Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Options
1235236237238239241»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Try the RTE Player

Don’t try the RTÉ player.

Watching season 3 again. Did the writers forget that Elmo had a missus and a kid for season 4 onwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bazermc wrote: »
    Watching season 3 again. Did the writers forget that Elmo had a missus and a kid for season 4 onwards?

I had forgot :o the actress is in Fair City now looking younger

Who killed Git, I missed episode 1 and can't remember, was it Tommy and Nidge?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SweetLeaf

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Tommy beat him til he was just sort of twitching and Darren dropped a keg on his head to finish him off (as an act of mercy really, but IMO it was still sort od out of character for Darren as he seemed to hardly give it a 2nd thought)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rewatched the series the last few weeks

You forget a lot about the earlier seasons with John Boy, Hughie, Stumpy etc. John Boy and Hughie were brothers and from a traveller background but John Boy seemed as far as a traveller as possible ??. Darren progressed into a scumbag pretty quick and far from a sweetheart. Tommy was Tommy, the same with Siobhan who seemed a totally different person in the earlier seasons . Fran was such a great character esp earlier Fran. Nidge was great. Never liked the heroin/slapper one with the red hair and Siobhans annoying friend with her 'you alright chicken' stuff. Terrace was ok but could of been better

In theory they could of done another series or even a special but then again where could they of went ???. You would imagine Tommy died eventually, Trish and the kids prob moved away to get away from it all, Patrick could of went to jail or illegally left the country, Elmo prob in jail and Fran prob ****ed up in the head for the rest of his life after what happened.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ........... John Boy and Hughie were brothers and from a traveller background but John Boy seemed as far as a traveller as possible ??..............

They weren't from a traveller background......... Hughie just spent time with some traveller lad on the p1ss etc. Neither of them were anything like a traveller.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Rewatched the series the last few weeks

You forget a lot about the earlier seasons with John Boy, Hughie, Stumpy etc. John Boy and Hughie were brothers and from a traveller background but John Boy seemed as far as a traveller as possible ??. Darren progressed into a scumbag pretty quick and far from a sweetheart. Tommy was Tommy, the same with Siobhan who seemed a totally different person in the earlier seasons . Fran was such a great character esp earlier Fran. Nidge was great. Never liked the heroin/slapper one with the red hair and Siobhans annoying friend with her 'you alright chicken' stuff. Terrace was ok but could of been better

In theory they could of done another series or even a special but then again where could they of went ???. You would imagine Tommy died eventually, Trish and the kids prob moved away to get away from it all, Patrick could of went to jail or illegally left the country, Elmo prob in jail and Fran prob ****ed up in the head for the rest of his life after what happened.

There was nowhere left to go, its honestly the best ending I've seen of a show and gave total closure. I think we were all expecting another season but we all knew by the end it was done.

Who does she play in Fair City Liz?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Erica

Erica

th?id=OIP.azZ-iwGNbNQVTwrTyz7pfAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=299&h=169

The actress Roxanna Nic Liam was one of Agnes Browne's kids in the film with Anjelica Huston

• Advertisement

Erica

th?id=OIP.azZ-iwGNbNQVTwrTyz7pfAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=299&h=169

The actress Roxanna Nic Liam was one of Agnes Browne's kids in the film with Anjelica Huston

Wow, I never would have spotted that.

Doug in love/hate would be hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I started sons of anarchy over Xmas and must have watched 40 episodes so far :)

I recall Carolan mentioning regret at killing off characters in love hate and I notice sons make no such mistakes , kill their partners instead or bring in temp characters that the public will take to and kill them instead, as I said 40 episodes and loads more to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I've been enjoying the re-runs on RTE 2 but cannot find the next episode. They showed S4 eps 6 last week but no sign of the next one. Any ideas ?
    I'd watch it on the player if the stupid thing would work with my Samsung TV

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

jos28 wrote: »
    They showed S4 eps 6 last week but no sign of the next one.

There were only 6 episodes in season 4.
    RTE don't seem to be repeating the fifth and last season in the near future.
    You would be able to borrow the Season 5 DVD from your local library when the lockdown ends.

https://librariesireland.iii.com/iii/encore/search/C__SLoveLw%3D%3DHate%20dvd__Orightresult__U?lang=eng&suite=def

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

The fifth series moves to RTE One and starts on Saturday 30th January at 10.40pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tom Vaughan-lawlor stared in this for any of his fans.
    Film set in Dublin about a man who has issues with his sexuality.

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/online/rialto-2019/A5EK6sKrAayd28WC141QG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Just finished it on my first watch. That was some brutal finale. We'll miss the show in our household.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

been watching thee odd episode lately but missed the final episode

its still a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's on RTE now, getting another repeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yup was watching it a few week ago on RTE2 and started following up again on the box set in the fire stick, a great show, I would've liked another season, a bit of closure on the cast, what they done after Nidge had passed. Would Aido become a guitarist or Elmo got into drama haha.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

The episode that was showing last Monday, John Boy is out and you see a grinning Nidge going into John Boy's hiding place and grabbing his money. Of course, Nidge thinks its going to be an easy ride after this, but we all know it just gets worse and worse for him. Every successive episode that follows Nidge's stress just grows. Well after Luke gets shot anyway and onto Season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I doubt Fran died but he probably spend the rest of his life in a mental institution

Damn there I was all set to watch the Season 3 opener and see Git gurgling below Nidge and RTE decides to show the Fall instead so it basically ended at Season 2.

Advertisement