lack of knowledge on the issue of direct provision...

You just have to remember that all the other candidates in the election were happy for a halting site built next door to them. It's something the local councils should take note of. I've often heard of local residents objecting to halting sites and delaying things.
    These people tough are happy to have one next door so it might speed up the planning process.

Only the uninformed and those in denial would argue otherwise. The recent uproar in NZ is a fine example of what these people get up to all the time.

Scousers?

Andy Lee said it.

Is this the same Andy Lee that was posing for photos a few months ago with a big grin from ear to ear trying to promote abortion?

Top class guy alright.

He sure is :)

Andy Lee said it.

And he would have no vested interest in trying to make Casey look bad at all now, would he?

And he would have no vested interest in trying to make Casey look bad at all now, would he?

Somebody said something bad about Casey? 100% liar.

Like I said before he's a man of integrity.

If you want to accuse him of lying you can **** off

Certainly no more so than Zamparelli.

Somebody said something bad about Casey? 100% liar.

Like I said before he's a man of integrity.

If you want to accuse him of lying you can **** off

Can you hand the phone back to mammy now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

You just have to remember that all the other candidates in the election were happy for a halting site built next door to them. It's something the local councils should take note of. I've often heard of local residents objecting to halting sites and delaying things.
    These people tough are happy to have one next door so it might speed up the planning process.
    Now they have brutally killed loads of innocent deer near mickeys gaff. Theres loads of room for a couple of halting sites !

I could picture the likes of Tubridy and Zamparelli going around knocking on their neighbours doors and having a word in their ears when the planning permission for a halting site goes up.

"ah ya sure look I have a reputation and a job to maintain so, you know. I can't really be seen to be objecting to anything like that but you definitely should though"

Cretins the lot of them.

I hadn't seen this before...
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/travellers-refused-to-engage-in-rathkeale-crime-review-1.3695595

Very interesting that the refusal to engage was not more widely reported. I say that, its possible I just missed it. If travellers had been refused a seat at the table, you'd have Pavee Point and John Connors up in arms.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/travellers-refused-to-engage-in-rathkeale-crime-review-1.3695595

Very interesting that the refusal to engage was not more widely reported. I say that, its possible I just missed it. If travellers had been refused a seat at the table, you'd have Pavee Point and John Connors up in arms.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/woman-returned-for-trial-charged-with-stealing-170k-while-acting-as-solicitor-897996.html

More outrageous crime by the settled community.

It seems like an epidemic.

Very interesting that crime by the settled community isn't discussed on this forum.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/woman-returned-for-trial-charged-with-stealing-170k-while-acting-as-solicitor-897996.html

Very interesting that crime by the settled community isn't discussed on this forum.

You should start a thread for that topic, you know, the one that isn't relevant to this thread at all. See how popular it is.

You should start a thread for that topic, you know, the one that isn't relevant to this thread at all. See how popular it is.

Absolutely. Start a thread on it. Go into detail about the high levels of unemployment within the settled community and how they drop out of school before their junior cert to start a family.

I can't wait for it.

I know a settled mans and he is weelie weelie bad mans he steals fwom the childwen

No thanks I'm grand annoying you :)

Yes....there is absolutely nothing unusual about 0.67 of the population representing 22% of the imprisoned people in the country.

There is absolutely no evidence at all of any crime epidemic in the Traveller population at all. Good man. You're very clever. We need more people like you to solve the problems in this country.

God, how did you become so clever?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You could start a thread about it, otherwise it just appears you are engaged in whataboutery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement