Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I googled “president, audit, accounts, Michael” and this is all I could find in the first 20 or so returns.....

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/3523632/public-accounts-committee-audit-e317000-presidential-allowance/amp/

It’s not even the published figures just a news report from a week after!

https://issuu.com/arasanuachtarain/docs/the_presidency_in_review?e=14759918/66377755

It's a nice booklet on the presidency, but the financial statements are nowhere near good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

randd1 wrote: »
    There is one very obvious way to sort this out.

Place a halting site right beside or within walking distance every the home of every judge and TD in the country, and pass a law that any judge or TD who rent property must rent them to travellers.

I'd imagine there would be serious decisions made then in relation to traveller culture.

You wouldn't need to go that far even: just convert part of the Montrose site to Traveller accommodation. Could be easily done btw, it is effectively state owned land.

The editorial stance there, and therefore the narrative wouldn't be long shifting in that instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

randd1 wrote: »
    There is one very obvious way to sort this out.

Place a halting site right beside or within walking distance every the home of every judge and TD in the country, and pass a law that any judge or TD who rent property must rent them to travellers.

I'd imagine there would be serious decisions made then in relation to traveller culture.
    Great idea.! Something similar has been suggested by other posters.
    Unfortunately, we know this will never happen in a month of Sundays.
    We saw first hand proof of this when 'chairman/cheerleader of the elite' Mr.Pat Kenny furiously objected to a state of the art apartment building beside his gated mansion. The reasons he listed ranged from the totally valid to the outrageously bizarre, ignoring of course what we all know was the real reason, that these apartments would have to include a percentage of social housing. His objection was of course successful and these apartments will now be built 'somewhere else'
    Wonder what would the chances of a halting site application being built beside Mr Kenny be....??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Odelay

washman3 wrote: »
    Great idea.! Something similar has been suggested by other posters.
    Unfortunately, we know this will never happen in a month of Sundays.
    We saw first hand proof of this when 'chairman/cheerleader of the elite' Mr.Pat Kenny furiously objected to a state of the art apartment building beside his gated mansion. The reasons he listed ranged from the totally valid to the outrageously bizarre, ignoring of course what we all know was the real reason, that these apartments would have to include a percentage of social housing. His objection was of course successful and these apartments will now be built 'somewhere else'
    Wonder what would the chances of a halting site application being built beside Mr Kenny be....??

As far as I know, you don’t have to own the land to lodge a planning application....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Odelay wrote: »
    As far as I know, you don’t have to own the land to lodge a planning application....

Funny that, some folks don't have to own the land to move on to it. Think I remember someone mentioning that during the Presidential election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

On liveline now, our cultured friends having fun in Lanzarote.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

JMNolan wrote: »
    On liveline now, our cultured friends having fun in Lanzarote.

That's so embarrassing. I'd be ashamed of my life. Can you imagine? It's shocking. Someone actually admitting to listening to Liveline. My god.

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's so embarrassing. I'd be ashamed of my life. Can you imagine? It's shocking. Someone actually admitting to listening to Liveline. My god.

:D

What was the story in Lanzarote anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Settled people being obnoxious and the poor travellers getting the blame as always. Sure don't settled people throw all their rubbish onto halting sites, don't get me started about those Amish dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Settled people being obnoxious and the poor travellers getting the blame as always. Sure don't settled people throw all their rubbish onto halting sites, don't get me started about those Amish dudes.

It is often settled people that are Amish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

:D

70 nice travelling chaps breaking **** and wreaking bars. Fun times for all.

k99_64 wrote: »

Landlords over there won't take too long to do what Irish landlords do, shut up shop, its not worth the hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Hmmmm, the Spanish cops have guns over there right?
    Fire away muchachos!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I can't understand why so many people have the wrong or same impression on the Travelling community but the media have a totally other impression?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Floppybits wrote:
    I can't understand why so many people have the wrong or same impression on the Travelling community but the media have a totally other impression?

Seems it's only the Irish media, other media have no problem identifying them or highlighting their behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Seems it's only the Irish media, other media have no problem identifying them or highlighting their behaviour.

They must have some dirt on the media here that they are afraid to highlight the behaviours and tell everyone they are mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Floppybits wrote: »
    They must have some dirt on the media here that they are afraid to highlight the behaviours and tell everyone they are mistaken.

Or that the Irish media are just following the Groupthink .............. it's less risky for them than telling the truth.
    At least for now anyway:

groupthink.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Nice performance they put on in Funderland yesterday

What did they do in Funderland yesterday.

I was going to go to Funderland later but dont fancy being caught up in a gang of travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

tretorn wrote: »
    What did they do in Funderland yesterday.

I was going to go to Funderland later but dont fancy being caught up in a gang of travellers.

Going to Funderland without seeing these folk is about as likely as going to a hospital waiting room without seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Still find it funny that all the presidential candidates said they'd live beside a halting site... Casey laughed at them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Casey was the only one telling the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Security man suffered serious head injuries and a hotel is wreaked

And the silence from Pavee Point and that fat fook John Connors is deafening as usual, of course if McGettigans had refused them service now or in the future Pavee Point and Mr Connors won't be slow about piping up about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Casey was the only one telling the truth

He was a populist chancer. Only saying what he thinks people want to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

fxotoole wrote: »

He may be a chancer but he was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This is generally why I avoid places like Lanzarote anyway, what's new...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He may have found a platform by chance but he didn't tell any lies unlike the rest of the candidates who said they'd have no bother living beside Travellers.
    That was just plain lies.
    What Casey did was highlight what a huge number of people thought and fair play to him for continuing with his view unlike the other weasels.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

topper75 wrote: »
    Going to Funderland without seeing these folk is about as likely as going to a hospital waiting room without seeing them.

Was there the past 2 years and there were lots of them there. Not big fans of queueing...thankfully they got fcuked out of it and sent to the backs of the queues with their tail between their legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

But it was the truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Wonder will Casey stand in the EU elections next May.

Hope he does. It will annoy the Dublin based media and that’s always fun to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

statesaver wrote: »
    Wonder will Casey stand in the EU elections next May.

Hope he does. It will annoy the Dublin based media and that’s always fun to watch.
    Peter Casey for taoiseach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement