Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I hate the way settled people and Amish just rock up to halting sites and dump their rubbish in the middle of it and then the travellers get blamed.

They wouldn't go within miles of a halting site or a leper colony.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ahhh...those two posters ( I won't identify them as that would not be fair) the gift that keeps on giving.

Gracestheparrot and Joey7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I hate the way settled people and Amish just rock up to halting sites and dump their rubbish in the middle of it and then the travellers get blamed.

Some amount of Amish sneaking into halting sites on RTE Investigates last night. Its a wonder the cameras didn't catch them dumping in that business owners field.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

'Travelling community should have own senator'

Oireachtas group proposed to work at ending 'tensions'

Travellers should be entitled to elect a representative to the Seanad, the Ceann Comhairle has said.
    Three months on from the racism row that engulfed the presidential election, Seán Ó Fearghaíl wants the Oireachtas to actively work at ending the "tensions" between Travellers and the settled community.

He intends to propose the establishment of a special committee of TDs and senators in January that will be charged with assessing how society can better serve Travellers in terms of housing, education and health.

One suggestion is they would have a seat in the Seanad, although it's not clear how the candidate would be selected.

Currently, the Seanad is made up of nominees from different sectors including business, agriculture and education, as well as 11 nominees from the Taoiseach.

Mr Ó Fearghaíl told the Irish Independent his plan is based on his own dealings with Travellers rather than a reaction to Peter Casey's performance in the presidential election.

Mr Casey finished second to Michael D Higgins with 342,000 votes after saying Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority because they are "basically people camping in someone else's land".

The Ceann Comhairle had "no comment" to make about Mr Casey, but said: "I'm well aware that there is tension out there in society. I see it. But the tension comes from a lack of understanding and a lack of mutual respect."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/travelling-community-should-have-own-senator-37662405.html

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Oireachtas group proposed to work at ending 'tensions'

Travellers should be entitled to elect a representative to the Seanad, the Ceann Comhairle has said.
    Three months on from the racism row that engulfed the presidential election, Seán Ó Fearghaíl wants the Oireachtas to actively work at ending the "tensions" between Travellers and the settled community.

He intends to propose the establishment of a special committee of TDs and senators in January that will be charged with assessing how society can better serve Travellers in terms of housing, education and health.

One suggestion is they would have a seat in the Seanad, although it's not clear how the candidate would be selected.

Currently, the Seanad is made up of nominees from different sectors including business, agriculture and education, as well as 11 nominees from the Taoiseach.

Mr Ó Fearghaíl told the Irish Independent his plan is based on his own dealings with Travellers rather than a reaction to Peter Casey's performance in the presidential election.

Mr Casey finished second to Michael D Higgins with 342,000 votes after saying Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority because they are "basically people camping in someone else's land".

The Ceann Comhairle had "no comment" to make about Mr Casey, but said: "I'm well aware that there is tension out there in society. I see it. But the tension comes from a lack of understanding and a lack of mutual respect."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/travelling-community-should-have-own-senator-37662405.html

And the IT is "how society can better serve Travellers".
    These guys losing the run of themselves.
    Hope it backfires seriously on these cretins who suggested this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"Ask not what your country can do for you..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Utter bull****e, utter bull****e .........................

Idiot Politician says: "But the tension comes from a lack of understanding and a lack of mutual respect."

Note: I edited some text above.

Jebus H. Fluckin' Christ.
    What planet are these Irish politicians living on?

Where are the worker/contributor-centric politicians to counter this type of lunacy? First, Travellers get their own "distinct" ethnic status. And now, we have idiot politicians trying to make them senators.
    We need to dump politicians out of office who disregard the voice of the vast majority of people in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nice performance they put on in Funderland yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why is there not an "Ireland's Tidiest Halting Site" award run as part of Tidy Towns awards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

O Fearghail is obviously trying to leave a virtuous legacy for himself, he knows as Ceann Comhairle he won't have to run in the next election to have his ideas tested.

• Advertisement

Check this out. Lovely way to celebrate Christmas. Every family must have gotten a dog for Christmas. Crazy stuff. https://www.facebook.com/john.sharing.71/posts/216580029275284

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Check this out. Lovely way to celebrate Christmas. Every family must have gotten a dog for Christmas. Crazy stuff.

Watched the video, amazed to see my son on camera. He's one of the Guards btw .

Watched the video, amazed to see my son on camera. He's one of the Guards btw .

It must be very frustrating for them having to deal with this sh1te.

It must be very frustrating for them having to deal with this sh1te.

Gives him a laugh most of the time. Without names he describes some of the carry-on and attempted scams I even find them hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Check this out. Lovely way to celebrate Christmas. Every family must have gotten a dog for Christmas. Crazy stuff. https://www.facebook.com/john.sharing.71/posts/216580029275284

One of the comments is "feral"

Can't disagree there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Dogs were the best behaved creatures in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Nice performance they put on in Funderland yesterday

What happened in Funderland?

McGrath5 wrote: »
    What happened in Funderland?

They were all getting the ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Anybody seen those hillarious traveller fight call out videos?

https://youtu.be/7eaLsvusF7s

DS86DS wrote:
    Anybody seen those hillarious traveller fight call out videos?

Seen several but trying to decipher what the idiots are saying is painful. Far better if they came with subtitles, but f**k could you imagine the spelling.

• Advertisement

Seen several but trying to decipher what the idiots are saying is painful. Far better if they came with subtitles, but f**k could you imagine the spelling.

You are in luck my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

One of the biggest priorities that our education system must tackle is to teach school-children to film in landscape on their phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Omackeral wrote: »

Surely thats a pisstake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He hasn't a hope against Kathleen's bike.

Kebab, kebab, kebab.....makes as much sense as anything else these morons spout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That's the culture they are talking about. Fighting each other for money. That's it. That's all they do. Don't be fooled into thinking it's anything else.

That's the culture they are talking about. Fighting each other for money. That's it. That's all they do. Don't be fooled into thinking it's anything else.

Ah come on there's more to their culture than fighting for money. You're forgetting the robbing, marrying a close relation ( no problems with that..ever) basically any sort of unlawful activity you can think of including and not exclusively slavery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Has Michael D released the accounts yet? I thought he said it would be done in November.

He did. Buried on a big Brexit news day, with hilariously broad spending categories.

A 51 page report, with three pages dedicated to the accounts. The rest dedicated to himself iirc. It was actually like he was taking the piss.

I googled “president, audit, accounts, Michael” and this is all I could find in the first 20 or so returns.....

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/3523632/public-accounts-committee-audit-e317000-presidential-allowance/amp/

It’s not even the published figures just a news report from a week after!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭randd1

These guys losing the run of themselves.
    Hope it backfires seriously on these cretins who suggested this.

There is one very obvious way to sort this out.

Place a halting site right beside or within walking distance every the home of every judge and TD in the country, and pass a law that any judge or TD who rent property must rent them to travellers.

I'd imagine there would be serious decisions made then in relation to traveller culture.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement