Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A prequel film with all would be good

That would be good and even tie in some real life into it

Veronica Guerin, The General etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I always assumed I'd hate this so I never watched it. Hated listening to the kids in school going on about it. But I decided to give it a go on the Player over Christmas, and ended up binging the whole lot over a couple of weeks. I absolutely loved it! Can't believe I avoided it at the time. I never have any issues with RTE Player. I'm watching Castle Rock on it at the moment.

I'll definitely be re-watching the show "live". Thought they had announced a date for it when I saw this thread pop up. Keep us informed if any of you hear when it's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

endacl wrote: »
    It'd want to be there a long time for the player to start working. Did you finish the first episode yet? Still buffering, or just ads and crash?

How are you accessing the player?

I loaded it up on the android app and casted it to the TV. Worked well.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭robwen

RTE announced last week they will be airing the original five series of Love/Hate as part of their ‘In This Together’ campaign.
    Bachelors Walk and Pure Mule will also make their return to RTE in the next number of weeks.

No dates for broadcast yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

robwen wrote: »
    RTE announced last week they will be airing the original five series of Love/Hate as part of their ‘In This Together’ campaign.
    Bachelors Walk and Pure Mule will also make their return to RTE in the next number of weeks.

No dates for broadcast yet

Love /Hate Yes!!!
    The other two? not so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Regarding a new season, it's clearly way, way too late for that. But a prequel a la Better Call Saul could be fun, following maybe John Boy as an up and coming criminal and showing how he assembled his gang and rose to power. You'd almost certainly have to have a totally different cast to make it work, given how much they'll all have aged since the 2010 season, but it could still be incredible and you could find ways of working in some cameos from the eventual cast as well. Better Call Saul has been an epic enough prequel that a lot of people are now genuinely (and not without some merit IMO) calling it as good as or even marginally more engrossing than Breaking Bad, prequels tend to have a bad rap but they can be done beautifully when you have showrunners who are willing to avoid fan service and excess for the sake of excess. Most prequels fail because they try to emulate the original as opposed to developing their own identity as part of a larger universe, and I for one would trust Carolan and the team behind Love/Hate to get that right if they were given the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'd rather dip my eyes in acid than use RTE Player to watch anything, it's pure torture.

Casting from the app to a chromecast cuts a lot of the **** and all the ads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I wouldn't like to see there being a prequel or sequel.

Did all the seasons again a few weeks back and even though John Boy is a massive character, it really is the Nidge show. He really comes into his own post series 2 but even in the first two seasons Nigel really is the main character.
    His death really was the natural ending

Looked at Pure Mule lately. Fantastic show and completely worth a re-watch but it really is of it's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I'm in New Zealand and the missus is a Kiwi, introduced her to Love/Hate a few months ago and she can't get enough of it, trouble is it was a boxset of just the first 3 seasons, can't seem to find it online anywhere apart from RTE Player which is next to useless here unless you want the 9 o'clock news or Fair City. Even if I use a VPN, it will show up in the list of programmes, but sh*tes itself when I go to play it.

Any ideas?

Also, would love to watch Pure Mule properly again. Onrail.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Seams to be on dailymotion, season 4 and 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RTE finally repeating starting Fridays once The Late Late Show finishes up

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RTE finally repeating starting Fridays once The Late Late Show finishes up

They should do double or triple shows back to back.

Season 1 is a very slow burner compared to the others. Show gets much better when Nidge gets the focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

They should do double or triple shows back to back.

Season 1 is a very slow burner compared to the others. Show gets much better when Nidge gets the focus.

When I watched the whole thing back, I actually thought the first series is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Worst season is the one with the Garda surveillance and the dentist. Best season is probably the last. I liked the 1st season it was a great introduction to the story and characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Back on Fridays on RTE1 starting Fri 5th June at 22.50.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

10 years since it first aired

Nidge updating his bebo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Was just about to watch this now but didn't record it and its not on the player as advertised, ah well!

Was just about to watch this now but didn't record it and its not on the player as advertised, ah well!

It is on the player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

series one was the weakest for me , the show moved up a gear when pretty boy hitman robert sheehan got whacked

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Nidges wife was a fine looking woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Nidges wife was a fine looking woman.

If you like the trashy girl sort

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    series one was the weakest for me , the show moved up a gear when pretty boy hitman robert sheehan got whacked

For me Sheehan is an awfully weak actor. Most of the rest were excellent, could you imagine somebody living that life and wearing eyeliner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

It is on the player

Strange it didn’t arrive in my player until yesterday afternoon and it’s only episode 1.

Strange it didn’t arrive in my player until yesterday afternoon and it’s only episode 1.

.... They've only aired episode 1 I think.
    They won't facilitate a binge watch at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Augeo wrote: »
    .... They've only aired episode 1 I think.
    They won't facilitate a binge watch at this stage.

Its all on the player anyway if anyone does want to binge watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭jacool

OK everyone, just watched episode 1 again.
    Who is the girl in the shop (minutes 11 to 12) that Robbie mentions on the phone to Darren?
    I'm sure she is a somebody now, but not back in 2010.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

jacool wrote: »
    OK everyone, just watched episode 1 again.
    Who is the girl in the shop (minutes 11 to 12) that Robbie mentions on the phone to Darren?
    I'm sure she is a somebody now, but not back in 2010.
    Thanks.

She's not listed on imdb but might be in the actual credits?

Watching that 1st episode again it's noticeable how many of them ended up in Peaky Blinders, Johnboy, Hughie and Siobhan as central characters and Nidge, Tommy and Stumpy appeared once or twice.

I can't take Stumpy seriously anymore after Derry girls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

julyjane wrote: »
    She's not listed on imdb but might be in the actual credits?

Watching that 1st episode again it's noticeable how many of them ended up in Peaky Blinders, Johnboy, Hughie and Siobhan as central characters and Nidge, Tommy and Stumpy appeared once or twice.

I can't take Stumpy seriously anymore after Derry girls

David Caffrey, who was director on every series of Love/Hate went on to direct S4 of Peaky Blinders. Anthony Byrne also directed a few episodes of Love/Hate and went on to direct S6 of Peaky Blinders. They would have been responsible for bringing many of the Love/Hate actors with them across the water.

Advertisement